Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 11 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 10 11
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Very Happy. I doubt I could have found a better wife.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
But you CAN pick your spouse... grin

How'd you do?

Are you happily married?

When I felt God’s call on my life to seek a mate I asked Him to pick her out. He did, I proposed & we have spent 36 wonderful years together since.

“He who finds a wife finds a good thing & obtains favor from The Lord.”
Proverbs 18:22

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The old saying “ third time’s the charm” didn’t work out, but I am going on 27 years with my 4th marriage. Pretty damn satisfied, and quite happy. 😜

Sam......

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Yep, the stars aligned perfectly for me back in May of 2002.

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by 12344mag
Originally Posted by Miss_Lynn
I am not married.

Playa!!

She turned me down whistle

"The 375HH is the greatest level of power you can get for the investment in recoil." (JJHack)
79s and losttrail, biggest waste of air.
IC B2

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

I am...not sure about my wife though.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
An overall state of happiness seems subjective and relative due to occasional variations. But, I would bet that we are way up on the positive end of the happiness scale - married as young college students and now in our 59th year. Another big celebration next summer - if I make it that far.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Yes, but it's an 'eyes open ' kind of marriage. She became her Dad, which was not ideal. She is a different person than the girl I married. She has a lot of health problems, she will not live a long life. Her medication has her on edge all the time. I treat her like the weaker vessel that she is, but her rudeness makes that a challenge. She is very talented with organization and finances, I value her very much. We are doing great financially because of her, I would spend every dime having a good time. She has made my life better in many ways. God gave me a love and patience with her. He knew what He was doing, she is a great woman.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

We've stuck together through ups and downs 49 years so far. First and only marriage for both of us.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
My wife and have been married for 47 years. She is a loving and wonderful woman that I love and respect. I am very blessed.

μολὼν λαβέ
IC B3

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by TNrifleman
My wife and have been married for 47 years. She is a loving and wonderful woman that I love and respect. I am very blessed.

...and can apparently see the screen.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
I'll share the bouquet I bought my wife on our 50th. A big fancy flower to represent my wife, a rose for each grandchild.

A carnation for each of the fifty years. The lady at the flower shop asked if I wanted the carnations all the same.

I said, No some years were better than others. There is also a snapdragon in there, those flowers are an old joke we have.

They not could find a musk thistle out of season to represent me. laugh

There are flowers for each of the three children, and their mates.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Originally Posted by slumlord
Ahhhh crap, I gotta buy her a birthday present in 2 weeks.

Might get her a new vacuum. One that doesn't make so much noise while I'm trying to sleep.

Dude PM me! My wife picked up a new vacuum at Costco the other day and she loves that thing. She's been vacuuming every damn day. I ain't never seen anything like it. This is the gal that grew up with maids doing everything for her.

Mine likes to vacuum and then come show me all the debris in that clear cylinder like it's some type of trophy catch.

She be all like "you see this, look at this FFFILTH...., this is what's in this house"

wtf

...i gave her the one Rudy clap the other morning.

Keto is eating her gray matter crazy

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Been happily married for 32 years.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Ahhhh crap, I gotta buy her a birthday present in 2 weeks.

Might get her a new vacuum. One that doesn't make so much noise while I'm trying to sleep.

Dude PM me! My wife picked up a new vacuum at Costco the other day and she loves that thing. She's been vacuuming every damn day. I ain't never seen anything like it. This is the gal that grew up with maids doing everything for her.

Mine likes to vacuum and then come show me all the debris in that clear cylinder like it's some type of trophy catch.

She be all like "you see this, look at this FFFILTH...., this is what's in this house"

wtf

...i gave her the one Rudy clap the other morning.

Keto is eating her gray matter crazy

Yeah I know right?!!!

Look at all this cat and dog hair and I just vacuumed yesterday.

That's great honey, cant wait to see what tomorrow brings, that'll be exciting. Maybe I can chase the animals around with the broom later ta knock some more loose.

I always wanted to invent a vacuum jacket you strap on your kritter and it works up the loose hair and sucks it right offa 'em. It'd be a great seller until the first time someone tried it on a cat. Then I'd be sued outa existence.

Last edited by Fireball2; 11/20/19.

LOL
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I was very happily married for 15+ years to my college sweetheart. Folks always said we were perfect together, a marriage that they looked to as perfect and it showed. Really happy, but sadly she got killed in a car accident. I was left single with 3 young kids. Spent a couple years alone without dating but finally decided I had to get out there and start seeing other women. Weird, but the third Woman I dated was everything I always wanted(she was divorced, also with 3 kids). Had 2 dates that first night and now, 23 years later, we are still remarkably happy. We have renovated 3 homes in that time, built a business and worked together, and now, being retired, we spend hours together and love it. I think unhappiness in marriage is a result of one of the partners or other wanting/expecting marriage to be a great cure for something that is either missing or lacking.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by 7mmStwer
I think unhappiness in marriage is a result of one of the partners or other wanting/expecting marriage to be a great cure for something that is either missing or lacking.

Truer words were never spoken. If you can't live in your own skin you ain't gunna like being married.

LOL
V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Rockinbbar: Yes, immensely!
How about you rockinbbar - are YOU happily married?
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Yes. Almost 28 years. We've been through some tough times and some amazing times. The key is both of us just being too hard-headed to quit. Too many folks quit when times get hard and never discover how awesome it can be on the other side.
Unfortunately, she's got stage 4 breast cancer that has spread to her brain, so we don't have many (if any) anniversaries left. But we're making the most of the time we have left.
If you are married, try to remember that life is fragile and tomorrow isn't guaranteed. Make the most of it.

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Hookset: Prayers done for your Mrs. - your words are profound.
I think I will give the VarmintWife a big hug when she gets home from work this afternoon?
The VarmintWife and I have been together for nearly 50 years now and married for 44.
Life is precious - indeed.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Page 6 of 11 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

69 members (beefan, 300_savage, BangPop, 907brass, 7 invisible), 1,457 guests, and 845 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,503
Posts18,490,591
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.