Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
B
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
B
There is no limit to the opportunity of being "butt hurt" these days.

[quote]Peloton sparks sexism outcry, mockery for holiday ad showing husband gifting wife an exercise bike
By Joseph A. Wulfsohn | Fox News
Facebook
Twitter
Flipboard
Comments
Print
Email

A father’s anti-Peloton bike email to his daughter goes viral
A father’s anti-Peloton bike email to his daughter goes viral after he compared the $2,245 bike trend to ‘the use of cocaine.’

Peloton dominated social media on Monday after an ad promoting its exercise bike triggered an avalanche of criticism.

The ad, which initially debuted online in November, features a husband surprising his wife on Christmas morning with an exercise bike, showing her gasping with shock after lifting her hand from her eyes.

"A Peloton?!?" the wife exclaimed in disbelief.

The commercial then shows the wife continuously documenting her use of the exercise bike throughout the year via video diaries, which is followed by her showing her husband a compilation video displaying the progress she made.

"A year ago, I didn't realize how much this would change me," the wife said to her husband about her Peloton. "Thank you."

'TIME'S UP' GROUP DEMANDS NBC TO 'STOP PROTECTING POWERFUL MEN' FOLLOWING GABRIELLE UNION REPORT

Vice declared that the woman in the ad is "absolutely not OK" and that the commercial is a "30-second tale of one [her] desperate journey into wellness hell."

"Her grim motivation that pushes her to drag herself out of bed combined with exclaiming at the camera how blatantly, inexplicably nervous the Peloton makes her paint a bleak portrait of a woman in the thrall of a machine designed to erode her spirit as it sculpts her quads," Vice's Katie Way wrote. "Titled 'The Gift That Gives Back,' the 30-second commercial is a mere glimpse into the barrage of horror its protagonist, a young wife and mother, slogs through daily."

Others took to Twitter and mocked the ad.

"Sorry to shake things up but I'm excited to announce I'm throwing my hat in the ring and joining the presidential race and running on the single issue platform to jail everyone involved in the pitching, scripting, acting, shooting, and approval of the Peloton ad," writer Bess Kalb reacted.

Peloton did not immediately respond to an email from Fox News./quote]

My home is the "sanctuary residence" for my firearms.

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Somebody needs to get a life.

All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void. � Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. (2 Cranch) 137 (1803)
NRA LIfe Member
GOA
SAF
CCRKBA
H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
Is she too tired to make hubby a sammich after riding that thing? If so, pitch it into the nearest dumpster!
Jerry

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
They should just mount a dîldo in place of the seat, they could charge another $1000 for that model.

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Sounds like the guy was trying to save her life.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
IC B2

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
I’m tired of their commercials

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The one with the trainer with 3ft tall marge simpson ghetto hair gets on my nerves

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I don't watch cable or satellite TV, but was recently on vacation and there was cable TV in the room. After seeing that commercial, I laughed and mentioned that while it was a nice gift/product, the "reality" version of that ad would include the 50/50 chance that the spouse gets offended and angry. "So you're saying I'm fat!!" grin

Only ever get a woman exercise equipment, cleaning equipment, or cooking equipment if she asks for it. Good rule......

Now with even more aplomb
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Elkhunter3006
Somebody needs to get a life.

You mean the people who worship their Peletons, right?

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
I know people that just slap their bike on a trainer stand in front if a big TV and watch road course video.

Way cheaper and no annoying person out front

IC B3

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
The Peleton people are already cult members.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
My son is the advertiser's dream.

He desperately wants a peloton for Christmas. Kid would use it too, but no way are we dropping $2k.

Montana MOFO
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
personally that young wife running the bike looks pretty good. to make it real, the woman need to be a 300lb. porker straddling the bike.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by slumlord
They should just mount a dîldo in place of the seat, they could charge another $1000 for that model.

Attached to the chain........to help get a good stroke going.

FJB & FJT
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by RoninPhx
personally that young wife running the bike looks pretty good. to make it real, the woman need to be a 300lb. porker straddling the bike.

Thanks for wrecking one of my favorite commercials, d!ckhead!!!

grin

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Tarkio
My son is the advertiser's dream. He desperately wants a peloton for Christmas. Kid would use it too, but no way are we dropping $2k.
What in the world do you get in the way of a stationary bicycle that comes any where near $2,000 in value.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
It would seem that some folks don't understand the value of investing in yourself. My wife uses the her Peloton religiously, it has greatly assisted in recovering from spinal stenosis and 4 knee surgeries in 2 years. Iam about to replace my treadmill w/ the Nordic Trac which will cost about $1500. We are worth it.

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana

My wife laughed when I saw the commercial and asked if I should get her one.

I bought her a vacuum cleaner for a gift once.....................she told me in no uncertain terms...............NEVER again!

LV mike, happy for you folks, and my comments are not meant as disparaging of folks who exercise.

Geno

PS, when will my being offended that all those other folks are offended by something as silly as an advertisement count for anything and stop all this 'I'm offended" crap?

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
P
prm Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Put a value on your health. If a Peleton gets someone moving to restore their health it’s worth every penny. Certainly there are free ways to get active, but Peleton is somewhat unique in offering group live training while at home. You can also use your own bike with a smart trainer and app such as Zwift.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The commercial I object to on right now is the Apple book commercial where the parents keep throwing the devise at the cranky kids to keep them quiet and then when they make a collage of videos with the obvious newly departed grandma everybody starts balling. I find it a little disturbing.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

536 members (12344mag, 219DW, 222Sako, 204guy, 2500HD, 1Longbow, 67 invisible), 2,416 guests, and 1,242 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,298
Posts18,487,062
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.