Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
W
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
W
HE there was a spell where he just stopped posting... I am not sure of the length of time, but it was a fair amount... There are 5 or 6 guys on the sight that I really enjoy their posts and the reliable info.. that they offer.. In Mackays instance whether is is varmints or self defense, he gave me very reliable in interesting info.. I am just glad to see him posting on a regular basis... Some of the guys seem to be gone for good, ex. Dober and Shrapnel.. I found both full of valuable info.. and enjoyed hearing what they had to offer...

Molon Labe
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Unless someone has been shot, or clearly is going to be, my gun stays in my pants or out of sight in my hand. Nobody's stuff is worth dying for, including mine, or killing for, with all the attendant BS that follows.

I don't see where that was the case here, just a well-meaning guy who's dead for no good reason. The owner of that pawnshop should've invested in some physical security that would make that kind of robbery a bad bet.

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Ever see the video of the UNARMED guy being chased down the street who ends up being stabbed to death by his pursuer?

Perfect reason to carry.

Don't ask me about my military service or heroic acts...most of it is untrue.

Pronoun: Yes, SIR !
M
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by WyoCoyoteHunter
Mac, great to have you back... You have lots to share and all worth reading.. Thanks..

Thank You Sir, your Kudos are very much appreciated.

THE CHAIR IS AGAINST THE WALL.

The Tikka T3 in .308 Winchester is the Glock 19 of the rifle world.

The website is up and running!

www.lostriverammocompany.com

I
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I
Shooting at them as they run away MIGHT put you in a bad situation, Yikes!

Dick

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Is it shooting skill that’s required or better tactics? The tactic he should have used was just pulling his gun and blasting the bad guys before they realize he was armed.

[Linked Image from ]
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
I've several times needed a gun and it was in my hand like magic. It literally felt like it grew out of my wrist. Scary stuff. You can train yourself so much that it's then too late to do anything but go for it. Witnesses have told me that it was so fast that it looked like a magician's trick, even from under a shirt.

Y
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Y
Originally Posted by ConradCA
Is it shooting skill that’s required or better tactics? The tactic he should have used was just pulling his gun and blasting the bad guys before they realize he was armed.

Shooting skill is good, but doing the right things at the right times is far more important. Too many guys (here, other forums, and random Joe at the range) think banging away at a static target at 10 yards while standing still has them prepared to defend themselves, with no concept or preparation in tactics, mindset, hand to hand stuff, or even just fighting in general. There's a lot more to fighting than just knowing how to shoot (or as a hand to hand analogy- how to throw a single punch).

Last edited by Yondering; 12/06/19.
Y
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Y
Originally Posted by satir
I've several times needed a gun and it was in my hand like magic. It literally felt like it grew out of my wrist. Scary stuff. You can train yourself so much that it's then too late to do anything but go for it. Witnesses have told me that it was so fast that it looked like a magician's trick, even from under a shirt.

Satir, I don't know you or what your background is, so maybe there's more here than you're saying. I'm trying to figure out the point of your post; on the surface it looks like just bragging about your quick draw and missing the point of the thread.

What happened when you drew your gun? Did you shoot? If not, what was the point of this amazing fast draw, and why did you draw before needing to shoot?

It appears the guy in the video drew his gun and waited to see if he needed to shoot somebody. Obviously that didn't go well for him. He had the gun out and pointed before he got shot, so his draw speed wasn't the problem.
The professionals I've trained with and most others "in the know" advocate not drawing until you are prepared to shoot; i.e. if the gun comes out of the holster it's going to start firing as soon as it's on target. Don't pull the gun as a threat. A good way I've heard this said is that the other guy shouldn't know I'm carrying a gun until he sees the muzzle flashes.

Seems to me that kind of mindset is worth a lot more in a fight than a magic fast draw trick from a guy who's not commited to pulling the trigger before the draw.

Last edited by Yondering; 12/06/19.
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Originally Posted by Girlhunter
I carry a handgun to protect myself and my family. If all others did the same, life would be groovy

I stand with this. Point being, I'll protect myself and my family, you protect yourself and your family. That's what EVERYONE needs to do.

If everyone took personal responsibility for themselves and family, the world would be a much better place.

'If you say the parent you were most afraid when you were a kid was your dad, you grew up in the city.'
IC B3

M
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by Yondering
Originally Posted by satir

Satir, I don't know you or what your background is, so maybe there's more here than you're saying. I'm trying to figure out the point of your post; on the surface it looks like just bragging about your quick draw and missing the point of the thread.

What happened when you drew your gun? Did you shoot? If not, what was the point of this amazing fast draw, and why did you draw before needing to shoot?

It appears the guy in the video drew his gun and waited to see if he needed to shoot somebody. Obviously that didn't go well for him. He had the gun out and pointed before he got shot, so his draw speed wasn't the problem.
The professionals I've trained with and most others "in the know" advocate not drawing until you are prepared to shoot; i.e. if the gun comes out of the holster it's going to start firing as soon as it's on target. Don't pull the gun as a threat. A good way I've heard this said is that the other guy shouldn't know I'm carrying a gun until he sees the muzzle flashes.

Seems to me that kind of mindset is worth a lot more in a fight than a magic fast draw trick from a guy who's not commited to pulling the trigger before the draw.

Yondering's observations bear repeating, especially the part in bold.

THE CHAIR IS AGAINST THE WALL.

The Tikka T3 in .308 Winchester is the Glock 19 of the rifle world.

The website is up and running!

www.lostriverammocompany.com

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

138 members (44mc, 2500HD, 10gaugemag, 35, 69sportfury, 15 invisible), 1,580 guests, and 945 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,119
Posts18,483,520
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.