Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
We pay these guys to kill the enemy, I damn sure don’t care if they pose for trophy pictures as long as they kill the enemy.

As the father of a young Marine I don’t want him to hesitate because he’s worried about the politically correct assessment of war before he can return fire. I’d join him in pissing on their dead corpses.....

Unfortunately even retired 1st Sgt have been brainwashed by the politically correct training that’s apparently replaced or reduced the time once spent learning how to kill. We’re reaping what has been sown since “Tailhook”.

This. I'm paying them guys to kill people and break things. A picture confirming that every so often is OK with me.

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by scoony
Meanwhile, the real douchbag gets to keep his little badge. This is setting a bad precedence for the military. I say this as a retired Army 1SG who earned my Ranger tab. We tend to refer to them as dirtbags and they can make it into all sorts of places. Only experience with the Navy was 12 days spent on the USS Eisenhower steaming down to Haiti. In the Army we have a few values that we try hard to uphold, one being integrity. I know my view is not popular here and I can care less, but we have service members all over the world trying to do the right thing and when dirtbags get away with doing the wrong thing, it sends a message.

I agree. Vindman should return his purple-ish heart. He healed fine from his paper cut.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Meanwhile, the real douchbag gets to keep his little badge. This is setting a bad precedence for the military. I say this as a retired Army 1SG who earned my Ranger tab. We tend to refer to them as dirtbags and they can make it into all sorts of places. Only experience with the Navy was 12 days spent on the USS Eisenhower steaming down to Haiti. In the Army we have a few values that we try hard to uphold, one being integrity. I know my view is not popular here and I can care less, but we have service members all over the world trying to do the right thing and when dirtbags get away with doing the wrong thing, it sends a message.

You kind of lose credibility when you refer to a Seal's trident as a "little badge".

G
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
G
Eight tours, 2 bronze stars, and up for the silver star is setting a bad precedence for the military? I don't think making Navy Seal has much in common with "steaming down to Haiti" on the USS Eisenhower either.

The way I understood it (could be wrong) some of his guys didn't like his tactics for drawing out the worst and most sly ISIS fighters. Very dangerous business dealing with very bad people including the informants they relied on.

It's like a Rambo movie, use them up and then turn on them? Thank God we have brave men like this fighting for our side.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by dassa

You kind of lose credibility when you refer to a Seal's trident as a "little badge".

Yep another outs himself,

"The 375HH is the greatest level of power you can get for the investment in recoil." (JJHack)
79s and losttrail, biggest waste of air.
IC B2

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
The word from the CIC:

[Linked Image from i.dailymail.co.uk]

And the new Navy Secretary will be Ken Braithwaite, the current Ambassador to Norway.

Meanwhile, the outgoing Navy Secretary, Richard Spencer claims that he 'cannot in good conscience' obey the order to stop Gallagher's case going before the review board, because he believes it 'violates the sacred oath' he took, and that he disagrees with Trump on the 'key principle of good order and discipline'.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
And the Ghurkas are saying......what????

That’s bush league.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M

Thought the same thing when i read that comment. Would like to see the 1SG call it that in person to a SEAL! If that clown wouldve read up on the matter, he would have known that he was asked to resign by the Secretary of Defense, not the POTUS due to going behind the SecDefs back without his knowledge and making a proposal directly to the white house that he could basically "fix" the review so Gallagher would be allowed to keep his Trident.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by ironbender

I agree. Vindman should return his purple-ish heart. He healed fine from his paper cut.

But what if he had gotten an infection from his sinuses?

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Ranger tab so easy even females can earn it... when you went through ranger school where did you do desert phase at?

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
In the Army we have a few values that we try hard to uphold, one being integrity. I know my view is not popular here

You can say that again!

Originally Posted by NVhntr
I don't see how killing someone who needs killing is doing the wrong thing.

A captured young fighter was being treated by a medic. According to two SEAL witnesses, Gallagher said over the radio "he's mine" and walked up to the medic and prisoner, and without saying a word killed the prisoner by stabbing him repeatedly with his hunting knife.

