Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
I
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
The more I see of this guy, the more I believe he could be a great #46.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I agree. Or Jim Jordan.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Hmmm, He's smart, he's a fighter, he's got a schiton of money, I think you got something there.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by Morewood
I agree. Or Jim Jordan.

Nunes and Jordan or Jordan and Nunes . . . I’m good either way.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
We could do a lot worse.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by flintlocke
Hmmm, He's smart, he's a fighter, he's got a schiton of money, I think you got something there.

Nunes has a ton of money? Don't think so. He could probably raise a few billion though. Portuguese that has a Spanish name and looks, walks and talks like a third generation Californio.

He Speaks Farmer and flyover country speak verywell as a former dairyman though.

You could get all the big money RINOs behind him also.

He's everything Jeb Bush was supposed to be.

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I agree. Or Jim Jordan.

I like both guys. however will they fit the political climate we will have in 2024? Here's what I'm talking about.

If the Dems are smart (no guarantee they are), they will abandoned the overt Far Left talk and find a candidate much like Bill Clinton who will talk jobs and economy and throw in a little Obama "everybody loves me" with it.

Bill Clinton pretended he was moderate to conservative

"Guys, I hunt, I ain't grabbing no guns. I want jobs and strong economy. I'm willing to let this Reaganomics thing roll. Y'all need to vote for me 'cuz this GHW Bush dude ain't a good leader".
Obama used the same theme but capitalized on GWB unpopularity by insinuating "Vote for me and the World will love America once again and eveybody will feel good."

If the Dems find a similar character (again, no guarantees) that will campaign on keeping the Trump ecoonomy and getting rid of the political fighting, the middle will flock to him/her. The mushy middle 20% of swing voters doesn't like the acrimony and political fighting. They are pussies and that's why they are Moderates. They feel uncomfortable defending a tough position. They like it when everybody gets along. That's the college educated White Women in a nut shell. They want everybody to "play nice and don't be mean". If the Dems hire me, I could put them back in the White House with just that formula. (Don't worry, they won't hire me).

You need to acknowledge that the American voters changes the party in the WH every 8 years unless the economy stinks, then they do it in 4. With that knowledge, it is going to be tough getting another overt Conservative elected for the Right.

I think the GOP will need to take the same tact. Find some one who will say "I'll keep the Trump economy going, but I can work with the Dems get "meaningful immigration reform", keep a strong military, help the poor, the gays, the homeless etc. I can work with China. I will make better progress with Xi in China and Kim in NK because I'm not so confrontational. In other works, I'll keep the Trump policies, but I'll just be a whole lot "nicer" about it.

Of course, the hard core Right will sc-hitt bricks 'cuz the next dude is not "talking" conservative enough. He'll be called a RINO, traitor, another Democrat but in reality it's all about getting elected. Clinton and Obama ran as moderates. They did as they pleased once elected. No reason the GOP can't do the same. How about 16 years of the GOP appointing federal judges? Would you go for that? Have 7-2 on the SCOTUS? What would you do for that?

Last edited by hatari; 11/22/19.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by tpcollins
I agree. Or Jim Jordan.

And bring in Cruz for AG.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Idaho Shooter: I would vote for him.
Even though he was born in kalifornicationkopia!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

I
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
Anybody who talks to the dems and MSM like this guy does, I will forgive his present state of residence.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
IC B3

D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
I can't fault someone from where they came from...only where they stand.

For even when we were with you, we gave you this rule: "If a man will not work, he shall not eat."

2 Thessalonians 3:10
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by hatari
I agree. Or Jim Jordan.

I like both guys. however will they fit the political climate we will have in 2024? Here's what I'm talking about.

If the Dems are smart (no guarantee they are), they will abandoned the overt Far Left talk and find a candidate much like Bill Clinton who will talk jobs and economy and throw in a little Obama "everybody loves me" with it.

"Guys, I hunt, I ain't grabbing no guns. I want jobs and strong economy. I'm willing to let this Reaganomics thing roll. Y'all need to vote for me 'cuz this GHW Bush dude ain't a good leader".
Obama used the same theme but capitalized on GWB unpopularity by insinuating "Vote for me and the World will love America once again and eveybody will feel good."

If the Dems find a similar character (again, no guarantees) that will campaign on keeping the Trump ecoonomy and getting rid of the political fighting, the middle will flock to him/her. The mushy middle 20% of swing voters don't like the acrimony and political fighting. They are pussies and that's why they are Moderates. They feel uncomfortable defending a tough position. They like it when everybody gets along. That's the college educated White Women in a nut shell. They want everybody to "play nice and don't be mean". If the Dems hire me, I could put them back in the White House with just that formula. (Don't worry, they won't hire me).

You need to acknowledge that the American voter changes the party in the WH every 8 years unless the economy stinks, then they do it in 4. With that knowledge, it is going to be tough getting another overt Conservative elected for the Right.

