Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
I have purchased 3 items thru the classifieds.
Never an issue.
Commo is the key between buyer and seller.
When ya say i will take it.
Intiate commo then and their until item is received and confirmed by both parties.
Commo thru pm.
Commo thru email.
Commo thru ph/text.
Shipping/ confirmation # per ups or usps or fed ex.
Both ways,,,,money going to seller and item going to buyer.
If your worried about 5 or 6 bucks of shipping and the hassle of confirmation #,s
And doing schit regular old snail mail with usps to save a couple of bucks...........
Maybe both parties oughta stay outta the classifieds and go back to 1967 and drink glass bottled milk delivered to the tin box on the front porch.....

Info should flow easily between buyer and seller

In this day and age
Most everyone has a smart phone
Or access to one or a computer.
Really no excuse for lack of commo.

Im buying something. I will stay in touch with seller till i receive my item.
It might even begin to annoy a seller, but i want my item and the info.
I might be super anal about commo
But I want a confirmation # for it being shipped so I can track it.
Just like the seller can.
If you drop the ball on commo .
Schitt goes to hell in a handbag fast.
Then fingers start getting pointed.....

Rant over.....

Last edited by renegade50; 11/17/19.
GB1

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by 338rcm
I would buy from mk257 with no worries

Ditto. A bit of slacking ain't call-out worthy. Scope arrived in perfect time so there wasn't a real issue, it was all in his head. OP's last post, rather than an apology, is pretty fuggin lame.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
A simple tracking number solves almost all problems.

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Trying to figure out where the 375 H&h dies are I bought from you. Following the tracking number you supplied, said they left your city three days ago,and today says they were delivered. Back to the address they were shipped from ???

G
g5m Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
This reminds me of a Christmas card we mailed that took 30 days to go across town.

Retired cat herder.

IC B2

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
I have bought a ton of stuff and sold a couple of things here, never even the slightest hint of a problem. I've shipped stuff before I got the funds, and had the same done for me. I hate to see little nit picky bullsheit like this.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Tom264
Well.
I now know who I’m putting on ignore...

Me too. I only use the ignore feature as a reminder of who to not do business with. One of the party here gets the ignore, one party doesn't.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by kenster99
Trying to figure out where the 375 H&h dies are I bought from you. Following the tracking number you supplied, said they left your city three days ago,and today says they were delivered. Back to the address they were shipped from ???

Ken, as you can clearly see in the tracking history the dies are in CA.

Patience my friend- I don’t find 4 days from East to West coast to be ridiculous.

MK

MK
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 257heaven
Never been a fan of call out threads. But they keep happening.

I agree with this. To me, call-out threads are so potentially dangerous to one's hard earned online reputation that someone who feels inclined to create one should not only be convinced they have been hosed; but, they should show a significant amount of patience and even restraint before doing so. It seems both parties have been somewhat validated here and potentially there is "no harm, no foul". However, it could have been much worse to MK257's reputation.

Someone made a good point. $100 maybe be chump change to one person where it is a huge sum of money to another. However, there are better ways, or, at least better first steps before calling someone out. I have faced similar situations, multiple times, as the OP did. My first inclination was always to do a little private research. Search the other party's prior deals. Contact, other people PRIVATELY who also had dealings with the same person. In each of my cases, peace of mind was given and appreciated. In a couple of cases, sellers had very valid reasons or things beyond their control occurred. In another case my seller completely forgot to ship. Was that a valid reason? Well, from what I found out about the guy, yes, it was valid. He has a great online reputation with multiple solid deals. He simply forgot. I'm glad I didn't even consider trashing him publicly.

I am in the middle of a high dollar deal right now. I paid on the 14th. Weapon was delivered to dealer on 15th to be shipped on 16th, two-day priority mail, from neighboring state. It's not here yet. It's not panic time and it's certainly not time to trash a seller whose FFL dealer did not ship when he said he would.

Online reputations are as important today as your personal reputations amongst your neighbors, freinds, family and the public as a whole. Protect them and don't harm someone else's.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
My apologies to MK257, package is on the way, all is good. I just panicked!

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I've never seen a call-out thread go as expected, or hoped for, by the person starting it.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
I don’t want to deal with someone who gets as nervous as a chihuahua after a couple days, It’s just not worth it.

As someone pointed out. This isn’t a face to face transaction. We have to ship these goods and are at the mercy of whatever chosen delivery system is employed. If you feel the need to employ a call out this prematurely, I don’t want to deal with you. Just not worth the aggravation and stress...

Call outs have their place - Once you know for sure you’ve been screwed over - to warn the rest of the buying community of a crook in their midst.

This wasn’t even in the “iffy” category. It didn't even approach the “spider sense tingling” timeline. So basically it just backfired on the OP to let the selling community know not to deal with him.

Edited to add that I’ll go one more and say, you could have titled it “When should I start to worry?” or something like that. But to come out and say “watch out for xxxx” clearly shows you meant to smear the guy after a couple days.

Last edited by Dryfly24; 11/22/19.
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Jesus Christ, this is still going?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Ducksanddogs

My words exactly.

Originally Posted by kenster99
My apologies to MK257, package is on the way, all is good. I just panicked!

Rest easy..

MK

MK
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Looks like it....but it's not Jesus' fault.

Sent from my Dingleberry Handheld Wireless
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D

Looks like it....but it's not Jesus' fault.

LMFAO! laugh

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Thanks for the great deal on the loading dies MK257, a pleasure to do business with!

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Never been a fan of call out threads. But they keep happening.

I agree completely. I always keep a very open line of communication, but sometimes pm to slip by unseen. There are some fantastic people on this site and as a whole a very trustworthy group. I wouldn’t personally do a call out, especially over a $140 scope. I’ve recently sold a lot of firearms and scopes for a good friend. He is not proficient with a cell phone. So copies of his DL and FFL that we’re mailed to him, had to be mailed to me. It took several days plus. We’re talking $150-1850 transactions. No one or worked up at all. I did communicate though. Unfortunately, the op is gonna be the only one that regrets this post. I’m sure he’s a good dude. $140 May be a lot to “risk”...

Regards,
Nick- Georgia
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
I just bought some brass a few minutes ago from a guy in Utah, haven't received it yet and I'm pissed. 😁😁

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
I bought some brass last week and forgot about it ... until it arrived today! I’m extra pissed!!! 😡

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

82 members (007FJ, 35, 444Matt, 7mm_Loco, 6mmCreedmoor, 12 invisible), 1,482 guests, and 859 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,370
Posts18,488,308
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.