Another accusation was that Gallagher's sniper work during his 2017 deployment became indiscriminate, reckless, and bloodthirsty. He allegedly fired his rifle far more frequently than other snipers; according to testimony, the other snipers in the platoon did not consider him a good sniper, and he took "random shots" into buildings. Other snipers said they witnessed Gallagher taking at least two militarily pointless shots, shooting and killing an unarmed old man in a white robe as well as a young girl walking with other girls. Gallagher also was reportedly known for indiscriminately spraying neighborhoods with rockets and machine gun fire with no known enemy force in the region.

Convention with respect to the Laws and Customs of War on Land
This voluminous convention contains the laws to be used in all wars on land between signatories. It specifies the treatment of prisoners of war, includes the provisions of the Geneva Convention of 1864 for the treatment of the wounded, and forbids the use of poisons, the killing of enemy combatants who have surrendered, looting of a town or place, and the attack or bombardment of undefended towns or habitations. Inhabitants of occupied territories may not be forced into military service against their own country and collective punishment is forbidden. The section was ratified by all major powers mentioned above.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by ftbt
The word from the CIC:

And the new Navy Secretary will be Ken Braithwaite, the current Ambassador to Norway.

Meanwhile, the outgoing Navy Secretary, Richard Spencer claims that he 'cannot in good conscience' obey the order to stop Gallagher's case going before the review board, because he believes it 'violates the sacred oath' he took, and that he disagrees with Trump on the 'key principle of good order and discipline'.

I believe President Trump has had plans to fire this POS for some time.

Likewise, large cost overruns from past administration’s contracting procedures were not addressed to my satisfaction. Therefore, Secretary of the Navy Richard Spencer’s services have been terminated by Secretary of Defense Mark Esper.

This and the fact that he names a replacement just minutes after Spencer was fired tells me that this was not a sperm of the moment thing.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ironbender

Vindman doesn't seem the type to EVER have been in combat. REMF.

His superior needs to have a frank discussion with him. It needs to be made clear that his career has deadended and there will be no further promotions. I'm not sure how such a weasely prick made it to LTC in any army, must be an Obama recruit. If he has not filed his retirement papers by year end, his next posting is counting penguin crap in Antartica. For sure his clearances are immediately revoked. I read one report where his superior verbally reprimanded him after the superior confirmed Vindman's subordinate's complaints of Vindman behaving overseas in a fashion that was very unbecoming of an Officer. IMO.

If the Ukraine needs him as Defence Minister, he may as well take it.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I don't believe the Sec Def can 'fire' a service Secretary. He can ask for a resignation, and in most cases the person asked will comply, but only the President can 'fire' a service Secretary.

Sam......

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by Goosey
In the Army we have a few values that we try hard to uphold, one being integrity. I know my view is not popular here

You can say that again!

Originally Posted by NVhntr
I don't see how killing someone who needs killing is doing the wrong thing.

A captured young fighter was being treated by a medic. According to two SEAL witnesses, Gallagher said over the radio "he's mine" and walked up to the medic and prisoner, and without saying a word killed the prisoner by stabbing him repeatedly with his hunting knife.

Another accusation was that Gallagher's sniper work during his 2017 deployment became indiscriminate, reckless, and bloodthirsty. He allegedly fired his rifle far more frequently than other snipers; according to testimony, the other snipers in the platoon did not consider him a good sniper, and he took "random shots" into buildings. Other snipers said they witnessed Gallagher taking at least two militarily pointless shots, shooting and killing an unarmed old man in a white robe as well as a young girl walking with other girls. Gallagher also was reportedly known for indiscriminately spraying neighborhoods with rockets and machine gun fire with no known enemy force in the region.

