-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Though the Air Force is not really "military," grin . . . this story alludes to the total destruction of the uniformed services by the PC commando's, first brought in with the Clinton's then cemented with the African's administration. Who of us could survive this abortion, today, where the inmates run the asylum?

https://www.military.com/daily-news...es-fired-disrespecting-subordinates.html

Air Force Leader Who Wrote Essay About Respecting
Subordinates Fired for Disrespecting Subordinates

[Linked Image from images05.military.com]
Chief Master Sgt. Jason Morehouse. Air Force photo

19 Nov 2019
Military.com | By Oriana Pawlyk
The command chief of the 20th Fighter Wing at Shaw Air Force Base, South Carolina, was removed from his position last month after his chain of command received evidence he disrespected his subordinates.

Col. Derek O'Malley, 20th Fighter Wing commander, relieved Chief Master Sgt. Jason Morehouse from his position Oct. 2, following allegations of unprofessional behavior, wing spokeswoman Capt. Amanda Herman said in an email Tuesday. Air Force Times was first to report Morehouse's removal.

O'Malley received credible evidence that Morehouse "was not treating others with professionalism, kindness and respect; this was confirmed by a subsequent command-directed investigation," Herman said.

Morehouse is not currently performing duties for the 20th and is awaiting reassignment, she said but could not provide additional information due to privacy reasons.

In a commentary piece published on AF.mil last year, Morehouse called for more accountability from leaders shepherding new recruits through the service in order to turn them into effective leaders.

"The front-line supervisor has two jobs: develop subordinates into professional Airmen and develop these professional Airmen to be great at their craft," he wrote.

"How can you use this to benefit the team and positively impact the mission? Give feedback often and set high, but achievable, expectations," Morehouse wrote. "Hold them accountable to these expectations and apply the appropriate corrective actions where and when needed. If nobody is dying, then there is plenty of time to get both sides of the story."

The firing comes a few months after another removal at the 20th Fighter Wing.

In February, O'Malley relieved the first female commander of the U.S. Air Force's Viper demonstration team after only a couple of weeks on the job.

Capt. Zoe Kotnik, an F-16 Fighting Falcon demonstration pilot at Shaw, was removed from her post due to "a loss of confidence in her ability to lead and command," officials said at the time.

Wing spokeswoman Capt. Alanna Staver said Kotnik would no longer perform with the demo team "but will continue to serve in a non-supervisory role" in the unit.

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
It is not unusual for folks to be good at principles of leadership, and be inadequate in the execution. I don't know that what I just read is telling about the modern day military PC culture at all.

D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
It is not unusual for folks to be good at principles of leadership, and be inadequate in the execution. I don't know that what I just read is telling about the modern day military PC culture at all.

I agree. Same applies in business as well. Just look how many self-help books are out there on this topic.

For even when we were with you, we gave you this rule: "If a man will not work, he shall not eat."

2 Thessalonians 3:10
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
I'm going to argue the opposite of the thread's seeming intent. Colonel O'Malley on two occasions has acted for the betterment of the service by making two very UN-PC firings. Both had to be very difficult decisions, but he made the correct choice both times - at the very real risk of being castigated by the PC crowd for each of them.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
There's not anywhere near enough info in that story to have the remotest idea what actually happened. Guy could be a total a-hole, or he could be getting shafted. We'll have to wait till he appears on The View to get the real story.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Politics, self-serving and back-biting is nothing new.

But I couldn't survive military service today. Used to be 2 mile run every morning except 5 miles on Friday. Now I couldn't walk that far unless you gave me all morning.

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
My buddy joined in 2001.

He is still in and intends to retire.

He mentions a night and day difference from then to now.

You MUST respect the Stress Card.

I am MAGA.
K
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
K
I probably could manage 4 years as a career E-3 or even E-4!

Would that work?

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
He mentions a night and day difference from then to now.

Can't be as bad as post Vietnam era. Everybody that wanted out was gone, With low turnover and force level cutbacks few promotions available, tick someone off in the slightest and you'd get killed on your OER/EER. If not by the guy you offended he'd call in a chit to get you screwed. And low pay, Jimmy "Little Peanuts" Carter wouldn't sign a pay increase. Married lower enlisted were encouraged to sign up for food stamps.

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
That was my era, too, nighthawk. There were so many surplus pilots post-Vietnam that friends of mine actually got midnight phone calls saying, "Don't come to work tomorrow; you're out of the Air Force." Talk about low morale!

Anyway, I'm in no position to talk about today's military. It amazes me to type this, but I've been retired for more years than the 23 that I served. Hung up the oak leaves in '92.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

IC B3

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Grew up in boarding school. Would have slapped the first weenie that screamed at me. (Even if it were Corps of Cadets.) Not a candidate, but RESPECT for those who serve.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
No wonder we haven't won anything resembling a war since 1945. I had more authority (and respect from my subordinates) in 1975 as an E-5 than a lot of commanding officers do these days! Military service has become a largely failed experiment in social engineering run by a bunch of incompetent political butt-kissers.
Jerry

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Though the Air Force is not really "military,"

Might want to rethink that statement

https://www.military.com/daily-news...lver-star-heroism-afghan-firefights.html

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I am sure if I said I was a female I could pass. But mostly just too old these days.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Gotta be a Marine talking about the USAF- - - - -remember what Harry Truman said about them?

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

562 members (160user, 1234, 16gage, 06hunter59, 1OntarioJim, 007FJ, 48 invisible), 2,287 guests, and 1,245 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,398
Posts18,470,095
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.