This, in spades!

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by luv2safari
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine
He'll claim he called him a ni gger.

He is, and he should be arrested for assault. Helmets are weapons when used this way. He well could have killed with it and got lucky he didn't cause extreme injury.

This is symptomatic of the cesspool the NFL has become.

Kneel away at the anthem and flag, and go ahead and support this league. You're one in the same when you support NFL football. (Not you Ghost)

Anyone of us had used a popsicle stick to hit someone would be behind bars, our firearms confiscated .

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Attempted murder.

H
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
H
Originally Posted by superlight17b
Didn t Lyle Alzado do that in the early 80 s?

Yep. Guys in the 60s hit people on the bench...

Seen this [bleep] in college. We had brawls in practice, helmets were swung.

Rudolph is a dumbass for charging after a guy with helmet in hand. Dumbfuck deserved to get whacked with it and should get suspended too.

This [bleep] happens in probably every organization in practices, every year, all the time.
The fact it made TV is the only reason everyone is supposedly shocked.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by HawkI

This [bleep] happens in probably every organization in practices, every year, all the time.

Steve Smith used to punch his own teammates all the time.

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

IC B2

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Ammoman16: I did not see that (do to a difference in politics with the NFL's current batch of negro's!) but have been hearing a lot about it this morning, as I wait for the Culligan Man.
Sad.
There's an old saying that pertains here: "You can take the negro out of the ghetto but you can't take the ghetto out of the negro" - as sad as this saying is it pertains WAY to often to certain segments of our society!
Remember if it's the "truth" it is NOT racist!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by cuznguido
I was watching the game live and the one thing that nobody has mentioned, right before Garrett blew a gasket, Rudolph looked up at him and called him a bitch. I read lips pretty well, being partly deaf, and am absolutely certain he said that. Garrett got stoopid at that point. Ironically he played the best game of anyone on the field IMO. He is toast now.

Regardless of your skills as a deaf person, I believe it is likely you are mistaken. Rudolph was wearing his helmet and lying underneath Garret when (Garrett) "blew a gasket and grabbed Rudolph's face mask and yanked his helmet off. There was no clear, close up video of Rudolph's lips, in that instant. I think you are confusing the incident with Garrett, after Rudolph was assaulted and battered by Garrett, that he had with #65 Larry Ogunjobi. Ogunjobi shoved Rudolph to the ground, from behind, right after Garrett had clubbed Rudolf over the head. The camera then showed Rudolph sitting on the ground, and looking up at Ogunjobi, he said something. I too, thought he called him a "bitch" but I personally know Rudolph, (as a oSu alum,) and have met him and his family, and know he is a devout Christian, and the expletive would be foreign to his lips. So I am sure it was not the word "bitch."

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by LeroyBeans
Originally Posted by cuznguido
I was watching the game live and the one thing that nobody has mentioned, right before Garrett blew a gasket, Rudolph looked up at him and called him a bitch. I read lips pretty well, being partly deaf, and am absolutely certain he said that. Garrett got stoopid at that point. Ironically he played the best game of anyone on the field IMO. He is toast now.

Oh goodness! THAT certainly justifies any sort of retaliation. Trash talk is a given - NFL game or 24hr forum. Same thing. Bashing in heads, not so much.
You got that right...bitch.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Only point I was getting at was it being totally ignored. Rudolph did several things that help trigger it all but in the NFL of today QB's are allowed to walk on the water without interference. Flying helmets and fights have always been part of football at all levels.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
lol looked like good old school ball playing.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
IC B3

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
I don't care what was/wasn't said,he needs to be banned FOR LIFE,no questions,send the message,he could also be charged with assault.
There is no room for that kind if behavior.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
He'll be back after the media focus shifts elsewhere.

Todd Bertuzzi came back and played in the NHL after he broke Steve Moore's neck during an on ice assault.

