Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by irfubar
Originally Posted by Squidge
Originally Posted by Snyper
That doesn't change the fact that Trump had no reason to think she would hear about his Tweet while she was testifying. No one should be checking their phones during the proceedings.

It can't be "witness tampering" when the witness shouldn't have been able to hear it at all.

They are (supposed to be) there to find the truth

Trump's "expectation" doesn't change the fact that she did hear about it and was asked to respond to it during the hearing. Trump's tweet will be the big item from today's testimony and was likely ill advised.

https://thehill.com/homenews/admini...ump-tweets-at-hearing-says-hes-trying-to

Former U.S. Ambassador to Ukraine Marie Yovanovitch responded in real time to tweets from President Trump denigrating her as she testified in a House impeachment hearing, stating that they were meant to intimidate her.

House Intelligence Committee Chairman Adam Schiff (D-Calif.) offered Yovanovitch the chance to respond to Trump after he paused her dramatic testimony to read Trump's tweet.

Trumps tweets are the only way he has to fight back against the lies about him.... this is why and how he got elected...

This is what fighting back looks like...... suck it up buttercup...

Here is what Ken Starr said on Fox today "buttercup".

https://www.newsmax.com/politics/donald-trump-marie-yovanovitch-ken-starr/2019/11/15/id/941914/

"I must say the president was not advised by counsel in deciding to do this tweet,” Starr, who investigated former President Bill Clinton during his presidency, said to anchor Bill Hemmer during the network’s coverage of the hearing, which was a part of the ongoing House impeachment inquiry. “Extraordinarily poor judgment.”

He added, “The president frequently says ‘I follow my instincts.’ Sometimes we have to control our instincts, so obviously I think this is quite injurious.”

The former U.S. Solicitor General added, “I don’t think it rises to the level of intimidation of a witness, but I think that’s the way it’s going to be characterized.”

He went on to say that Yovanovitch was “a very powerful, persuasive witness,” before adding, “but she has just one perspective.”

Starr said later, “I would rise above the tweet, ignore it. It’s not going to go away. But there is no way to put lipstick on this porcine situation. So, I think, get that behind us.”

Remember why, specifically, the Bill of Rights was written...remember its purpose. It was written to limit the power of government over the individual.

There is no believing a liar, even when he speaks the truth.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Squidge, I know you won't ever see facts, but the fact is, Trump is being Railroaded without due process.

That's the bottom line.

I'd be sending chitty little tweets if I were being railroaded the past 3 years too.

I'd jab those bastards in the eye every chance I got.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Like ^^^^^

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
That doesn't change the fact that Trump had no reason to think she would hear about his Tweet while she was testifying. No one should be checking their phones during the proceedings.

It can't be "witness tampering" when the witness shouldn't have been able to hear it at all.

Trump's "expectation" doesn't change the fact that she did hear about it and was asked to respond to it during the hearing. Trump's tweet will be the big item from today's testimony and was likely ill advised.

Former U.S. Ambassador to Ukraine Marie Yovanovitch responded in real time to tweets from President Trump denigrating her as she testified in a House impeachment hearing, stating that they were meant to intimidate her.

House Intelligence Committee Chairman Adam Schiff (D-Calif.) offered Yovanovitch the chance to respond to Trump after he paused her dramatic testimony to read Trump's tweet.

Trumps tweets are the only way he has to fight back against the lies about him.... this is why and how he got elected...

Exactly. He's fighting back with the only platform he has.

I think he should start doing Oval Office addresses, like Reagan.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Here is what Ken Start said on Fox today "buttercup".

https://www.newsmax.com/politics/donald-trump-marie-yovanovitch-ken-starr/2019/11/15/id/941914/

"I must say the president was not advised by counsel in deciding to do this tweet,” Starr, who investigated former President Bill Clinton during his presidency, said to anchor Bill Hemmer during the network’s coverage of the hearing, which was a part of the ongoing House impeachment inquiry. “Extraordinarily poor judgment.”

He added, “The president frequently says ‘I follow my instincts.’ Sometimes we have to control our instincts, so obviously I think this is quite injurious.”

The former U.S. Solicitor General added, “I don’t think it rises to the level of intimidation of a witness, but I think that’s the way it’s going to be characterized.”

He went on to say that Yovanovitch was “a very powerful, persuasive witness,” before adding, “but she has just one perspective.”

Starr said later, “I would rise above the tweet, ignore it. It’s not going to go away. But there is no way to put lipstick on this porcine situation. So, I think, get that behind us.”

Yep I read Ken Starr's comments... the context was regarding the political arena...... try to keep up... wink

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Squidge, I know you won't ever see facts, but the fact is, Trump is being Railroaded without due process.

That's the bottom line.

I'd be sending chitty little tweets if I were being railroaded the past 3 years too.

I'd jab those bastards in the eye every chance I got.

Thumb.. Thumb in the eye. smile

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
politics is a hard game . if you aint got the balls to play the game get out .D J T has the balls to be a hard ass .he did not start this crap but he has we the people behind him to finish it that winny ass bitch and the rest of the dimishitts think we the people cave they are stupid . I like mackysagebrush line the chair is no longer against the wall !!!! rant over

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'm tired of this "heroic, selfless diplomats serving the America people" bullchit. Everyone of them have it made with a plum job.

They work cushy jobs for the government with excellent pay and lifetime benefits while traveling the world on the taxpayers dime.

