Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Hemp seeds are better than walnuts nutritionally, and walnuts are pretty good. Hemp seeds have higher protein and Omega-3 content.

But hemp is not marijuana. And calling alcohol a food is ridiculous.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by 700LH
Some of you must be reading fairy tails saying pot is addictive,,, proof propaganda works

sure its not... I know at least a dozen people here, since it was legalized, that stay stoned, 24/7... no longer have a job, and live off of welfare....
but still have money to stay stoned all day, every day.. their only activity is watching TV or playing video games... and welfare gives them a financial base to get by on
therefore supporting their new life style...

they are even too damn lazy to grow their own... preferring to even let someone else do that for them...

they drive around in their beater cars, no insurance on it, expired plates...
then when they get pulled over and locked up they are crying what a victim they are...

yeah, its neither addictive or a drain on society.. that is just an old wife's tale...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

X
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
X
Every potentially mind altering substance should be banned! The government should make laws banning any substance deemed nonessential, as determined by government formed committee, and then introduce the death penalty for anyone caught with these substances. Imagine how much better society would be if there were no more drunks around,nobody on drugs, nobody smelling of cigarettes and leaving butts around?

Also,one of the biggest drains on healthcare is obesity. The government should ban any foods deemed non beneficial, especially high sugar foods. There really is no need for soft drinks, pastries and donuts, cake,pie etc. People clearly can't be trusted to control themselves with these products and therefore it only makes sense for the government to step in and protect the people from this threat. Isn't that the government's job,after all? Grocery stores could be given quota as to how much meat could be sold per week too, to make sure everyone is eating more vegetables.

Simple, effective ideas that any true, liberty loving conservative should embrace. Only a damn commie lieberal demoncrap would oppose these measures that would so obviously be of immense benefit to society. Somebody ought to start a petition.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Seafire
Some of you must be reading fairy tails saying pot is addictive,,, proof propaganda works

sure its not... I know at least a dozen people here, since it was legalized, that stay stoned, 24/7... no longer have a job, and live off of welfare....
but still have money to stay stoned all day, every day.. their only activity is watching TV or playing video games... and welfare gives them a financial base to get by on

they are even too damn lazy to grow their own... preferring to even let someone else do that for them...

then when they get pulled over and locked up they are crying what a victim they are...

yeah, its neither addictive or a drain on society.. that is just an old wife's tale...

It's the people not the plant so much.
If pot didn't exist those same people would be using something else to stay stoned on.
Oh, and the crime associated is all about the money because of gooberment law..
I don't expect anyone to believe that that can't see it already, they are all far to indoctrinated.

Tyrone Online Content OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by smokepole
And calling alcohol a food is ridiculous.
Well, no.
https://onepeterfive.com/beer-pot-catholics-oppose-marijuana/

Politics is War by Other Means
IC B2

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
People are starving in Africa. What to do, send a few C-130s loaded with vodka?

I hear they serve a mean Manahttan down at the homeless shelter too. You know, for people without enough food to eat.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by xxclaro
Every potentially mind altering substance should be banned! The government should make laws banning any substance deemed nonessential, as determined by government formed committee, and then introduce the death penalty for anyone caught with these substances. Imagine how much better society would be if there were no more drunks around,nobody on drugs, nobody smelling of cigarettes and leaving butts around?

Also,one of the biggest drains on healthcare is obesity. The government should ban any foods deemed non beneficial, especially high sugar foods. There really is no need for soft drinks, pastries and donuts, cake,pie etc. People clearly can't be trusted to control themselves with these products and therefore it only makes sense for the government to step in and protect the people from this threat. Isn't that the government's job,after all? Grocery stores could be given quota as to how much meat could be sold per week too, to make sure everyone is eating more vegetables.

Simple, effective ideas that any true, liberty loving conservative should embrace. Only a damn commie lieberal demoncrap would oppose these measures that would so obviously be of immense benefit to society. Somebody ought to start a petition.

Excellent post.

Tyrone Online Content OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
People are starving in Africa. What to do, send a few C-130s loaded with vodka?

