Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Yes I do.
The names are .270,30-06,.243,.22 Hornet etc.

Dong Ha Vietnam '67

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
I had a 7 SAUM I named Farrah to make my wife jealous.

"Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, you'll be a mile from them, and you'll have their shoes."
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Only named a couple, usually whatever my main rifle is is called "Betsy"(yes I liked the Davey Crockett) movies when I was a kid. Been the same 8x57 for a while now(may just stay that way).

For what it's worth and those who know...there was WAY more than one Lucille.

Mauser Rescue Society
Founder, President, and Chairman

I don't always shoot Mausers, but when I do...I prefer VZ-24s.

jdi do píči
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
My friend's 4 year old daughter called his shotgun "Nellie"
(It was a Benelli)
I don't name inanimate objects, but I've called them some names if they didn't do what they should.

One shot, one kill........ It saves a lot of ammo!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Guy I once worked with told me this story...........he met this chick and was about to get a BJ. She asked him what his talleywhackers name was.....lol, no kidding, I'm not making this up. He said in the heat of the moment, he made up a name for it. She lavished it with affection, calling out the name several times. Some time thereafter, he got a call from her and she said she wanted to see "X" again. He said "who," because he'd forgotten the name he gave her. He finally told her he'd forgotten the name because he'd just made one up. She said that if he'd lie about that, he'd lie about other stuff as well, and hung up the phone. Guy said she was a fruitcake anyway.

Another co-worker who heard the story said to him.........why didn't just call it "Shorty," that would have been easy to remember. Guy said...."fugg you," I wished I'd kept that story to myself.

IC B2

Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
I use the and on the firearm. Name vehicles the same way.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
If I miss, I call it a MFer. No way it was me!!!!

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Name, no, title, yes.

My 7mm STW Sendero was the "soul ripper". When it was done there was nothing left for Jesus to save. frown It made the most vicious hits of any gun I ever saw. Somehow it took stuff beyond merely dead and .. defiled it.

Tom

Anyone who thinks there's two sides to everything hasn't met a M�bius strip.

Here be dragons ...
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
First gun I ever bought was Remington 870 Wingmaster 12 gauge. I was just a teenager and had saved my money for months and months to buy it so I was pretty proud of it. Fast forward a few years I had a buddy that was (still is) a talented silversmith. He owed me twenty bucks from a poker game and he was broke so I asked him to engrave my name on my shotgun for the twenty bucks. He agreed. Later, he said it was a PITA - the steel is so hard and one little slip will ruin the whole thing, but he did a beautiful job of it.

Fast forward many years - pheasant hunting with my youngest son he says, "Oh, I see you brought the Davey today." and the name stuck.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Had a Model 70 named "Chester the Molester".

The only rifle I have ever named.

IC B3

H
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
H
First two centerfire rifles I hunted with was a Mark X 7X57 and a 45-70 Marlin. The 7X57 had a knack for dropping deer in their tracks and the Marlin was, well....rambunctious. I thought about calling them Thunder and Lightning for obvious reasons. But, I could never really get into it and just never used the names.

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
Originally Posted by T_O_M
Name, no, title, yes.

My 7mm STW Sendero was the "soul ripper". When it was done there was nothing left for Jesus to save. frown It made the most vicious hits of any gun I ever saw. Somehow it took stuff beyond merely dead and .. defiled it.

Tom

7mm ultra mag and 300 Weatherby are the same way

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
the only one i have a so-called name for is my 7600 carbine 35 remington. its known as the Meatmaster in my house.

My diploma is a DD214
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by JamesJr
Guy I once worked with told me this story...........he met this chick and was about to get a BJ. She asked him what his talleywhackers name was.....lol, no kidding, I'm not making this up. He said in the heat of the moment, he made up a name for it. She lavished it with affection, calling out the name several times. Some time thereafter, he got a call from her and she said she wanted to see "X" again. He said "who," because he'd forgotten the name he gave her. He finally told her he'd forgotten the name because he'd just made one up. She said that if he'd lie about that, he'd lie about other stuff as well, and hung up the phone. Guy said she was a fruitcake anyway.

Another co-worker who heard the story said to him.........why didn't just call it "Shorty," that would have been easy to remember. Guy said...."fugg you," I wished I'd kept that story to myself.

Hahahahaha

Should've named it Morehead.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by slumlord
Originally Posted by JamesJr

Hahahahaha

Should've named it Morehead.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
I never did until recently. I started referring to going for a walk with the Colonel when I take the 35 or 400 Whelen hunting.

Chronographs, bore scopes and pattern boards have broke a lot of hearts.
H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Yes i name my guns.
I call each one " piece of chit"

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by jnyork
I call it "rifle".

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Very nice shot.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
I have not before, but did the one I am getting build. It has a howling wolf head on the floorplate. I am calling her Tikaani. The name is also engraved in the floorplate. Gun has beautiful walnut, and nice curves. Definitely female!!!

......the occasional hunter wielding a hopelessly inaccurate rifle, living by the fantastical rule that this cartridge can deliver the goods, regardless of shot placement or rifle accuracy. The correct term for this is minute of ego.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Just my .54 caliber Hawken Smoke Pole.

I call it “Ole Betsy” just like Fess Parker called his rifle in the old Disney “Daniel Boone” series. 🤠

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

593 members (10gaugeman, 10gaugemag, 1OntarioJim, 1lessdog, 160user, 007FJ, 74 invisible), 2,421 guests, and 1,314 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,151
Posts18,484,245
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.