Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 30 1 2 3 4 5 6 29 30
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
If it worried me that much ,then I would build a concrete wall on my property high enough to protect my stuff. Then I would see if he would let me shoot there too !

Writing here is Prohibited by the authorities.
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Wait til hogs come and tear up her yard. She will be asking the neighbor for help.

the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded. Robert E Lee
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by alpinecrick

I have a feeling if the guy dug a hole straight down a 100 yds deep they would still biotch.

What's a "military grade weapon" anyway?..........

Perhaps one that shoots a round substantially less powerful than a typical deer round.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by simonkenton7
I would not want a new neighbor to build a shooting range that is lined up with my house, where if a bullet goes over the berm it might hit my house. It is dangerous and her property value will take a big hit.

Yep.

All those here calling the lady crazy, how many would choose to move in to the far side of a berm of a shooting range themselves?

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by 5sdad

Dan, I assume that you check for accumulation of unburned powder in the baffle. (Just trying to be helpful.)

Nah, I wanna give my buddies an experience they'll never forget! laugh

Last edited by DigitalDan; 11/24/19.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

IC B2

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
I would not want a new neighbor to build a shooting range that is lined up with my house, where if a bullet goes over the berm it might hit my house. It is dangerous and her property value will take a big hit.

Yep.

All those here calling the lady crazy, how many would choose to move in to the far side of a berm of a shooting range themselves?

I would if I could have free use of it.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Kenneth
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
She has legitimate points, I'd be nervous too,

The noise, the safety issue, and her property value will take a serious hit.

"if it's so safe, why didn't he build it pointed towards his house"......

Hard to argue that fact.

You did not see the video?

Sure I did, tell me what I missed.

The reporter walking down the face of the berm to start. The claim he is going to build it higher is good, even if he stops lower than his claimed 45 feet. A roof in front of his bench to deflect idiot high angle shots and there is no way they can hit her house without trying.

Noise is a serious problem, but he is still legal.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher

Yep.

A properly built berm, I would have no problem.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
There are some people
who always seem Angry,
and continuously look
for Conflict.

Walk Away!!!
The battle they are
fighting isn't with you,
it is with themselves...

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
"Suppose you were an idiot And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
What the nag needs to do is hire a excavator to cut her a range backing up to the been the neighbor builds.

the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded. Robert E Lee
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter

Hard to argue that fact.

The reporter walking down the face of the berm to start. The claim he is going to build it higher is good, even if he stops lower than his claimed 45 feet. A roof in front of his bench to deflect idiot high angle shots and there is no way they can hit her house without trying.

Other than the alleged claim of a 45 feet berm, None of the details you mentioned are in the video, Nice attempt of deflection though on your part.

You had asked if I had watched the video, Now I'm wondering if you watched it....

Still find it interesting the lack of common sense gun safety displayed here, and all the Kool Kids tripping over themselves trying to up their post count.

My final question, once again,

Your building your own rifle range in your small backyard,

Are you pointing the range towards your own house, or away from it?

I already know the answer.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
If properly constructed does it matter? I ask because nearly all ranges are pointed at dwellings/businesses somewhere out there.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
If properly constructed does it matter? I ask because nearly all ranges are pointed at dwellings/businesses somewhere out there.

Which, of course, brings up that well-meaning, but inane admonishment to not let your muzzle point at anything that you don't want to shoot.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by DigitalDan

On 2 acre lots?

Seriously?

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Jeez, guys, doesn't it make sense that what he meant to say was that he was going to add to the berm until it reached 25 feet?

Not adding an extra 25 on top of the current 20! That would be one hell of a berm!

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing -- Edmund Burke
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Property owners have a right to the enjoyment and use of their land. In the event that another party interferes with that right -- for instance, a neighbor regularly plays his music at maximum volume late at night -- a property owner can sue the interfering party. If the intrusion is physical, a property owner may be able to sue under the legal theory of trespass. In the event that trespass laws do not apply, but there is still interference, a property owner may be able to sue under the theory of private nuisance. Talking to your neighbor about the nuisance is usually the best first step, since they may not fully realize the affects of their actions.

While states may vary on their definition of a private nuisance, a plaintiff must typically prove the following elements:

1 The plaintiff owns the land or has the right to possess it;
2 The defendant actually acted in a way that interferes with the plaintiff's enjoyment and use of his or her property; and
3 The defendant's interference was substantial and unreasonable.

findlaw.com

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Hard to argue that fact.

Other than the alleged claim of a 45 feet berm, None of the details you mentioned are in the video, Nice attempt of deflection though on your part.

You had asked if I had watched the video, Now I'm wondering if you watched it....

Still find it interesting the lack of common sense gun safety displayed here, and all the Kool Kids tripping over themselves trying to up their post count.

My final question, once again,

Your building your own rifle range in your small backyard,

Are you pointing the range towards your own house, or away from it?

I already know the answer.

Let me start over... I mistakenly assumed you had some idea how ranges are built when there are concerns about bullets going over berms. The berm is already very tall. This is obvious from the reporter coming down the face of the berm into the shooting lane cut as the camera zooms out. That berm is higher than all but one range I have seen in AK and that is only because the berm is a mountain face.

The overhead deflectors are common and assuming the landowner is going to get insurance on his property the insurance company will probably require it because they are VERY, VERY common.

Yeah, I am going to point the range at my house so I can build the berm in my yard and deflect all the sound to the neighbors. (sarcasm, obviously)

The crazy lady was also asking why he only dug the end toward her house down... obviously you only dig down one end, maybe raise the other to get those bullets to ground ASAP.

And, again, did you actually see the reporter coming down the face of the berm into the shooting lane?

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
E
ERK Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
The problem with this is perception. Is it dangerous or does it just appear dangerous to someone. Who sets the boundaries to go by. That’s a hell of a dugout and I doubt any bullet will escape. The 50 cal could very well be a muzzle loader. I would not do this simply because of the hassles he’s gonna get. The woman will problably shoot holes in her own walls to get him shutdown. Ed k

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by 12344mag
"A military grade weapon"

Ole Blondie knows how to use the media key buzz words doesn't she...........

Ban False Eyelashes Now!

laugh

Oh yeah... You can tell her hubby's a girly man. She wears the pants.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Page 4 of 30 1 2 3 4 5 6 29 30

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

537 members (219 Wasp, 222Sako, 1eyedmule, 06hunter59, 1_deuce, 12344mag, 62 invisible), 2,572 guests, and 1,317 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,570
Posts18,473,264
Members73,940
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.