Convention with respect to the Laws and Customs of War on Land
This voluminous convention contains the laws to be used in all wars on land between signatories. It specifies the treatment of prisoners of war, includes the provisions of the Geneva Convention of 1864 for the treatment of the wounded, and forbids the use of poisons, the killing of enemy combatants who have surrendered, looting of a town or place, and the attack or bombardment of undefended towns or habitations. Inhabitants of occupied territories may not be forced into military service against their own country and collective punishment is forbidden. The section was ratified by all major powers mentioned above.

And yet he was cleared of all this at his trial.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by Gus
there might be some justice in this world afterall.

Hit and miss. The hit's will almost exclusively have Trump involved.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R

"....kind of............"?? I'd say, "totally".. But that's just me..

Originally Posted by hatari
Originally Posted by KFWA
I don't know the whole story but it has to be more than posing with a corpse. That's nothing

It was the Obama administration. Disrespecting a Muslim. Might make the Jihadists all angry at us Infidels for not showing proper respect to the dead bastards.

Exactly..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by Glynn
Eight tours, 2 bronze stars, and up for the silver star is setting a bad precedence for the military? I don't think making Navy Seal has much in common with "steaming down to Haiti" on the USS Eisenhower either.

The way I understood it (could be wrong) some of his guys didn't like his tactics for drawing out the worst and most sly ISIS fighters. Very dangerous business dealing with very bad people including the informants they relied on.

It's like a Rambo movie, use them up and then turn on them? Thank God we have brave men like this fighting for our side.

I guess you failed to understand the point that particular point I was making.

His team reported him, and for a team to report one of their own is very telling. He even threated them after they reported on the crap he was doing. That badge has been revoked from well over 100 seals in the past, and should have been in this case.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Posing with dead enemies is nothing new. It has been done since forever and it is frowned upon but it is not specifically addressed in the UCMJ. In my view it is a discretionary action on a CO's part and at worst handled via NJP, but certainly not at a General Courts Martial. The prosecutors were obviously throwing as much s hit against the bulkead and hoping something would stick, only the President came along and told them to scrape it off. I believe it was a good call on his part after YEARS of over-restrictive Rules Of Engagement (ROE) which were very dangerous for our guys.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
rte Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I guess you failed to understand the point that particular point I was making.

His team reported him, and for a team to report one of their own is very telling. He even threated them after they reported on the crap he was doing. That badge has been revoked from well over 100 seals in the past, and should have been in this case.

What you so conveniently left out of your post was the removal of the Trident pins all occurred during the Obama administration.

The "deep state's" Manchurian/muslim/homosexual /Candidate,who followed the orders of his handlers,did everything possible to destroy our military.

Since 2011, 154 SEAL Tridents or Special Warfare Combatant-Craft Crewman (SWCC) pins have been revoked for various reasons.

This was posted by another member and was originally written in the Military News.
Trump stepped in after more than 50 members of Congress called for urgent attention to the case, and two letters sent by two groups of Congressmen were sent to the U.S. Navy demanding action.

The Gallagher case has ripped off layers of bandages that were covering up a broken system intended for serving justice; this system seemingly does the opposite and is, in fact, set up to crush people.

Eddie Gallagher’s case exposes the politics of the military justice system, and how an accused man who wants nothing more than to clear his name, or at least have a fair opportunity to do so, must now jump through legal and bureaucratic hoops, and fight leaks to the media in order to get a fair shake.

The outcome of his case is expected to unravel the fabric of our nation’s SEAL teams. At the very least, sources have agreed it would expose a massive cultural gap in how young service members are approaching war as something glamorous, sexy and even “easy” rather than what it is: bloody, raw and brutal, requiring real-life decisions that have staggering consequences.

https://americanmilitarynews.com/2019/04/this-is-navy-seal-eddie-gallaghers-story/

Communist Goals

26. Present homosexuality and degeneracy as normal.
27. Discredit the Bible.
28. Eliminate prayer in the schools.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/1561529/posts
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

536 members (12344mag, 10gaugemag, 16penny, 1936M71, 1Akshooter, 1beaver_shooter, 56 invisible), 2,232 guests, and 928 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,811
Posts18,496,425
Members73,979
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.