They're not "serving" anybody but themselves as evidenced by recent testimony in this farce of an impeachment inquiry.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by Morewood
I'm tired of this "heroic, selfless diplomats serving the America people" bullchit. Everyone of them have it made with a plum job.

They work cushy jobs for the government with excellent pay and lifetime benefits while traveling the world on the taxpayers dime.

They're not "serving" anybody but themselves as evidenced by recent testimony in this farce of an impeachment inquiry.

Precisely. Then act like they’re owed something when they get fired . Like a job at a university...

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Here is what Ken Start said on Fox today "buttercup".

Yep I read Ken Starr's comments... the context was regarding the political arena...... try to keep up... wink

Yep, in the context of the political arena it was likely "Extraordinarily poor judgment”, which is why I stated previously that the tweet was ill advised. Anything you say, can and will be used against you.

Remember why, specifically, the Bill of Rights was written...remember its purpose. It was written to limit the power of government over the individual.

There is no believing a liar, even when he speaks the truth.
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Prewar70
What do you suppose the purpose was of the smear campaign by Trump and associates, of Amassador Yovanovitch? Why not just remove her?

She's a jilted employee and wants to get even.

She has no credibility.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Not a troll, I've been on this board a long time, and a conservative, and a Republican, and a God fearing, gun toting proud American. But, I cannot sit back and be complicit in this disaster of a presidency. He's a fool, a con man, a slick New York real estate developer that put his and his family's interests far above anything else. He had a chance to serve his country and passed with a doctor's note. We can find other people with conservative values that can bring our country together rather than divide it. Trump is a traitor to the US, it's disgusting.

You don't know what the phffukk you are babbling about.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M

Amen brother, amen.

We have the best economy in the WORLD. The military has been rebuilt after Barry damn near wrecked it, and is no doubt good enough to take on the world if needed. Unemployment in general is the lowest in 50 years. For Blacks and Hispanics unemployment is the lowest since we began keeping records. We are energy independent for the first time in many decades. The wall IS GOING UP. President Trump is negotiating GREAT deals for us in trade with other countries. He keeps winning and winning despite fighting the treasonous left and their masters in the lamestream press for the last 3 phfffuking years. He is keeping his campaign promises, unlike ANY President in my memory and I'm 60. Damn...what else do the never-Trumpers want?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Yovanovitch was fired for cause.

"In this clip, Solomon breaks down the timeline. Starting last year, several Ukraine officials working under Prosecutor General Lutsenko raised alarms concerning Yovanovitch's conduct, saying not only was she meddling in Ukraine domestic affairs, trying to control who the government there could and couldn't prosecute, but that former Vice President Joe Biden was also up to something fishy concerning his son, Hunter, and Ukrainian gas company Burisma. But when they tried to bring it to the attention of American politicians, Yovanovitch blocked their visa applications from ever going further than her desk.

"There were three waves of concern expressed by Ukrainian authorities including the prosecutors and other officials. In May of 2018, then-House Rules Committee Chairman Pete Sessions, Republican from Texas and one of the most powerful chairmen in all of Congress at the time, he made a trip over to the Ukraine. He came back and wrote a letter to the brand-new Secretary of State, Mike Pompeo, and he said, 'I have heard some deeply troubling reports from both Ukrainians and Americans, that our ambassador is bad-mouthing President Trump, and I think you should recall her.' That was the first time that Ukrainians on the ground raised concerns that they saw the ambassador engaged in inappropriate behavior, interfering investigations, that sort of stuff," Solomon explained."
John Soloman on Ukraine - The Blaze

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by 12344mag
What do you suppose the purpose was of the smear campaign by Trump and associates, of Amassador Yovanovitch? Why not just remove her?

She has no credibility.

And on top of that she has nothing to offer the dems besides adding to the clown show.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by TwoEyedJack
Top notch public servant my ass. She had one job and effed it up. POTUS sets foreign policy. The state department carries it out. That is their job period. If you can't get on board with the boss, then resign. Buh bye. If she wants to set policy, make the case to the people and get elected president. Otherwise, shut the hell up and do your damn job.

Amen!

Good post Sir!👍

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by local_dirt
That she will start crying, slobbering, blubbering, like a snot nosed kid, and start talking in that whiny "hurt little girl" voice?

Just like Christine Ballsy Ford did at the Kavanaugh hearings?

I bet she does. Anyone?

Meano Trump! grin

I think Trump should do a cameo appearance and kick her in the crotch while she's sniveling. smile

Third hand lying chkunt axe-grinder.

That's what my daddy used to do if we were whining...

He'd jerk us up, and beat our ass with a belt. "If you are gonna sit there and cry, I'll give you a reason to!" smile

Pretty much learned not to do that.

I got the same treatment if I ever dared to whine. 😬

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
"Why, Get TRUMP! What ever it takes!

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by yukon254
I like Trump but they need to take his phone. His tweet during her testimony is going to give them more ammo...

Not really.
He had no expectations she would hear it while testifying.

I'm glad he did Tweet.

Perhaps they should have allowed for DUE PROCESS and the ability to defend himself, instead of secret basement meetings in the House chambers where no republicans are allowed in.

He should Tweet more than he has. Call them what they are... The Deep State Coup!

He should also publicly tell them to GFT.

Yep!!!

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by 12344mag

She has no credibility.

PREZACTLY!

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

63 members (Akhutr, beefan, 358wsm, 2500HD, bosshoff, 13 invisible), 1,380 guests, and 730 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,243
Posts18,485,924
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.