Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Tyrone Online Content OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
https://www.gatestoneinstitute.org/15218/marijuana-impact

Great article but the comment section is even better!

I predict that people will one day wake up like the Chinese woke up about opium. They are gonna be pissed when they do! Legalized pot is just another step down the road to serfdom.

Politics is War by Other Means

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
I'm totally against cannibis legalisation - it's an addictive drug plus we have plenty of lazy shiftless people laying around already .

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by ol_mike
I'm totally against cannibis legalisation - it's an addictive drug plus we have plenty of lazy shiftless people laying around already .

Alcohol is worse.

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Land of the free...

Oh wait, no its not...

W
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
W
It's legal here now, and I'll admit that I partake a couple times a month.

My biggest issue with it is this:

In the former Soviet Union everything was in short supply except vodka. And vodka was comparatively cheap. The premise really being that if you keep people drunk enough, they really don't give a crap how badly you're screwing them (or it's simply a method of coping with the screwing).

I look at marijuana the same way. It's really just the modern iteration of "bread and circuses" from Roman times: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bread_and_circuses

IC B2

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Malignant...

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
I'm totally against cannibis legalisation - it's an addictive drug plus we have plenty of lazy shiftless DIMOCRAPS laying around already .

FIXT

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Cannabis legislation has sure trashed Colorado people. Denver is looking like San Francisco. Even the people are like California too.

Last edited by mtnsnake; 11/28/19.
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
like alcohol, it is fine as long as it doesn't become a lifestyle. if it does, it usually is masking an underlying psychological problem that the individual is trying to self medicate. booze and its effects are a lot worse IMO. the biggest issue i see with it is that it is more likely to be abused by teens in their formative years when they are usually naturally having psychological issues due to adolescence, etc. it will seriously stunt a young persons mental growth.

My diploma is a DD214
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine

Alcohol is worse.

Originally Posted by Orion2000
Malignant...

I guess for some it might be addictive....same with alcohol....but if we're gonna start talking about addiction and what is worse long term, along with being the hardest substance to quit, we need to look at cigarettes.....

IC B3

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A

Alcohol is worse.

And outlawing Alcohol was worse than legalizing it.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Middlefork_Miner

Alcohol is worse.

Originally Posted by Orion2000
Malignant...

I guess for some it might be addictive....same with alcohol....but if we're gonna start talking about addiction and what is worse long term, along with being the hardest substance to quit, we need to look at cigarettes.....

And sex, and video games, and internet forums.....

Last edited by antelope_sniper; 11/28/19.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by mtnsnake
Cannabis legislation has sure trashed Colorado people. Denver is looking like San Francisco. Even the people are like California too.

Snake,

That has more to do with liberals than the legalization of weed.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
Nicotine, alcohol, and caffeine- - - - - -do we really need another addictive substance to add to the harm those chemicals do? Alcohol alone puts a huge strain on our society when the costs of dealing with health problems, DUI enforcement, domestic violence, and all the other associated problems with alcohol abuse are factored in. Then there's the long-documented risks of tobacco- - - -cancer and other health issues. Let's add another unknown to the equation that might take decades of fact-gathering to assess the actual downsides? Sounds like a fool's mission to me!
Jerry

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Don't know how this post got on this thread , but apologjze for it , Kenneth

Last edited by Kenneth66; 11/28/19.
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Hotrod_Lincoln
Nicotine, alcohol, and caffeine- - - - - -do we really need another addictive substance to add to the harm those chemicals do? Alcohol alone puts a huge strain on our society when the costs of dealing with health problems, DUI enforcement, domestic violence, and all the other associated problems with alcohol abuse are factored in. Then there's the long-documented risks of tobacco- - - -cancer and other health issues. Let's add another unknown to the equation that might take decades of fact-gathering to assess the actual downsides? Sounds like a fool's mission to me!
Jerry

Jerry,
You are not "adding it", it's already out there. Do you like finding Mexican Drug Cartels?

Tyrone Online Content OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
The major difference between alcohol and weed is that alcohol is a food.

I find the arguments that "making pot illegal hasn't stopped people from using it" to be very weak. Murder is illegal yet read today's news. People seem to think that legalizing pot will result in less Govt. Again, that is not proving so. Give it 10 or 20 years and it will prove even less so. Govt will be even more invasive cleaning up the trash from pot. The mental illness, the drugged while working & driving. For instance, now if you are drunk and have an accident at work, Worker's Comp isn't supposed to cover you. But just wait for the outcry when working doped becomes so ubiquitous that nearly everyone who has an accident tests positive for dope of some sort.

Man, having an accident while doped will become a slacker's industry!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Some of you must be reading fairy tails saying pot is addictive,,, proof propaganda works

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Tyrone

Hemp seeds can be purchased for salads etc.

Hemp is a plant grown in the northern hemisphere that takes about 3-4 months to mature. Hemp seeds can be consumed or used to produce a variety of food products including hemp milk, hemp oil, hemp cheese substitutes and hemp-based protein powder.
Hemp seeds have a mild, nutty flavor. Hemp milk is made from hulled hemp seeds, water, and sweetener. Hemp oil has a strong "grassy" flavor

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/308044.php

Tyrone Online Content OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 700LH
Originally Posted by Tyrone

Hemp seeds can be purchased for salads etc.
That has nothing to do with ingesting THC.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

495 members (219DW, 2500HD, 12344mag, 1Longbow, 204guy, 257Bob, 61 invisible), 2,576 guests, and 1,286 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,297
Posts18,487,051
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.