Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
M
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
M
One thing i noticed missing in 1SG Ranger scoony post mentioning his military quals was any mention of a Combat Infantry Badge.....that might explain his misguided thoughts on the matter. As far as soneone mentioning regreting killing of enemy combatants, think im in the majority of those who take no joy in it being done or having to do it, its part of doing a job that needed done!

Last edited by marktheshark; 11/25/19.

M
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
M
I will also add that when you are dealing with an enemy so savage that they will openly behead or burn CIVILIAN prisoners on camera and then distribute the video on the net, any pussified ROEs need thrown out the window!!

Last edited by marktheshark; 11/25/19.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by ftbt
Well ..... BYE BYE

[Linked Image from theconservativetreehouse.files.wordpress.com]

Now ..... what about that weasely little prick Lt. Col. Vindman?

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

They left out a disgrace to the human race.
Paul B.

Our forefathers did not politely protest the British.They did not vote them out of office, nor did they impeach the king,march on the capitol or ask permission for their rights. ----------------They just shot them.
MOLON LABE
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by jorgeI
Originally Posted by scoony

So you would be proud of your son had he killed someone that was already incapacitated and probably near death?.

He was found NOT GUILTY of those charges.....

BTW Scoony - NOT gulty means NOT GUILTY in the eyes of the law. Translation- in the eyes of the law DIDN'T DO IT! Get over it.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by marktheshark
One thing i noticed missing in 1SG Ranger scoony post mentioning his military quals was any mention of a Combat Infantry Badge.....that might explain his misguided thoughts on the matter. As far as soneone mentioning regreting killing of enemy combatants, think im in the majority of those who take no joy in it being done or having to do it, its part of doing a job that needed done!

I'm going to ruffle some feathers, so sorry in advance to any Ramgers. I'm a little unsure why the US ARMY considers Rangers special forces. Any Canadian infantryman is trained to roughly the same standards, yet they are not considered SF. Yes the Canadian will take another course to be jump rated, but the other training is on par. We currently have only one SF group which JTF2, roughly equivalent to Delta. I suppose a Canadian Combat Engineer (Sapper) like my cousin could be termed SF. He is jump qualified and dive qualified. All of our military has to do more with less, for instance, JTF2 does not have Little Birds. The twin brother to the Combat Engineer was trained as a sniper. If he was compromised in Afghanistan, he pretty much had to run to safety, no helicopters on standby, more likely Americans would rescue him. That is embarrassing, but no government since at least the 1960s has properly funded the military. We are a small nation (35million) living in the second largest country in the world.

All of that to say that Thank God for the USA. Without them I'd be speaking Russian and waiting in breadlines. I just struggle to think of Rangers as SF. More like well trained infantry. Anything above Ranger is world-class elite.

Send some infantry to Camp Wainwright in Alberta, they'll get trained up.

IC B2

H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
Ranger REMF wasn't there, nor were any of the other Obama-appointed puzzies who pressured Gallagher's team to turn on him. They need to STFU!

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by AB2506
Originally Posted by marktheshark

I'm going to ruffle some feathers, so sorry in advance to any Ramgers. I'm a little unsure why the US ARMY considers Rangers special forces. Any Canadian infantryman is trained to roughly the same standards, yet they are not considered SF. Yes the Canadian will take another course to be jump rated, but the other training is on par. We currently have only one SF group which JTF2, roughly equivalent to Delta. I suppose a Canadian Combat Engineer (Sapper) like my cousin could be termed SF. He is jump qualified and dive qualified. All of our military has to do more with less, for instance, JTF2 does not have Little Birds. The twin brother to the Combat Engineer was trained as a sniper. If he was compromised in Afghanistan, he pretty much had to run to safety, no helicopters on standby, more likely Americans would rescue him. That is embarrassing, but no government since at least the 1960s has properly funded the military. We are a small nation (35million) living in the second largest country in the world.

All of that to say that Thank God for the USA. Without them I'd be speaking Russian and waiting in breadlines. I just struggle to think of Rangers as SF. More like well trained infantry. Anything above Ranger is world-class elite.

