20+ years without my OIL.

Originally Posted by Judman
oryx in New Mexico first year I applied pissed alotta folks off !!! Haha

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by fredIII
like you have a leprechaun in your front pocket.

Nah, he's just glad to see you.....grin

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Judman
I wish I could draw waaaay more, goat and sheep come to mind!!! 🤣🤣

I’ve also been buying and applying for a long time.... oryx in New Mexico first year I applied pissed alotta folks off !!! Haha

Been huntin Idaho for 20 years, fuuckers have never showed me any love!!! I’m due!!!

Dayum? 20 years?

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by huntsman22
like you have a leprechaun in your front pocket.

Nah, he's just glad to see you.....grin

Knew that was coming 😂😂🤣. Guess rubbing his belly for luck makes it my fault. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤜🏻

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by GregW
I'll buy all the 3-15's for cheap if any of you guys wanna sell..grin ..

What do you call cheap I have two that I’d let go.
Hell you buy a 3-9 SS hd and a hundred pieces of Lapua 7-08 brass and ship it to my house and I will send you both of the 3-15’s I have they are moa moa SF and used but completely serviceable. Just not pretty.

Greg passed anyone need two 3-15 classics, for the same deal.
MOA moa sf. Used!

IC B2

S
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
S
Ah hell..............

Ordered a couple set of crappy 30mm Talley's for the Fieldcrafts and crap lousy SWFA 3-9x.

Having never looked through the 3-9x SWFA, I'll be reporting my drivel as compared directly to the bushy LRTS 3-12x models I have.

Hope the glass is much better than a fixed SWFA, doubt it will be, but for $449 I'm willing to try and I'll bet in 6 months I can "make money" on the unused scope if the glass sucks as bad as I think it's gonna.

After I compare optics on "the tripod", I may have to send it down to Utah for a full on "playground performance perspective" before I decide if it's worthy of mounting crazy

Last edited by screaminweasil; 11/30/19.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by screaminweasil
Ah hell..............

Ordered a couple set of crappy 30mm Talley's for the Fieldcrafts and crap lousy SWFA 3-9x.

Having never looked through the 3-9x SWFA, I'll be reporting my drivel as compared directly to the bushy LRTS 3-12x models I have.

Hope the glass is much better than a fixed SWFA, doubt it will be, but for $449 I'm willing to try and I'll bet in 6 months I can "make money" on the unused scope if the glass sucks as bad as I think it's gonna.

After I compare optics on "the tripod", I may have to send it down to Utah for a full on "playground performance perspective" before I decide if it's worthy of mounting crazy

Since you think it is so bad, why buy it? I think the glass in the SWFA scopes is pretty darn good. They aren't binoculars.

You did not "seen" anything, you "saw" it.
A "creek" has water in it, a "crick" is what you get in your neck.
Liberals with guns are nothing but hypocrites.
D
djb Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I already have a 6X, 10X, and 3-9. Some talk about how much better the 3-9 glass is but I don't think it is THAT much better. The 6X and 10 X are absolute steals at $199. I do wish the cross hairs were a bit heavier on all the scopes.

Going to order either another 3-9 or maybe try the 2-10 Ultralight. I just wish I could see it in person to see how the eye box is if the eye relief is an issue for me.

BTW, can anyone explain why the SWFA scopes are all designed with such a long eye piece? Seems the scopes could be much trimmer/shorter unless this portion is the reason for their strength.

The truth angers those whom it does not convince
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Ah hell..............

Send me your addy. I’ll send you a couple of these and you can run your own test - and forego the scope’s trip to Utah.

Last edited by AKwolverine; 11/30/19. Reason: Img
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by AKwolverine
[quote=screaminweasil]Ah hell..............

Send me your addy. I’ll send you a couple of these and you can run your own test - and forego the scope’s trip to Utah.

https://www

.123rf.com/photo_19047247_toy-construction-tools-vise-green-and-yellow.html[/quote

Holy shït that’s funny

IC B3

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F

[/quote]

Since you think it is so bad, why buy it? I think the glass in the SWFA scopes is pretty darn good. They aren't binoculars.[/quote]

? What binos do you run that are better than SS classic glass.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F

Since you think it is so bad, why buy it? I think the glass in the SWFA scopes is pretty darn good. They aren't binoculars.[/quote]

? What binos do you run that are better than SS classic glass. [/quote]

Correct answer would be any! Any thing even the blister pack Bushnell’s are better. 😉

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Originally Posted by djb
I already have a 6X, 10X, and 3-9. Some talk about how much better the 3-9 glass is but I don't think it is THAT much better. The 6X and 10 X are absolute steals at $199. I do wish the cross hairs were a bit heavier on all the scopes.

Going to order either another 3-9 or maybe try the 2-10 Ultralight. I just wish I could see it in person to see how the eye box is if the eye relief is an issue for me.

BTW, can anyone explain why the SWFA scopes are all designed with such a long eye piece? Seems the scopes could be much trimmer/shorter unless this portion is the reason for their strength.

a lot of that has to do with the parallax adjustment being in the "back" of the scope rather than the front

this also cuts manufacturing costs considerably

Most people don't have what it takes to get old
Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
We need tresmon to do a sticky called “How to quote others so they can understand what the fugg you’re talking about.”

Maybe do it in four seperate installments....

🤪

Screw you! I'm voting for Trump again!

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the 24HCF.
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Lol👍

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by Higbean
We need tresmon to do a sticky called “How to quote others so they can understand what the fugg you’re talking about.”

🤪

Sorry was distracted between wrestling matches and hurrying.

You can call me FRUD

Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
[quote=fredIIWe need tresmon to do a sticky called “How to quote others so they can understand what the fugg you’re talking about.”

🤪[/quot

Sorry was distracted between wrestling matches and hurrying.

You can call me FRUD [/quote]

Hahaha!

Wanna buy some Whites boots?

💩💩💩

Screw you! I'm voting for Trump again!

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the 24HCF.
S
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by AKwolverine
Ah hell..............

Haha........

S
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by sbhooper
Ah hell..............

Since you think it is so bad, why buy it? I think the glass in the SWFA scopes is pretty darn good. They aren't binoculars.

Because for two years now I've heard how much better the glass is in the "hd" 3-9x vs the fixed fuggers. Also, because I can. Also, because I'll make money when I sell it.

Also, because it's going on a "medium" to "long range" bad weather deer rifle......AKA Barrett Fieldcraft 1-7 Twist 243 and the scope has been proven to be "bomb proof".

If the glass is 1/3 Better than the fixed 6x I still have, I'll probably keep it.

Mostly, out of curiosity is why I bought it. I like to actually experience and use things for myself, which is why I often laugh when others say this scope is more clear than that one. Or this one tracks and this one doesn't. You can't compare scopes unless you have them side by side on a tripod, or at the range on the guns shooting on the same day, in the same conditions.

One last note, evidently if your in the land of mormons you can't compare or test them unless C-clamped to a cold beam in a playground. wink

P
prm Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
The glass in the 3-9 is significantly better than the 6x. By ‘significant’ I mean you can look through them and immediately tell which is which. The 6x is plenty good for a sight though.

Page 6 of 15 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 14 15

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

574 members (338rcm, 1minute, 338reddog, 264magnum, 06hunter59, 222Sako, 69 invisible), 2,331 guests, and 1,270 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,538
Posts18,491,481
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.