I hear they serve a mean Manahttan down at the homeless shelter too. You know, for people without enough food to eat.
It wasn't that long ago when that basically happened. Before refrigeration, the grape trade was almost entirely in wine. Grains were easier to ship and more shelf-stable so less of them were converted into beer, but a significant portion were converted to make shipping easier.

I think you should read the article. Just because something isn't at the base of a dietary pyramid doesn't mean it isn't food. We probably aren't sending them sacks of sugar either or even dried fish. And I guarantee we aren't sending them raw hamburger.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Beer does not equal alcohol. Most beer is around 5% alcohol, and it's loaded with other carbohydrates.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Seafire

It's the people not the plant so much.
If pot didn't exist those same people would be using something else to stay stoned on.
Oh, and the crime associated is all about the money because of gooberment law..
I don't expect anyone to believe that that can't see it already, they are all far to indoctrinated.

uhhh. Sure.....

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Many cannabis users are strongly habituated but quite a few of these individuals function well despite their altered mental state.
The main problem is that the drug is promoted (and perceived by many) as being harmless and universally beneficial.
Comparisons with alcohol are flawed because cannabis alters perception more fundamentally.

Last edited by night_owl; 11/28/19.

abusus non tollit usum
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
The libertarian in me says it should be legal because it’s none of the governments business what someone puts in their body. I think that it won’t prove to be a positive for society though. I don’t believe for a second that it’s less harmful than alcohol or cigarettes, that’s just the ones that partake trying to justify it. A look around me shows plenty of people that drink and or smoke and are high achievers. All the marijuana smokers I know are pretty shiftless. Of course that’s a generalization and someone’s going to point out an Elon Musk but I’m just going by the ones I know. I don’t believe alcohol to be as debilitating of your facilities beyond the first few hours.

I think in the end it’s going to result in more of the types that Seafire describes and Lord knows we have enough of them already. I don’t care what they do as long as I don’t have to pay for their welfare but history proves that’s what’s likely to happen.

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
I've yet to meet a person who functioned better on dope that without it.

Keep all the addictive crap out of your system and the world will be a better place--that doesn't seem like too hard of concept to grasp.

At base level, do you want to be a free moral agent, or do you want to be controlled by a substance and one which the govt will always have a hand in?

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by DakotaDeer

At base level, do you want to be a free moral agent, or do you want to be controlled by a substance and one which the govt will always have a hand in?

I get what you're saying, and I agree. But I think you framed the question wrong, here's how I'd put it: At base level, do you want to be controlled by your own free will, or the restrictions placed on you by your federal government?

Tyrone Online Content OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I get what you're saying, and I agree. But I think you framed the question wrong, here's how I'd put it: At base level, do you want to be controlled by your own free will, or the restrictions placed on you by your federal government?
And that's why the West will continue it's slide into the abyss - because stupid people will choose to be stoned and call it "freedom".

Eventually, we'll be taken over by a group that will make Mao look like a piker.

U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
It seems like an awfully lot of people who are against weed legalization drink more than the national average (to be polite about it). I think that they just want to have another group of people who they can look down on. I like how so many worry about all the stoned drivers if it was legalized...first--they're already out there and second--it would still be illegal, just like drunk driving is.

U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
Originally Posted by Tyrone

Eventually, we'll be taken over by a group that will make Mao look like a piker.
Would that be people like YOU?

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by UPhiker

You don't even make sense - quit smoking thatschitt ya hippie , and don't say you don't .

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by ol_mike
Originally Posted by UPhiker

You don't even make sense - quit smoking thatschitt ya hippie , and don't say you don't .

Evil can emerge from both ends of the political spectrum.

During WWII, the Eastern Front was where those two extremes fought each other.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
And that's why the West will continue it's slide into the abyss - because stupid people will choose to be stoned and call it "freedom".

In other words, you're all for the federal government telling you what you can and cannot do. Got it. If stupid people choose to be stoned, what business is it of yours what they call it?

Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

536 members (1Longbow, 219 Wasp, 204guy, 1OntarioJim, 06hunter59, 12344mag, 64 invisible), 2,388 guests, and 1,228 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,303
Posts18,487,114
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.