Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
KFWA Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
This time change has been weird for me. It gets 6:30 around here, dark and I'm bored out of my mind thinking its 3 hours later and I should be going to bed. Normally I adjust OK but not this year.

I'm going to put LED lighting up all over the place

Last edited by KFWA; 12/02/19.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
AZ never changes time. I absolutely love it....

- Greg

Success is found at the intersection of planning, hard work, and stubbornness.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Being I have to get up at 0300 for work, I'm loving it.

Me solum relinquatis

Molon Labe
V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
KFWA: I am with you - it seems the older I get the more difficulty I have with my sleep after the time changes.
And this especially bugs me because the fall time change is always right in the middle of my Big Game Hunting seasons!
I am fine and well rested when I get up early to go Hunting BEFORE the time change, but after the time change I am draggin and not as perky most of the day?
You wouldn't think an hour difference in "going to bed times" would hit me like it does - but it does.
I'm all for leavin the clock alone all year!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It's not the clock that gets me, it's the screwed up sun. Almost 8 AM at sunrise and not quite 9 hours later it gets dark, sunset at about 4:45. Sun doesn't get even near to overhead, only 22 degrees above the horizon. Used to think it was fun but every year it's affecting me more.

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.
IC B2

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Hell, it's sunrise (if it's not cloudy) at 9:45 here, and dark before 3:15, and haven't seen sunshine for almost a week. ........yeah, it gets to you, but then I think of the folks on the coast, total darkness for two months!!!
Bad enough for me, but pets get really confused as to feeding times!!

A stranger is a friend we haven't met.
Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
I haven’t either, about the time I do, it will change again.

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
I get up at 4am every morning and in bed by 8-830, don't want to miss any daylight.

Fact is, there are only 9- 9 1/2 hours of daylight this time of year. It doesn't really matter where the hands of the clock land.

'If you say the parent you were most afraid when you were a kid was your dad, you grew up in the city.'
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Barryt
Hell, it's sunrise (if it's not cloudy) at 9:45 here, and dark before 3:15, and haven't seen sunshine for almost a week. ........yeah, it gets to you, but then I think of the folks on the coast, total darkness for two months!!!
Bad enough for me, but pets get really confused as to feeding times!!

I need to make another trip to Yellowknife. My Wolverine Sports Shop hat is wearing out after a couple of decades!

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by KFWA
This time change has been weird for me. It gets 6:30 around here, dark and I'm bored out of my mind thinking its 3 hours later and I should be going to bed. Normally I adjust OK but not this year.

I'm going to put LED lighting up all over the place
A totally obsolete rule/law... It should have been obliterated decades ago... I hate it, hate it, hate it!!! I've sent letters to my Reps telling 'em to get RID of this pos time change.. Only thing I got back was some bill that's been 'in committee' since '09 and nothing's done about it..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Here, sunset is about 5.05 and will only vary 2 minutes until the solstice. Sunrise is getting later, though. It's at 7.48 today and will get another 15 min later by the 21st. We're at the far left side of the Mtn time zone. We should actually be in Pacific but I'm sure glad we aren't or our time would really be screwed up.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
If I work late there is no time to do anything when I get home!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by GregW
AZ never changes time. I absolutely love it....

Me too. I dont think we are missing out on anything by not dicking around with the time..

[Linked Image]
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
What's funny is how it's changed over the years. One part of living in Texas I disliked was we had two seasons, hot and cool like autumn for four months until hot came around again. College in upstate NY was a relief, four distinct seasons again. Short daylight was no more than a curiosity (see handle). Still need the seasons but short daylight has become a drag. On the other hand about the third week in January it becomes that much more joyful again. Odd.

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.
Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
I’m wide awake, it’s about 1:00 AM here

KFWA Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
with the temperature change I stopped walking the dogs in the morning, and I think the lack of exercise coupled with the time change had me wanting to go to bed much earlier and then waking up in the middle of the night. I also spent a week on west coast time.

We decided to bundle up and start walking the dogs again at 5am, and finding something to do with our time around 7:00pm where I'm not sitting in a chair seems to have regulated things a bit. The past 2 nights I've gone to bed at 10pm and slept thru the night.

I think I'm going to get my workshop back in shape and start spending time in there. I've got an old quad I've been meaning to work on for a few years. Seems like now is the time.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
My work schedule changed the same week as the time change. I was bugging my boss to go to 4/10 shifts instead of 5/8. Be careful what you wish for. He did me the favor, same week as time change as stated, and been struggling to get into a routine ever since.

Used to come home go hard with exercise until shower, dinner, a cold one with a movie, reading then bed. Now I skip straight to the cold one with dinner and bed, shower in the morning.

I'm all fugged up.

"Faster horses, younger women, older whiskey, and more money." -Tom T Hall

Molon Labe
W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
All Shook up? laugh

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

581 members (1eyedmule, 1beaver_shooter, 1Longbow, 10gaugeman, 007FJ, 160user, 59 invisible), 2,758 guests, and 1,254 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,200
Posts18,503,662
Members73,993
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.