Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine

The screening advice this young lady provides .... and also as provided by the American Urological Society... and as provided by this “task force” is .... in my opinion.... absolutely wrong.... as in .... wrong .... period, end of discussion.

I had had the psa screening and it picked up increasing numbers. I had a biopsy done and was shocked that at an age..... younger by a number years to the age this young lady was referencing..... shocked .... when the doc called and told me the biopsy showed I had prostate cancer and that it was.... his words...”the killing kind.” The cancer would have killed me before I would have reached the “guideline age.”

I had a business associate that was screened and then diagnosed at age 45. He had no idea there was anything wrong and his cancer was advanced. He got treatment and survived many more years. Similar story with an engineer I knew....in his late forties when a psa screening caught it. He still lives and would have likely suffered and died with it had he not had the screening.

I wonder if this guideline recommendation is driven by “medical treatment economics.” I would wonder if the expected “total lifetime treatment cost” for the insuring entity is less...overall.... if men don’t get screened until later in life? Like they say, “follow the money.”

FWIW..... my advice is that men over forty should have annual psa testing done.... either to provide a psa level history or to catch the early onset of prostate cancer.

Add: a number of years ago, My wife and I visited with a man.... mid fifties ....who was dying in the final stage of prostate cancer...she asked him if his physicals had picked it up.... he replied that he never had any sort of comprehensive physical....

The tax collector said: “Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner.” Jesus said he went home “justified.”

S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S
From what I’ve heard and seen, the only downside to having your prostate removed is you may encounter erectile disfunction. F*** at 81 who gives a [bleep] about sex when you have 3-4months of hunting and 7 months of fishing and golf to play.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
hang in there, sir! prayers sent from VA!

H
Hubert Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
H
To all those concerned.. I went to the cancer treatment center in Philadelphia. They spent two days testing me , and found that there was a minimum of spread. and if nothing was done I would live for about Two more years. If they started a treatment program I could go for 5 to 10 more years because they said I was in good health for my age . they said I was more like a healthy 62 year old than an 82 year old.. I took several stress tests and passed them all.. so I am beginning my treatments today . It consists of pills for 30 days with shots beginning 2 weeks after I start my pills. the pills are to help me tolerate the shots . if all is ok the pill will stop and I will only have to get the shots.. the shots can be monthly or every two months, or any multiple of months, depending on what can be tolerated by me.. I will keep you all posted if you like.. I will answer any questions you want, just ask.. yes I can still have sex and some 81-- 82 year olds are still interested in the ladies.

D
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
D
Good luck Hubert, sounds to me like you’ll make much more than five years.

NRA Patron
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Good deal. Glad you didn't just pack it in and decide not to do anything.

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
Good news, keep up the good fight!

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Great news Sir,,,
Best of luck thru this.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
well it won't stay 'pain free' for long. You may well change your mind about treatment. Hope you get this taken care of.

Sam......

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Right on Sir.
Merry Christmas!

Me solum relinquatis

Molon Labe
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I'm glad you posted, I've been wondering about you.

Good for you on deciding to kick cancers ass.

I wish you the best of luck and will keep you in my prayers.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

556 members (1minute, 1badf350, 1936M71, 1beaver_shooter, 007FJ, 10Glocks, 48 invisible), 2,271 guests, and 1,207 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,036
Posts18,500,707
Members73,987
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.