Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
this is a serious question , a lot of laws are on the book with specific mention of male/female , i am guessing there will be a lawsuit to change all laws and mention all other genders ,
what do you think ?

The Equal Pay Act requires that men and women in the same workplace be given equal pay for equal work. The jobs need not be identical, but they must be substantially equal. Job content (not job titles) determines whether jobs are substantially equal. All forms of pay are covered by this law, including salary, overtime pay, bonuses, stock options, profit sharing and bonus plans, life insurance, vacation and holiday pay, cleaning or gasoline allowances, hotel accommodations, reimbursement for travel expenses, and benefits. If there is an inequality in wages between men and women, employers may not reduce the wages of either sex to equalize their pay.

Last edited by persiandog; 11/15/19.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
A little yeast affects alotta dough, but it takes a while. Be patient.

LOL
D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
Accepting the premise women are paid less than men for the same work...why aren't employers increasing their profits by exclusively hiring women?

I'm all for equal pay for equal work if the work is indeed equal.

For even when we were with you, we gave you this rule: "If a man will not work, he shall not eat."

2 Thessalonians 3:10
G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Dess
Accepting the premise women are paid less than men for the same work...why aren't employers increasing their profits by exclusively hiring women?

Excellent question! I’d like to hear someone try and answer it.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Most of the inequity must occur in salaried positions. All our craft jobs were paid as per the union contract. Nearly all the people promoted into management the last ten years or so were women, and the ones let go (riffed) were men. One couple were caught falsifying the man's time sheets so he could go home and apparently use drugs. He was fired, but she was promoted to management.

Rush and others have often pointed out that Democrats, the Fat Bitch in particular, pay their female staffers less than the men. I'm sure there was a good logical Liberal reason for that. You'd think Hillarry would pay the gals more because, well you know.......👅

What fresh Hell is this?
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
When bitches take a sabbitical to have their every 10 year nervous breakdown, and/or additionally squeeze out a few fugg trophies...yeah that time off averages into the over-all scheme. Of course you make less, cause your ass finds reasons to not come to work.

If I deer hunted 100 days per year, and took many of those days with out pay, yeah, it would skew my comparable job pay at the end of year with a co-worker who doesn't take any unpaid leave.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B

I have never seen any proof of it actually existing. All examples held up are explained as "fair", actresses v actors is tied to draw power, not part, atheletes are tied to ticket sales etc.

In day to day work, pay is pay, it's based on experience and education.

Was there a problme in the past? Yes, but woman have made HUGE in roads, but very high experience positions take time to grow to, CEO of major companies etc, just aren't created right out of college for example, so yes a long time CEO of a major company gets more than a new CEO of a smaller company, past performance matters.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Women: the original victim group.

LOL
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Why don't you see women working on trash trucks?

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
i heard of a motorcycle rider claiming his cycle was a bi-cycle and entered it into a race in which he won.

we have to begin thinking outside the envelope. the times they are a-changing and we know it.

for me, i've always wondered what color is the box, and if the box has any color at all?

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
if women get maternity leave , men should get range leave or fishing leave . this is unfair ,

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by gregintenn
Originally Posted by Dess

Excellent question! I’d like to hear someone try and answer it.

Lol, go for it! My standard reply when someone asked why I never wanted to go back into the fish processing business again was “30 angry women with knives”.

Women in the work place are nasty, petty, vindictive, grudge carrying, viscous creatures....... to each other. It’s got to be one of the most destructive natural forces known to man.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Official member of "The Clan of Turd-like People"

[Linked Image]
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by sactoller

LOL. Succinct.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
In my limited exoerience women were paid exactly the same for the same work. That trash truck diesnt have a woman because she cant wrestle the cans. In my old job we had 2 lesbians, one would not accept help, the other would. I told both to get help with heavy jobs, and pointed out that i as a smaller statured man had to get a big guy to lean on a wrench at times to help me. That brings the other thing into playz i was paid more for my knowledge-- i knew what the wrench did

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
I retired from Royal Dutch Shell after thirty years in 2015 and, in senior management, rating and ranking many and I never saw this. HR assured this and it just worked. I worked with many extremely competent women. I worked for one more than once, in particular, brilliant.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Yeah, none of the women on my job can lift more than 40 lbs even though the job requires daily lifts of up to 100 lbs. They always whine for help. I don’t help them.

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee
L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
When men get the same pay as naked/bikini models, I'll listen

Last edited by ldholton; 11/15/19.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Dutch

Women in the work place are nasty, petty, vindictive, grudge carrying, viscous creatures....... to each other. It’s got to be one of the most destructive natural forces known to man.

PREZACTLY!!!

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by sactoller

LOL. Good one!

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

536 members (01Foreman400, 160user, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 1badf350, 64 invisible), 2,427 guests, and 1,174 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,317
Posts18,487,330
Members73,969
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.