Send some infantry to Camp Wainwright in Alberta, they'll get trained up.

Omit camp and fort wainwright then you might be onto something...

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
We pay these guys to kill the enemy, I damn sure don’t care if they pose for trophy pictures as long as they kill the enemy.

As the father of a young Marine I don’t want him to hesitate because he’s worried about the politically correct assessment of war before he can return fire. I’d join him in pissing on their dead corpses.....

Unfortunately even retired 1st Sgt have been brainwashed by the politically correct training that’s apparently replaced or reduced the time once spent learning how to kill. We’re reaping what has been sown since “Tailhook”.

So you would be proud of your son had he killed someone that was already incapacitated and probably near death? I am not brainwashed, just read some of the things he was accused of. Posing with corpses? I could care less, but the other stuff was pretty troubling. Yes he was cleared of the worse, but the fact that his team reported his behavior is enough for me. I refuse to join in on this "group think" that you all are members of. I would rather stick to my upbringings and convictions than compromise them here for the sake of popularity on the fire.

Interesting that you ignore the fact that he was found innocent and focus on what he was accused of. It appears that your "upbringings and convictions" don't include respect for the Constitution or the rights of all Americans. I'm proud to be part of the "group think" that we have a presumption of innocence in this country and are all protected by the Constitution.

He who joyfully marches in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would suffice.

- Albert Einstein
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Guy did 8 tours in the nastiest places on earth, fighting one of the most vicious enemys on the planet. Maybe his team thought he needed to be pulled back. The mental wear and tear on this guy had to be more than most could even comprehend. He was exonerated of all crimes, he faught like hell for our country. Let the man retire with the honor. He deserves it.

Deserve's got nuthin to do with it- Willam H Munny
P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by 12344mag
Originally Posted by Pat85
Originally Posted by Goosey
In the Army we have a few values that we try hard to uphold, one being integrity. I know my view is not popular here

You can say that again!

Originally Posted by NVhntr
I don't see how killing someone who needs killing is doing the wrong thing.

A captured young fighter was being treated by a medic. According to two SEAL witnesses, Gallagher said over the radio "he's mine" and walked up to the medic and prisoner, and without saying a word killed the prisoner by stabbing him repeatedly with his hunting knife.

Another accusation was that Gallagher's sniper work during his 2017 deployment became indiscriminate, reckless, and bloodthirsty. He allegedly fired his rifle far more frequently than other snipers; according to testimony, the other snipers in the platoon did not consider him a good sniper, and he took "random shots" into buildings. Other snipers said they witnessed Gallagher taking at least two militarily pointless shots, shooting and killing an unarmed old man in a white robe as well as a young girl walking with other girls. Gallagher also was reportedly known for indiscriminately spraying neighborhoods with rockets and machine gun fire with no known enemy force in the region.

Convention with respect to the Laws and Customs of War on Land

This voluminous convention contains the laws to be used in all wars on land between signatories. It specifies the treatment of prisoners of war, includes the provisions of the Geneva Convention of 1864 for the treatment of the wounded, and forbids the use of poisons, the killing of enemy combatants who have surrendered, looting of a town or place, and the attack or bombardment of undefended towns or habitations. Inhabitants of occupied territories may not be forced into military service against their own country and collective punishment is forbidden. The section was ratified by all major powers mentioned above.

And yet he was cleared of all this at his trial.

Good Lord! those are facts man!

Facts don't mean anything to a scum sucking Liberal Schit head.

One doesn't have to look no further than this current impeachment inquiry to figure that out.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
75th are the US militaries elite Infantry strategic level shock force , but here [photo] we have Ranger sniper working with 160th SOAR Afghanistan
on objectives including AVI...a task they share with Delta.

Whereas Green Berets will be assigned to a CIF Company to undergo the Special Forces Advanced Reconnaissance, Target Analysis,
and Exploitation Techniques Course ,(SFARTAETC). Rangers also do that, but do it in-house.
Rangers train their privates to do the same breaching, room clearing, and sensitive site exploitation techniques that SF reserves
for senior NCOs.

very briefly, SFARTAETC teaches skills including small unit tactics / close quarters combat techniques in urban environments.;
mechanical and explosive breaching, precise target acquisition, high stress tactical shooting methods/techniques, etc.

