Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
J
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
J
I stopped at a chain grocer today to get gas in the big parking lot gas depot. I have patronized the grocery at times when only a few items are needed and, on occasion, armed when there.

Today there were several city black and whites with lights flashing pulled up in front of the entrance across the lot.

I got gas and asked the gal in the obligatory gas hut what the excitement had been about. She said matter of factly they had just been robbed.

I'd like to know what you smart guys would do if armed and in line to get stuff checked when an armed dimocrap interrupted your day by stepping in front of you and pulled a gun on a cashier and told her to open her drawers. Uh, cash register drawer, guys.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin

D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
If I had the presence of mind take cover behind my vehicle and roll video on my cell phone. Try to get a good angle on the perp and video the license plate of the get away car or direction of travel if perp was on foot. Call the police. That's their job. My concealed carry handgun is to respond to direct threats against me. Not the population at large.

M
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
If the SOB is pointing at ANYBODY, and I have the chance - he's going down.
Self protection, but also couldn't stand myself if I had the chance, and somebody was killed or hurt.

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
M
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
I keep a model 12 S&W in the office drawer. Our office manager is instructed to just give them the money, unless she feels threatened - then I'll back her 'til Hell freezes over.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
If I got a safe shot and can draw undetected thug is catching a couple 45 golddots. Too many hardworking decent people are getting hurt or killed by some lowlife POS, even when they give them what they want.

IC B2

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

I came within minutes of being in that situation in a armed bank holdup once several years back. It occurred just shortly after I left. And to beat it all, I knew the man who did it and some of his family.

He had went on a bank holdup binge, robbing or attempting to rob a few local branch and small town banks in close succession. One was kind of funny in that instead of going inside he drove up to the drive-thru teller service window, pointed a handgun at the teller inside behind the bullet proof glass and demanded cash.

He was soon caught, convicted and sent to prison.

The robber was an elderly man, his wife had recently died, and he had terminal cancer, so he really didn't have anything to lose. He wound up getting released from prison not long after to go home and die, which he did.

In his situation a bystander with a gun pressed to the back of his head likely may have been a crap shoot as to whether he would've surrendered peacefully or resisted and forced the bystander to pull the trigger.

I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
Originally Posted by dSmith_45
If I had the presence of mind take cover behind my vehicle and roll video on my cell phone. Try to get a good angle on the perp and video the license plate of the get away car or direction of travel if perp was on foot. Call the police. That's their job. My concealed carry handgun is to respond to direct threats against me. Not the population at large.

This.

This is what they taught us in my CCW class. Don't interfere unless you or ouuirs are having their lives threatened.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
Originally Posted by joken2

I came within minutes of being in that situation in a armed bank holdup once several years back. It occurred just shortly after I left. And to beat it all, I knew the man who did it and some of his family.

He had went on a bank holdup binge, robbing or attempting to rob a few local branch and small town banks in close succession. One was kind of funny in that instead of going inside he drove up to the drive-thru teller service window, pointed a handgun at the teller inside behind the bullet proof glass and demanded cash.

He was soon caught, convicted and sent to prison.

The robber was an elderly man, his wife had recently died, and he had terminal cancer, so he really didn't have anything to lose. He wound up getting released from prison not long after to go home and die, which he did.

In his situation a bystander with a gun pressed to the back of his head likely may have been a crap shoot as to whether he would've surrendered peacefully or resisted and forced the bystander to pull the trigger.

Good chance yoou'd be arrested and charged for "excessive force," or the perp's dying throes would loose a round at the teller.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
J
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
J

I thot I mentioned that little "what if" you were standing in the check out line and the perp stepped in FRONT of YOU and pointed a gun at the cashier across the counter from YOU and demanded money?

Details, man, it's the details that get you on those state board license exams.

I Dindo Nuffin
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
I pay at the pump.... so not an issue for me...

on a seperate note... I always lock my car when I get out to fuel it....

My CCW is for me to use to get my azz out of trouble... not to save the general public...

Well... we have come to the point.... where... the parasites are killing the host. It's only a matter of time now.

They only win.... when they cheat.
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by mark shubert
If the SOB is pointing at ANYBODY, and I have the chance - he's going down.
Self protection, but also couldn't stand myself if I had the chance, and somebody was killed or hurt.

That's where I'm at. If I had the chance to help some one out of that spot and didn't and they ended up hurt or dead I wouldn't be able to live with myself. The Turd would get flushed.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I would like to think I would get ready to shoot him if things turned sour, otherwise let him get the cash and go.

Be Polite , Be Professional , but have a plan to kill everybody you meet
-General James Mattis United States Marine Corps

Nothing is darker than a mau mau's moo moo.
M
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
I figure, if they're pointing a gun at somebody, they likely intend to use it. I wouldn't give them a chance, if at all possible.
At that point, things can go south too quickly.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by RichardAustin
I would like to think I would get ready to shoot him if things turned sour, otherwise let him get the cash and go.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

THIS, though tough to say if you weren't there.

I just dread the thought of opening fire in a crowded venue....

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O

this is what I was taught also.

There are 2 rules to success:

1. Never tell everything that you know.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Uh, cash register drawer, guys.

Oh. Never mind.
smile

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by jaguartx

I thot I mentioned that little "what if" you were standing in the check out line and the perp stepped in FRONT of YOU and pointed a gun at the cashier across the counter from YOU and demanded money?

Details, man, it's the details that get you on those state board license exams.

Yea, but these things can be fluid and conditions can change very quickly I'd like to think I just pop him in the back of the head, but drawing from concealment is not fast, and these things can happen so very fast:

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt...new/1/lessons-learned-steep-price#UNREAD

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Ironic this follows the other thread, where a CCH died.
And yet, our keyboard hero's step up.

#1 Keep myself alive. I don't want to die, my family needs me, and
if I get all Rambo and die, it won't help the other people there.

#2 Its just money, not mine, and probably insured.
A robery isn't usually a shooting, why make it one?

#3 I'm not, nor have ever been a cop.
Recent events have changed the historical norm, but
these situations are why we revere cops. Their historical
duty was to step up, putting their life on the line to protect
others and enforce the law. I'm just a civilian.

#4 If someone is in reasonable danger of death or serious bodily
injury (the legal self defense standard for years) then action
is necessary.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
Ironic this follows the other thread, where a CCH died.
And yet, our keyboard hero's step up.

#1 Keep myself alive. I don't want to die, my family needs me, and
if I get all Rambo and die, it won't help the other people there.

#2 Its just money, not mine, and probably insured.
A robery isn't usually a shooting, why make it one?

#3 I'm not, nor have ever been a cop.
Recent events have changed the historical norm, but
these situations are why we revere cops. Their historical
duty was to step up, putting their life on the line to protect
others and enforce the law. I'm just a civilian.

#4 If someone is in reasonable danger of death or serious bodily
injury (the legal self defense standard for years) then action
is necessary.

Yep.

I am MAGA.
J
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by mikieb
I pay at the pump.... so not an issue for me...

on a seperate note... I always lock my car when I get out to fuel it....

My CCW is for me to use to get my azz out of trouble... not to save the general public...

You pay at the pump when you buy groceries? Neat.

I Dindo Nuffin
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

687 members (160user, 10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 10Glocks, 12344mag, 71 invisible), 3,108 guests, and 1,388 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,104
Posts18,483,198
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.