Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
My peleton is walking upstairs to get a Snowboard sandwich (krogers brand ice cream sandwich) outta the freezer.
Going back down the stairs I got gravity in my favor.

It all evens out.......

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by hatari
The commercial I object to on right now is the Apple book commercial where the parents keep throwing the devise at the cranky kids to keep them quiet and then when they make a collage of videos with the obvious newly departed grandma everybody starts balling. I find it a little disturbing.

There is one for some company (I don't pay attention to that) that features a Thanksgiving or other family gathering where they make very sure to have white, black, and mixed family members.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Buy a used spin bike on craigslist.... flat screen at Walmart.... Put in spare bedroom.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Some folks' families and family gatherings are like that.

And if not families, sometimes friends and neighbors.

Don't know what the big deal is seeing it on TV,

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
The commercial I object to on right now is the Apple book commercial where the parents keep throwing the devise at the cranky kids to keep them quiet and then when they make a collage of videos with the obvious newly departed grandma everybody starts balling. I find it a little disturbing.

Saves mom and dad from having to be parents.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Elkhunter3006
Somebody needs to get a life.

I don't think that many Peloton buyers have much of a life.............................either before or after.

MM

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Some folks' families and family gatherings are like that.

And if not families, sometimes friends and neighbors.

Don't know what the big deal is seeing it on TV,

Geno

I don't think that it needs to be pushed just to show how open and liberal the company is that shows it.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
Raise your quality of life, fast forward through commercials or use the mute button.

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
A bass boat is always a good Christmas gift for the wife, if she already has enough guns. She can get her exercise running up and down the boat ramp to get the truck.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by lvmiker
Raise your quality of life, fast forward through commercials or use the mute button.
turn off the TV

mike r

fixed (for me anyway)

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same." - Ronald Reagan
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
When my wife and I got married in 1987 I bought us a Big Red Honda 3 wheeler as a wedding gift for us. She liked it or at least acted like she did. I wish they still made 3 wheelers. I ran it 20+ years almost every day. I sold it to a kid that blew it up in less than 2 weeks.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Bigwhoop: More proof that liberalism is a mental disease!
It is incredibly rare anymore to hear a rational utterance from a liberal!
Sad state of the demonrat party/agenda/mentality!
Laughable in a way though.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Just one of the tsunami of commercials programming us to acknowledge that people lived miserable empty lives before technology took over. Plus they made an old white guy cry, so they have that going for them.

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
No Peleton.
Yes to new hardtail mountain bike.
Low level Orange good enough for me.
Maybe this Summer

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
All of this criticism occurred on Twitter, so . . . flush Twitter if you want to live a real life.

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
I dont have twitter. Or instagram.
Just FB.
Because im in a couple of archery groups.

Bought a used bow from one and got a custom string made too.

Last edited by hookeye; 12/03/19.
I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
Forget the Peleton. No matter your age get in a gym, start some cardio and light weight lifting. Work up to controlled power lifting. Get your diabetes and blood pressure under control. Build strength and power. Improve mental and metabolic function and watch your appetite for good food increase as muscle mass burns fat at rest.

Over the first 15 weeks muscle, bone and ligament adaptability maxes and plateaus. Cartilage and tendon adaptability steadily increases over a long period of time. Joint health increases, power muscle fibers grow and the benefits of resistance training have better outcomes on diabetes control than cardio only.

Resistance trumps riding a bike but a stationary bike or elliptical (or Nordic Track) is good to add in and won’t diminish strength gains.

Building up power fibers has show to reduce fall risk also.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by IZH27
Forget the Peleton. No matter your age get in a gym, start some cardio and light weight lifting..................
Sounds like a good idea for those of us that don't have chain saws to run, post holes to dig and barbed wire to stretch, hoop nets to raise, irrigation pipe and hose to drag around, cows to chase, wild hogs to eradicate, feral dogs to deal with, etc. etc. I told my doctor I wasn't into gyms, too many gays and minorities.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
I dont have twitter. Or instagram.
Just FB.
Because im in a couple of archery groups.

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
Originally Posted by Hastings
Originally Posted by IZH27
Forget the Peleton. No matter your age get in a gym, start some cardio and light weight lifting..................
Sounds like a good idea for those of us that don't have chain saws to run, post holes to dig and barbed wire to stretch, hoop nets to raise, irrigation pipe and hose to drag around, cows to chase, wild hogs to eradicate, feral dogs to deal with, etc. etc. I told my doctor I wasn't into gyms, too many gays and minorities.

Ya gotta find the right gym. grin

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

502 members (1234, 10gaugemag, 160user, 10gaugeman, 01Foreman400, 12344mag, 60 invisible), 2,463 guests, and 1,229 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,320
Posts18,487,400
Members73,969
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.