Attached Images
75th:SOAR..jpg (43.24 KB, 175 downloads)

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I don't recall anybody laying into the hides of these men for what they did in the Pacific Theater:

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=Pacific+war+trophies&t=h_&iar=images&iax=images&ia=images

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Eddie Gallagher is what history calls a warrior. 1Sgt Scooby doo is most likely a pencil pusher remf.

the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded. Robert E Lee
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
M
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
M
In talking with my USMC infantry Nam vet old man about this he brought out a good point i didnt really think about. That is IF Gallagher was doing all the "bad" things mentioned in some stories before the incident, the blame for the incident which he was tried for lays as much on his superiors as much as Gallagher. If they recognized he was gradually going "rogue", they should have pulled him back from front line ops, maybe sent him back stateside for some "cooling off".

M
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by deerstalker
Eddie Gallagher is what history calls a warrior. 1Sgt Scooby doo is most likely a pencil pusher remf.

Agreed!!!

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by Starman
75th are the US militaries elite Infantry strategic level shock force , but here [photo] we have Ranger sniper working with 160th SOAR Afghanistan
on objectives including AVI...a task they share with Delta.

Whereas Green Berets will be assigned to a CIF Company to undergo the Special Forces Advanced Reconnaissance, Target Analysis,
and Exploitation Techniques Course ,(SFARTAETC). Rangers also do that, but do it in-house.
Rangers train their privates to do the same breaching, room clearing, and sensitive site exploitation techniques that SF reserves
for senior NCOs.

very briefly, SFARTAETC teaches skills including small unit tactics / close quarters combat techniques in urban environments.;
mechanical and explosive breaching, precise target acquisition, high stress tactical shooting methods/techniques, etc.

Going to make a slight correction here.

Any Green Beret who goes to a CIF will have gone to SFAERTAETC and maybe SFSC being in a CIF is not a requirement to attend those courses. The CIF guys did have priority when I was in. I knew a quite few guys with that course under that belt and no time in a CIF.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
For those that know what happens when one has a bunch of folks that just want to slide by,they know that they can gang up on one causing their problems.

I would look at their book and see what they have been noted to do or not have done.

My Son has had 9 deployments in places ever since he signed up for Navy SO.

He has known folks that outranked him that were not worth their salt.

A lot were sent to that area from Fleet and did not have the mind set to do anything unconventional in warfare.
In layman's terms they sucked at their jobs.

What Trump did was what was needed to keep the whole team's heart in the game.

It makes one do better to think that they will not be sought out for things that happen in wartime.

Folks that do not understand this make me sick.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by jorgeI

So you would be proud of your son had he killed someone that was already incapacitated and probably near death?.

He was found NOT GUILTY of those charges.....

Rabid dogs rarely change course............

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by Partsman
Originally Posted by dassa
Meanwhile, the real douchbag gets to keep his little badge. This is setting a bad precedence for the military. I say this as a retired Army 1SG who earned my Ranger tab. We tend to refer to them as dirtbags and they can make it into all sorts of places. Only experience with the Navy was 12 days spent on the USS Eisenhower steaming down to Haiti. In the Army we have a few values that we try hard to uphold, one being integrity. I know my view is not popular here and I can care less, but we have service members all over the world trying to do the right thing and when dirtbags get away with doing the wrong thing, it sends a message.

You kind of lose credibility when you refer to a Seal's trident as a "little badge".

Yep another [bleep] outs himself,

FIXT

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
[/quote]

This and the fact that he names a replacement just minutes after Spencer was fired tells me that this was not a !!! sperm !!!of the moment thing.[/quote]
Uh, Freudian slip? whistle

Well, as if we didnt know what you're focused on, Gooshit.

Last edited by jaguartx; 11/25/19.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

660 members (219 Wasp, 1lessdog, 160user, 12344mag, 1beaver_shooter, 1eyedmule, 61 invisible), 2,147 guests, and 1,189 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,835
Posts18,496,745
Members73,979
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.