Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
W
Walk1 Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
W
Would someone convince Big Green to bring back the LSS version of the mountain rifle. IMO they were the best combination of looks and function of any model 700 they ever produced. Sure not exactly a light weight compared to today’s standards but perfectly balanced rifle. Some folks still like the feel of slim grips, checkering, and warmth of wood over cheap feeling synthetics. Maybe some of the writers can convince them that there is still a market for it. I have a few but would gladly buy more if made available.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

GB1

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Unfortunately, Remington simply isn't the Company it used to be. They've gone slowly downhill after they left the "DuPont Umbrella" to quickly downhill since they were taken over by Cerberus. It's all about the almighty dollar anymore and how to cut corners for a bigger profit, and if we can't sell at least a million of something, let's just drop it and find something more profitable.

I've followed Remington since I was a kid in the 60's, couldn't wait for their new catalog each year.

It was real nice going up to Ilion New York last week and visiting the Remington Museum at the factory there. Nothing but wonderful guns on display that show how great the Company used to be.

Garry
Trump won !!!
Trying to live like a free man in the Communist Republic of New Jersey.
Love your country, distrust your government.
Democrats and the people who vote for them, enemies of America and a free American people
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
From what I am told from several dealers, who get info from distributors who get info from factory, you/we will be lucky if Remington survives another year.

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
I hope they are wrong.

NRA LIFE MEMBER
OHA LIFE MEMBER
RMEF LIFE MEMBER
*MOLON LABE SKYLA*
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
....Quality!

IC B2

EWR Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Wish they would reintroduce the model 66 nylon.
Shot my 1st ground hog with one so nostalgia wise I'd like a replacement. Lol

"My German Shepherd is my best friend,but he could be your worst enemy"
G
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G
A lot of Nylon 66's in very good to mint condition are around. They might seem expensive,, but consider the dependability & usefulness of a good 66, plus the current prices of other brands & standard brown & blue Nylons are still a bargain IMO.

Actually, the internet makes just about anything available & wishing for a remake might not be the best thing as a remake could possibly not be up to par with the original.

I think of 1980 or so. You had the Shotgun News paper that came out once a month. No pictures, phone call required, no seller ratings, etc, etc. A person could search for a year or 2, to find just a semi scarce item. Now, search the net for a minute, maybe a month or 2, but something will turn up.

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Lots of firearms were great while they lasted. But, not so great that they lasted. Todays younger buyer is more interested in AR platform rifles. How many young folks do you know are discerning buyers that search long and hard for the old classic firearms?

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
My LSS Mountain Rifle is in .280 Rem. Love it!

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
I just bought a brand new BDL in 7 mag. Mainly because I have always wanted one. Always liked the looks of the BDL.

Put a 4.5-14 Leupold on it, took it to the range with some 140 partitions and shot 3/4 inch groups. Each group the first 2 were almost in the same hole and hlone flier. I've adjusted the trigger so we shall see....

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
My 2 favorite factory, non-mannlicher style, wood stocks are those that come, or came, on the Remington 700 Mountain Rifle and the Winchester 70 Featherweight.

I like the ergs of the Mountain Rifle stocks, both laminated wood and walnut.

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
This got me thinking. I think I have ONE Remington bolt action left .

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 260Remguy
My 2 favorite factory, non-mannlicher style, wood stocks are those that come, or came, on the Remington 700 Mountain Rifle and the Winchester 70 Featherweight.

I like the ergs of the Mountain Rifle stocks, both laminated wood and walnut.

+1!

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Shouldn't this be posted on the Remington Collectors Forum?

Oh wait.....

LOL
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Whatever you were building before the 700...

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S

lol.....

And all all the Marine and Army snipers said.....?

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by SU35

lol.....

And all all the Marine and Army snipers said.....?

Completely rebuild this lowest bidder contract POS because it sucks "as is"....

PS: let me know the similarities between hunting and a highly modified sniper rifle then get back to me..

Last edited by jorgeI; 11/25/19.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
The old, original stainless fluted Sendero in 6.5 x 284 throated for 140 Berger VLD's (8 1/2 twist barrel)

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Here you go... 721, the safety works, the bolt won't come off and the extractor doesn't need replacing...

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
And, I thought that something being brought back by “Big Green”, that would help satisfy the liberals......bring back the “Electronic Ignition” rifle! grin Just plug it in before the hunt.....environmentally friendly! memtb

Last edited by memtb; 11/25/19.

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“I’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

585 members (1_deuce, 1Longbow, 10gaugemag, 160user, 10gaugeman, 17CalFan, 56 invisible), 2,499 guests, and 1,300 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,187
Posts18,484,861
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.