But for Steve Moore, nothing has been the same since he was attacked by Bertuzzi and driven head-first into the ice on March 8, 2004. Since that night in Vancouver, Moore has never played in the NHL and, at 32, never will again.

For even when we were with you, we gave you this rule: "If a man will not work, he shall not eat."

2 Thessalonians 3:10
A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
That quarterback was trying for Miles' head way before it escalated. Send the both of them home to suck on their thumbs. (Hate that a Texas Aggie dropped his cool.)

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by agazain
That quarterback was trying for Miles' head way before it escalated. Send the both of them home to suck on their thumbs. (Hate that a Texas Aggie dropped his cool.)

Granted, Mason grabbed his helmet while they were scrumming on the ground and that may have caused some of what ensued even though it shouldn't have. No one was injured in any way with the helmet grabbing on the ground. Anyone who has played beyond HS knows that chit far beyond helmet grabbing goes on all of the time on a football field and no one tries to hurt anyone else purposefully after the fact in most cases. It could have easily ended and usually does with what happened during the scrum on the ground.

The ex-Aggie initiated the entire bit of crap that ensued with his CS take-down that was not a tackle. The ex-Aggie simply blew his cool and went after Mason's helmet after letting him up off the ground after his take-down. Then he decides since he has the helmet in hand he'd use it as a weapon. Pure bull chit and it shows the ex-Aggie's character to the hilt... Garrett instantly went from a football player to a street thug. Fugg him and let him eat fish heads for a year minimum so other like minded individuals don't decide that if he got away with it, maybe I can too.

Mayfield called it right in his interview after the game. Even ex-Aggies need to be smarter than the "smarts" that Garrett exhibited....

It's official. I missed the selfie deadline so I'm Maser's sock puppet because rene and the Polish half of the fubar twins have decided that I am.

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ μολὼν λαβέ
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Nobody has mentioned that since he came into the league Myles Garrett has been the dirtiest player. He knocked an opposing quarterback out for the season earlier this year on another dirty hit. He has a long history dirty [bleep] that gives the entire league a bad name. He is the new Vontaze Burfict. this is just the latest and most visible infraction. He needs to go.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Fug 'em!

Ain't watched a game since the kneeling episode and won't!

Even birds know not to land downwind!
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
What we need is another Dick Butkus to take the bad ones out. I would have loved watching him flying through the air on Kaperdick.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé
Grandpa:the road to hell is paved with good intentions.
Dad:son you have 2 choices for supper eat or don't eat.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
At least three personal fouls committed against Mayfield. First, wrestling him to the ground well after he'd released the ball. Then staying on him way late. Second, wrestling his helmet off and hitting him with it. Third, the cheap shot full on hit by #66 on Mayfield as he was asking for the refs to call a penalty.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
At least three personal fouls committed against Mayfield. First, wrestling him to the ground well after he'd released the ball. Then staying on him way late. Second, wrestling his helmet off and hitting him with it. Third, the cheap shot full on hit by #66 on Mayfield as he was asking for the refs to call a penalty.

If Garrrett could have left the helmet issue alone, no one would be talking about his last hit on Rudolph either.

I'm a Mayfield fan and I doubt that he'll ever go after someone with a helmet over something that happens to him on a football field. This isn't about tit for tat. This is about someone losing their cool just because they felt entitled, and it definitely isn't Garrett's first rodeo..

Last edited by BayouRover; 11/15/19.

It's official. I missed the selfie deadline so I'm Maser's sock puppet because rene and the Polish half of the fubar twins have decided that I am.

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ μολὼν λαβέ
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Can't believe that nobody is equating this to Marty McSorley's Tomahawk Chop on Brashear. McSorley was charged with and convicted of assault with a deadly weapon.

A flailing football helmet is every bit as dangerous as a hockey stick.

I can walk on water.......................but I do stagger a bit on alcohol.
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

423 members (160user, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 10gaugeman, 17CalFan, 163bc, 39 invisible), 2,072 guests, and 1,156 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,245
Posts18,486,132
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.