I think the GOP will need to take the same tact. Find some one who will say "I'll keep the Trump economy going, but I can work witht eh Dems got "meaningful immigration reform", keep a strong military, help the poor, the gays, the homeless etc. I can work with China. I will make better progress with Xi in China and Kim in NK because I'm not so confrontational. In other works, I'll keep the Trump policies, but I'll just be a whole lot "nicer" about it.

Of course, the hard core Right will sc-hitt brinks 'cuz they next dude not "talking" conservative enough. He'll be called a RINO, traitor, another Democrat but in reality it's all about getting elected. Clinton and Obama ran as moderates. They did as they pleased once elected. No reason the GOP can't do the same. How about 16 years of the GOP appointing federal judges? Would you go for that? Have 7-2 on the SCOTUS? What would you do for that?

It seems to me that the entire perspective of "Conservative Inc." will die with the boomer generation. The young people on the right aren't going to be impressed with a GOP candidate that promises to get along with the left. The young people on the right want nationalism.

Trump got elected because he ran as a nationalist. He still draws crowds because his rhetoric is nationalist.

Any GOP candidate who wants to impress the young people on the right will be right of Trump.

He won't be Jeb!.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
He's got brass cajones for sure! Looked like A Schits for brains was about to go spastic on national tv lol! I'd vote
Nunes!

MAGA! This is the way!
T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Originally Posted by FatCity67
Originally Posted by flintlocke

Nunes has a ton of money? Don't think so. He could probably raise a few billion though. Portuguese that has a Spanish name and looks, walks and talks like a third generation Californio.

He Speaks Farmer and flyover country speak verywell as a former dairyman though.

You could get all the big money RINOs behind him also.

He's everything Jeb Bush was supposed to be.

Jeb Bush and Nunes should not be in the same thought together.

Hatari, where are the dems going to find someone like that these days? It will have to be a dem who votes against impeachment at some level or outside the Beltway.

"Be sure you're right. Then go ahead." Fess Parker as Davy Crockett
O
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
O
If the dems get the holy living crap stomped out of them next year, they WILL come with someone just like Hatari said. If they can't find one they will remake one.

https://postimg.cc/xXjW1cqx/81efa4c5

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Soli Deo Gloria

democrats ARE the plague.

J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
The more I see of this guy, the more I believe he could be a great #46.

This^^^. In spades.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by RickyD
Originally Posted by tpcollins
I agree. Or Jim Jordan.

And bring in Cruz for AG.

Not this again.

Leave the damn Republican Senators in the Senate.

TX is going Blue and going fast, the last thing we need is to open up that seat to a special election that will ultimately turn it blue.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by hatari
I agree. Or Jim Jordan.

If the Dems find a similar character (again, no guarantees) that will campaign on keeping the Trump ecoonomy and getting rid of the political fighting, the middle will flock to him/her. The mushy middle 20% of swing voters don't like the acrimony and political fighting. They are pussies and that's why they are Moderates. They feel uncomfortable defending a tough position. They like it when everybody gets along. That's the college educated White Women in a nut shell. They want everybody to "play nice and don't be mean". If the Dems hire me, I could put them back in the White House with just that formula. (Don't worry, they won't hire me).

You need to acknowledge that the American voter changes the party in the WH every 8 years unless the economy stinks, then they do it in 4. With that knowledge, it is going to be tough getting another overt Conservative elected for the Right.

I think the GOP will need to take the same tact. Find some one who will say "I'll keep the Trump economy going, but I can work witht eh Dems got "meaningful immigration reform", keep a strong military, help the poor, the gays, the homeless etc. I can work with China. I will make better progress with Xi in China and Kim in NK because I'm not so confrontational. In other works, I'll keep the Trump policies, but I'll just be a whole lot "nicer" about it.

Of course, the hard core Right will sc-hitt brinks 'cuz they next dude not "talking" conservative enough. He'll be called a RINO, traitor, another Democrat but in reality it's all about getting elected. Clinton and Obama ran as moderates. They did as they pleased once elected. No reason the GOP can't do the same. How about 16 years of the GOP appointing federal judges? Would you go for that? Have 7-2 on the SCOTUS? What would you do for that?

Sounds about right if things remain as they have been, but will they.

The Democrats are on the verge of Destroying the Democrat party. Some say their obsession with destroying Trump may ultimately destroy the entire party.

On the other hand, if the Republican abandon President Trump with this Impeachment BS, they will also be on the verge of destroying the entire Republican Party.

If these two continue on with their obsession to remove this "outsider" and fail, we may not have a simple two party system in 2024 that we have today.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
I’ve gotten cynical enough that I just am not persuaded by talk anymore.

Ted Cruz “talked“ and I voted for The Donald 2x because I was convinced he liked to do little more than that.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You can bet Nunes and Jordan are squarely in the Dems "kill" sights

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

462 members (1_deuce, 10gaugemag, 2500HD, 260madman, 1minute, 160user, 48 invisible), 2,507 guests, and 1,287 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,857
Posts18,478,540
Members73,948
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.