D
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
George, how does this look to you?

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Paul, am I seeing the titanium humeral head subluxed out of the glenoid fossa?

Or am I mis-reading it? Hard to tell with just one view.

DF

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
George, how does this look to you?

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Paul, am I seeing the titanium humeral head subluxed out of the glenoid fossa?

Or am I mis-reading it? Hard to tell with just one view.

DF

That is the way my shoulder was after the total replacement. It was installed incorrectly and during a normal arch of movement it would rotate out of socket. Is that what subluxed means?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

It does Paul as the arrow seems to also indicate correct location of the head. I hesitate to get out of my knowledge zone but this seems pretty intuitive.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by Triggernosis
I'm going to need some surgery to repair my rotator cuff that I mucked up a few weeks ago when I fell off a ladder. I'm not sure what's involved yet and I meet with the surgeon next week to begin the process of figuring out what's jacked up in there.
Every person I mention it to says that it's the most painful thing they've ever encountered.
Does anyone here have any experience with rotator cuff surgery and can share what to expect?

I'll let you know Friday. My brother had his done last year. It has taken months to heal if it is healed yet. I haven't talked to him lately.

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Well, I met with the surgeon yesterday and we have an MRI scheduled. He's almost 100% certain that I ruptured part of my rotator cuff and I will be headed for surgery.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Well, I met with the surgeon yesterday and we have an MRI scheduled. He's almost 100% certain that I ruptured part of my rotator cuff and I will be headed for surgery.

I hate it for you and wish you well. As far as pain goes it will really suck for a few days. Stay out in front of the pain. Good sleep won't come for a while. You'll need a recliner. While you'll have some discomfort through PT and the remainder of your recovery, it's much more bearable than the inability to do what you want to do and the boredom. We'll keep you company here, and it will really help. Having forums has been a blessing following all of my surgeries. It's a pretty good way to kill time.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

If it's so bad you can't lift stuff above shoulder level and the pain is constant...................I think you'll be happy in 6 months to a year post surgery.

Actually earlier, but you likely won't have full strength back until then. The PT WILL be tough, if you want good results.

And from what you mentioned earlier, you're likely going to have a good surgeon.

I'm looking forward to you posting great results.

Good luck and stay with the PT.

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Valsdad

If it's so bad you can't lift stuff above shoulder level and the pain is constant...................I think you'll be happy in 6 months to a year post surgery.

Actually earlier, but you likely won't have full strength back until then. The PT WILL be tough, if you want good results.

And from what you mentioned earlier, you're likely going to have a good surgeon.

Geno

I currently can't even lift my arm up onto the dinner table. It doesn't hurt, necessarily - it just won't move. I tore the hell out of it when I fell off a roof 3 weeks ago.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Valsdad

Geno

I currently can't even lift my arm up onto the dinner table. It doesn't hurt, necessarily - it just won't move. I tore the hell out of it when I fell off a roof 3 weeks ago.

That sucks,

Pretty sure your Doc is correct in thinking the MRI will show significant damage.

Again, good luck. The MRI will likely show what needs done. Maybe they find more when they actually get in there, as has been my experience. But they can't fix it if they don't go in.

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
I had my 3rd rotator cuff surgery 3 months ago. If you do not already have one buy a recliner or borrow one now. The first week or so post surgery I spent sleeping in my recliner. My recliner has the recliner handle on the right side which made it difficult but not impossible to use. Ice packs will be your friend. I am 74 which does not help with the recovery but I am feeling much better now. I saw the Doc yesterday and he gave me his blessing to go duck hunting now. I am still restricted from lifting over 5 pounds above my shoulder level but no restrictions for lifting weight up to my waist. I had some bouts with pain post surgery and I used the large Solonpas Lidicane patches to help me get to sleep. I used the Hydrocone pills for a few days post surgery. They instructed to take the pain pills as needed as it helps recovery if you are not in severe pain. Follow your Doctors and Physical Therapist's advice and you should be fine. The doc that operated on me is one of the SJ Earthquakes soccer team physician.
Good luck and I wish you a speedy recovery.

Last edited by mjs3240; 12/03/19.
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Went thru the process near 20 years back. Got home, took two aspirin and invited Chuck Norris over for some sparring.

It was a bit stiff the next day, not particularly painful. About 8 weeks of therapy, most of it home in the form of rope on a pulley stretching and I was back in the saddle.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Had my left one done in Sept, 2008. They said it would take an hour. It took four, ended up with 7 screws in my shoulder. Didn't sleep for 3 days after the surgery. Threw the pain meds in the trash can and went to advil. Went to therapy one time. Seen what they were doing and did it religiously every day. Ended up with a full range of motion and no issues. The pain level post surgery wasn't that bad. Nothing like getting your thumb in an M1 Garand, that my friends is intense pain. Get a recliner and ice packs as mentioned above. After 6 months I was pretty much back to normal.Don;t want to do it again.

Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal; nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude.

Thomas Jefferson
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D
My PT buddy told me it takes a year to get completely over RC surg.

He should know.

DF

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker

He should know.

DF

That'll be perfect timing for the knee replacement I've likely got coming.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

He should know.

DF

That'll be perfect timing for the knee replacement I've likely got coming.

Yes, it will.

My knee was easy this past March compared to the shoulders.

But, I was committed to doing the work to recover. 30 day meeting with Doc's assistant and he said I was doing remarkably well. 90 Day meeting with the surgeon and he said I was doing better than 95% of his patients would do at that point in recovery. I had an elk hunt to go on in October and I wasn't going to miss out on that.

Geno

In it is contentment

Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

550 members (1badf350, 160user, 1minute, 1moredeer, 10ring1, 61 invisible), 2,252 guests, and 1,221 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,012
Posts18,500,284
Members73,986
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.