Hop To
Page 5 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 15
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by fredIII
Originally Posted by Walter_Sobchak
Ss 3-15 for $400 vs bushy LRTS from Doug for my CTR 6.5...decisions, decisions....

That’s an easy choice call Doug.

I’d go LRHS over the 3-15... but on a hunting rig, the 3-9 is easily the best choice there.

You better pray to the God of Skinny Punks that this wind doesn't pick up......
GB1

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by Dogshooter
Ss 3-15 for $400 vs bushy LRTS from Doug for my CTR 6.5...decisions, decisions....

I’d go LRHS over the 3-15... but on a hunting rig, the 3-9 is easily the best choice there.

No zero stop I’m not interested. Get to excited to worry about finding zero in the heat of a good deer chase.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
went ahead and got a 5-20 on the way here. When it shows up, I'll send the XRTII back to burris to get fixed

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J

No zero stop I’m not interested. Get to excited to worry about finding zero in the heat of a good deer chase.

There are scope specific shims available for the fixed Xs and each variable, and they ain’t water hose gaskets. Even you could make them work Furd....grin...

With that being said.... the 3-15 is my least favorite of the variable power SWFAs. I’ve been running another one the last 3-4 weeks on the 6.5 PRC and while it’s performed with ZERO issues it doesn’t offer up what I can get in the SHV, LRHS, or ATACR in similar Xs. The SWFA just loses me at 11/12 power...granted it’s less coin.

3-9 is a PEACH.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
All this damn praise for the 3-9 cost me $450..... thanks bastids... smile

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
IC B2

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
I'll buy all the 3-15's for cheap if any of you guys wanna sell..grin ..

- Greg

Success is found at the intersection of planning, hard work, and stubbornness.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I liked Greg’s 3–15 , I’ve used a lot of scopes in a lot of shiit conditions and and never failed to kill due to glass quality

Ping pong balls for the win.
Once you've wrestled everything else in life is easy. Dan Gable
I keep my circle small, I’d rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by GregW

All this rifle and scope talk, I think folks need to know about your brothers rifle/scope combo!! Haha 🤣🤣

Ain’t easy havin pals.
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by joshf303

There are scope specific shims available for the fixed Xs and each variable, and they ain’t water hose gaskets. Even you could make them work Furd....grin...

With that being said.... the 3-15 is my least favorite of the variable power SWFAs. I’ve been running another one the last 3-4 weeks on the 6.5 PRC and while it’s performed with ZERO issues it doesn’t offer up what I can get in the SHV, LRHS, or ATACR in similar Xs. The SWFA just loses me at 11/12 power...granted it’s less coin.

3-9 is a PEACH.

I have a 3-9 on said rifle right now,, am considering whether I need (want) something with more Xs to use for fun next spring. $400 is pretty dang cheap for an SS 3-15 ffp.

But last time I tried the 3-15 I did have brass deflection Off the windage knob problems on a tikka with low mounts, so not sold on one just yet
I like the 3-9 quite a bit, especially for $450.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by David_Walter
I’m looking for a 1-6 HD in the BF sale. I hope they are included.

Did you have any difficulty getting accustomed to that reticle?

There are 2 rules to success:

1. Never tell everything that you know.
IC B3

I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
Thanks for the heads-up. I got a Leupold VX-3i cds 3.5-10x40 coming.

Yes, I purchased a 10X SS mil-quad a few years ago. It is mounted on a Ruger Mk II with a 26 inch heavy Kreiger in 260 loaded with 123 Sierra MK.

It is okay, decent optics, heavy as hell on a tank of a rifle. But I have never done anything with it yet, that I could not have done with my first old Weaver V7.

But now, I have to figure out what I want to buy for to mount the new Leupie upon. Perhaps I can score an old Kimber Montana in 260. Or find another 700 SA ADL donor.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
I liked Greg’s 3–15 , I’ve used a lot of scopes in a lot of shiit conditions and and never failed to kill due to glass quality

I’m not so lucky had several bulls slip away due to glass not being able to catch the third point and knowing that their were several spikes in the group.

Also had a bobcat come in to a call one evening. I could clearly see it with my am Swarovski el’s, but when I went to the Leupold rifleman on the 223. I could not find that cat no how no way. Back to the binos there he is, then to the rifle and nope, notta. then dark sat in and I learned a thing or to as I walked the two miles back to the truck. Bought the best glass I could afford every sense.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Greg W talks so high of the meopta binos, I’m gonna give a meopta scope a try.

Last edited by fredIII; 11/29/19.
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by GregW

What do you call cheap I have two that I’d let go.
Hell you buy a 3-9 SS hd and a hundred pieces of Lapua 7-08 brass and ship it to my house and I will send you both of the 3-15’s I have they are moa moa SF and used but completely serviceable. Just not pretty.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
With the Swfa sale that’s less than 300$ each.
😉😉😎🤜🏻🤜🏻🤜🏻🤜🏻🤜🏻🤜🏻

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I’ve ran meopta for a couple years from Greg’s recommendation, from a 20+ year Swarovski user, and I love em... and for my eyes, I liked Swaro better than lieca or ziess...

Lotsa a Varmint, coyotes and coons killed with cheap glass over the years by shep and I, bobcats included, and it used to be our hobby.. different strokes for different folks, but glass quality in a scope is my last concern... holding zero and shiit gettin ghosted is my first.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
I’ve ran meopta for a couple years from Greg’s recommendation, from a 20+ year Swarovski user, and I love em... and for my eyes, I liked Swaro better than lieca or ziess...

Lotsa a Varmint, coyotes and coons killed with cheap glass over the years by shep and I, bobcats included, and it used to be our hobby.. different strokes for different folks, but glass quality in a scope is my last concern... holding zero and shiit gettin ghosted is my first.

Ya different strokes. as I can’t get a Leupold to hold zero for fûck and you Jman have won the Leupold lottery so many times I and thinking about having you purchase all my scopes for me.
But you also draw tags like you have a leprechaun in your front pocket.

Last edited by fredIII; 11/29/19.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I wish I could draw waaaay more, goat and sheep come to mind!!! 🤣🤣

I’ve also been buying and applying for a long time.... oryx in New Mexico first year I applied pissed alotta folks off !!! Haha

Been huntin Idaho for 20 years, fuuckers have never showed me any love!!! I’m due!!!

Ain’t easy havin pals.
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
I wish I could draw waaaay more, goat and sheep come to mind!!! 🤣🤣

I’ve also been buying and applying for a long time.... oryx in New Mexico first year I applied pissed alotta folks off !!! Haha

Been huntin Idaho for 20 years, fuuckers have never showed me any love!!! I’m due!!!

I’m praying for a sheep before I’m to old to hike

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
I have a 3-9 on said rifle right now,, am considering whether I need (want) something with more Xs to use for fun next spring. $400 is pretty dang cheap for an SS 3-15 ffp.

But last time I tried the 3-15 I did have brass deflection Off the windage knob problems on a tikka with low mounts, so not sold on one just yet
I like the 3-9 quite a bit, especially for $450.

$999.00 is a heckuva deal on the SS 5-20x50 HD illuminated reticle.

Page 5 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 15

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

80 members (7mm_Loco, 10gaugemag, Akhutr, 300_savage, 15 invisible), 1,495 guests, and 930 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,747
Posts18,495,214
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.