Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Local Dirt,

I apologize for my earlier comments. My gray matter is obviously lacking compared to yours. Which tree would you recommend that I put a trail camera on? Thank you for your assistance.

[Linked Image from mnprairieroots.files.wordpress.com]

'If you say the parent you were most afraid when you were a kid was your dad, you grew up in the city.'
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by SamOlson
This is why we never chew out trespassers. Impossible to watch over everything and if you get some weirdo manbitch all butthurt they might come back and shoot a cow or vandalize equipment.The biggest problem with having a little land is fuuckhead people.
If you don't talk mean to them what do you do? I sort of politely tell them to leave now and if you come back I will get a warrant for your arrest. Then, if I know them I send them a letter describing the property and telling them not to enter for any purpose. This is what I advised land owners/leasers to do in my 30 years of being a game warden. I've never had a cow shot,but I did have a water trough and a 4 wheeler shot by the same person. But the sheriff came out and killed him.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
We always tell them that it's okay to hunt but you have to walk.

No wheelers or pickups.

The walking part usually stumps them and they leave.

It actually works out pretty good.

We aren't the 'bad guy' and they are too lazy to hunt.

My folks get quite a few people who actually stop in the yard and ask and they get the same treatment.

Walk in only.

Pastures away from home it's impossible to regulate.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by Hastings
I've never had a cow shot,but I did have a water trough and a 4 wheeler shot by the same person. But the sheriff came out and killed him.

It's always good to be tight with the local Sheriff.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

That's the point. You're not following my logic. Don't try. You're not capable

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Girlhunter
Originally Posted by horse1
Originally Posted by local_dirt
Creativity is the key that opens the door to productivity.

There aren't any trees. It's gravel, grass to the bottom of the ditch, and the farmers swing their equipment out around the power-poles and farm to the bottom of the ditch. There's a few trees around farm yards, but that's really it. You could put your trail cams on the power poles, and have the power company remove them. You could put T-posts into the ditch, hang your cams on them and run the risk of someone running into your T-post thats on the public right-of-way.

160ac squares as far as the eye can see.

WTF are you talking about, Local Dirt knows everything, just ask him. Amazing how provincial some people are, which is ok, but Local Dirt considers it a badge of honor. In Minnesota we call that STUPID.

Speaking of stupid provincial, not everybody lives in Minnesota, genius.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Local Dirt,

I apologize for my earlier comments. My gray matter is obviously lacking compared to yours. Which tree would you recommend that I put a trail camera on? Thank you for your assistance.

I've seen pictures recently that you posted where you were working your fields and there were trees not far from where you were in your machine.

It's no problem, though. I don't really care that much at this point. But, congratulations on digging up a picture that will fit your narrative.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G

There aren't any trees. It's gravel, grass to the bottom of the ditch, and the farmers swing their equipment out around the power-poles and farm to the bottom of the ditch. There's a few trees around farm yards, but that's really it. You could put your trail cams on the power poles, and have the power company remove them. You could put T-posts into the ditch, hang your cams on them and run the risk of someone running into your T-post thats on the public right-of-way.

WTF are you talking about, Local Dirt knows everything, just ask him. Amazing how provincial some people are, which is ok, but Local Dirt considers it a badge of honor. In Minnesota we call that STUPID.

But this post is ABOUT Minnesota and you have all the ideas in the world, then state that not everybody lives in Minnesota.

'If you say the parent you were most afraid when you were a kid was your dad, you grew up in the city.'
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

But this post is ABOUT Minnesota and you have all the ideas in the world, then state that not everybody lives in Minnesota.

I usually don't send somebody to ignore at 5 post, but congratulations.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Local Dirt,

I've seen pictures recently that you posted where you were working your fields and there were trees not far from where you were in your machine.

It's no problem, though. I don't really care that much at this point. But, congratulations on digging up a picture that will fit your narrative.

I have NO idea what you are talking about, but ok.

PS: The picture doesn't fit my narrative, it fits the locale.

PSS: Get tested for dementia.

IC B3

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Must be a yankee thing. I've never heard of a corn field being booby trapped down south.

Every now and then somebody will find a watermelon in their garden that's been fugged,....but that's about it.

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G

I usually don't send somebody to ignore at 5 post, but congratulations.

I bet ALL women put you on ignore in 5 seconds. God lord, it's impressive how stupid you are.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B

I bet ALL women put you on ignore in 5 seconds. God lord, it's impressive how stupid you are.

How many cats you got?

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H

You seem like a person who's never been much over 25Mi from "home".

I can walk on water.......................but I do stagger a bit on alcohol.
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Must be a yankee thing. I've never heard of a corn field being booby trapped down south.

Every now and then somebody will find a watermelon in their garden that's been fugged,....but that's about it.

Never heard of it either outside of stories of fields with dope in the middle. Kinda the point of posting this.

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

You seem like a person who's never been much over 25Mi from "home".

Now THAT'S funny. smile

Keep feeding the insight. It's enlightening.

Laughing.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by nighthawk
Originally Posted by Bristoe

Never heard of it either outside of stories of fields with dope in the middle. Kinda the point of posting this.

I never heard of it until last week when those two stories popped up. I searched agri-terrorism and sadly it's a thing in the midwest.

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R

Aw C'mon now. LD is a good guy. He's just "mis-thinking" this one.

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RMerta
Could be a little payback to the farmer screwing another farmers ol lady. Farmers are well known to being promiscuous. Another farmer would know how to screw the screwer.

Story made the round here several years ago about these 2 brothers who were farmers. They had a neighbor, a soldier on deployment, who had a wife and daughter that these two brothers got just a little bit too friendly with while he was gone. When the soldier, a Special Forces guy, came back and found out about the hanky panky that had been going on, strange things began happening to the farmers. They had cattle to die, a barn to burn, and equipment that was sabotaged. Even though they knew who was doing it, they were not able to prove a thing.

Farmers are no different from anyone else, in that a piece of puzzy can make anyone do stupid things.......and sometimes there is a cost attached to it as well.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by JamesJr

Story made the round here several years ago about these 2 brothers who were farmers. They had a neighbor, a soldier on deployment, who had a wife and daughter that these two brothers got just a little bit too friendly with while he was gone. When the soldier, a Special Forces guy, came back and found out about the hanky panky that had been going on, strange things began happening to the farmers. They had cattle to die, a barn to burn, and equipment that was sabotaged. Even though they knew who was doing it, they were not able to prove a thing.

Farmers are no different from anyone else, in that a piece of puzzy can make anyone do stupid things.......and sometimes there is a cost attached to it as well.

Trail cameras would change the outcome today.

LOL
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

73 members (35, 308ld, 808outdoors, AdventureBound, Bclark, 6 invisible), 1,137 guests, and 785 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,868
Posts18,478,687
Members73,947
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.