Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
I can advocate for the Burris Fullfield II 3-9x40. My rifle took a hard fall this season and landed directly on the scope. The rifle hit so hard that I was expecting the lenses to be broken. What I found was a flat spot on the knurled elevation cap and a dent on the tube approximately 1 inch in front of the elevation turret.

The scope still tracks like it always has, which is very reliable. The rifle grouping was not affected. The POI did shift down approximately 1/2", that was verified with 5 shot groups. I would have probably not noticed a difference with a single shot.

GB1

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Some Burris scopes use to have an actual zero lock, don't know if any still do.

Phil

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
The SWFA are a bit heavier, but in reality, you are only talking a few ounces. They are totally reliable and inexpensive. If you do not like the turrets, then sight it in, remove them and replace them with rubber caps. I have used them for several years and never felt like the turrets are a problem. If you think that you will bump them off zero, you can sight it in and then tape them, too. I will take them hands-down, over the more expensive leupolds, vortex etc.

You did not "seen" anything, you "saw" it.
A "creek" has water in it, a "crick" is what you get in your neck.
Liberals with guns are nothing but hypocrites.
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Holding zero is a must but I also want a scope to be true to its adjustments and know I can trust it.

I tend to swap scopes and hate to find out that it will not adjust properly like a lot of scopes I have owned.

Just because it has not changed zero does mean its adjustments will track.

That's when you find out if a scope is working correctly.

Had the worst luck with certain models of Leupolds, even after they came back from the Leupold repair facility.

kk alaska

Alaska 7 months of winter then 5 months of tourists
M
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by sbhooper
The SWFA are a bit heavier, but in reality, you are only talking a few ounces. They are totally reliable and inexpensive. If you do not like the turrets, then sight it in, remove them and replace them with rubber caps. I have used them for several years and never felt like the turrets are a problem. If you think that you will bump them off zero, you can sight it in and then tape them, too. I will take them hands-down, over the more expensive leupolds, vortex etc.

Well I hope the 6x42 SWFA's are as good as they say, because I just bought one. You're right that it's only a few ounces, and it's worth it for reliability I can count on. $199 for the Mil Quad is pretty unbeatable.

IC B2

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

602 members (12344mag, 160user, 10gaugemag, 10ring1, 01Foreman400, 1beaver_shooter, 65 invisible), 2,395 guests, and 1,258 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,269
Posts18,486,588
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.