Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
S
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
...Now that the Democrats are going to actually bring Articles of Impeachment to the House Floor for a vote, it's up to McConnell.

What will he do? He has a couple options.

Will he fight and support our duly elected President, or will he just dismiss the case as unfounded, thus denying our President his day in court?

If he "fights" and sets up an actual trial, the President can call witnesses and publicly defend himself. This trial will also put all of these corrupt Establishment Democrats on the Hot Seat and under oath. This trial will not only exonerate our President, it will destroy the Democrat Party and really f*ck up their chances in 2020. ...but remember McConnell is big time establishment himself.

If he refuses to entertain the Democrats impeachment scam and simply dismisses it without a trial and without allowing our President his day in court. He will be giving the Democrats a gift of a lifetime and they will forever be beholding to him, or so he may think.

So what's the POS gunna do?

Have a trial and destroy the Democrat party, or dismiss and refuse to allow our President his day in court?

I have a feeling that this decision has been made weeks, if not months ago, and it won't be beneficial to our President.

Last edited by steve4102; 12/05/19.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump
The Do Nothing Democrats had a historically bad day yesterday in the House. They have no Impeachment case and are demeaning our Country. But nothing matters to them, they have gone crazy. Therefore I say, if you are going to impeach me, do it now, fast, so we can have a fair trial in the Senate, and so that our Country can get back to business. We will have Schiff, the Bidens, Pelosi and many more testify, and will reveal, for the first time, how corrupt our system really is. I was elected to “Clean the Swamp,” and that’s what I am doing!

Looks like our President is putting the pressure on McConnell to do the right thing.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
McConnell has stated that there will be a trial. He believes that the constitution demands it. I suspect John Roberts holds this view as well and his opinion counts since he will preside over said trial and is the swing vote should a decision to forego the trial go before the SCOTUS.

There is gonna be a trial and Trump will win this one. Bigly.

Last edited by ruraldoc; 12/05/19.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The house has not voted to impeach Trump yet, it may not pass or they keep this up until election time 2020.

B
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by ruraldoc

McConnell has stated that there will be a trial. He believes that the constitution demands it. I suspect John Roberts holds this view as well and his opinion counts since he will preside over said trial and is the swing vote should a decision to forego the trial go before the SCOTUS.

Well stated. If the Democrats vote to impeach there will be a trial and it will likely benefit Trump.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by steve4102
...Now that the Democrats are going to actually bring Articles of Impeachment to the House Floor for a vote, it's up to McConnell.

What will he do? He has a couple options.

Will he fight and support our duly elected President, or will he just dismiss the case as unfounded, thus denying our President his day in court?

If he "fights" and sets up an actual trial, the President can call witnesses and publicly defend himself. This trial will also put all of these corrupt Establishment Democrats on the Hot Seat and under oath. This trial will not only exonerate our President, it will destroy the Democrat Party and really f*ck up their chances in 2020. ...but remember McConnell is big time establishment himself.

If he refuses to entertain the Democrats impeachment scam and simply dismisses it without a trial and without allowing our President his day in court. He will be giving the Democrats a gift of a lifetime and they will forever be beholding to him, or so he may think.

So what's the POS gunna do?

Have a trial and destroy the Democrat party, or dismiss and refuse to allow our President his day in court?

I have a feeling that this decision has been made weeks, if not months ago, and it won't be beneficial to our President.

The Turtle has already publicly stated he would hold a formal trial. He is solid in the President's corner.

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
B
B
Has anybody looked into Pelosi's husbands dealings in the Ukraine? Bet it looks and walks like a duck.

" WE THE PEOPLE " ARE WATCHING YOU.

CONCEAL CARRY ISN'T ALWAYS COMFORTABLE. BUT IT'S COMFORTING.

PROUD SOUTHERN DEPLORABLE. HAVE GUNS AND A BIBLE.
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Oh it's going to benefit trump greatly, that's why I'm having a hard time understanding the democrats line of thinking. I honestly think they are going to lose, and Democrat party will lose faith in pelosi remove her as speaker..

Last edited by 79S; 12/05/19.

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
I don’t trust Roberts or McConnell

Sam......

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 79S
Oh it's going to benefit trump greatly, that's why I'm having a hard time understanding the democrats line of thinking. I honestly think they are going to lose, and Democrat party will lose faith in pelosi remove her as speaker..

The American People will remove Pelosi as the Speaker with the results of the 2020 elections.

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
IC B3

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Boy a Senate trial could be interesting.
Standard rules of evidence and norms of a trial go out the window.

-If a witness is subpoened can they refuse?

-Cant even imagine Joe and Hunter Biden being grilled under oath.

-If Trump is subpoened does he have to testify?

-Will Trumps defense subpoena Barack Obama to answer questions under oath?

-Live testimony or video taped?

-Senators who are running for Prez in the middle of a wide open Democratic primary cant campaign. Guess if the movers and shakers in the DNC dont want BIDEN, WARREN, or SANDERS as the nominee it suits their purpose.

"Put none but Americans on guard tonight."
-George Washington
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
President Trump should testify in the senate trial before the American people with over 200 million people watching and bury the swamp rats for good.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Trying to decide who would be more bumbling off script and under oath, Biden or Obama?

-George Washington
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by cv540
Boy a Senate trial could be interesting.
Standard rules of evidence and norms of a trial go out the window.

-If a witness is subpoened can they refuse?

-Cant even imagine Joe and Hunter Biden being grilled under oath.

-If Trump is subpoened does he have to testify?

-Will Trumps defense subpoena Barack Obama to answer questions under oath?

-Live testimony or video taped?

-Senators who are running for Prez in the middle of a wide open Democratic primary cant campaign. Guess if the movers and shakers in the DNC dont want BIDEN, WARREN, or SANDERS as the nominee it suits their purpose.

Biden is not a Senator

Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Even Senators running for office would be compelled to sit in on every minute of the trial, which could last six months or more, virtually bringing their campaign to a standstill.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
At this point, the way I see it is the dims have a decision to make with their impeachment vote, and their options don't give them a way out. They're hosed either way.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Thanks for the correction. Can you proof for spelling also?

-George Washington
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by cv540
Thanks for the correction. Can you proof for spelling also?

Nope, I can barely spell myself..

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RiverRider
At this point, the way I see it is the dims have a decision to make with their impeachment vote, and their options don't give them a way out. They're hosed either way.

Yep, they went all in and now Their is no graceful exit for them. I'm sure the ones in far left districts are fine. Not often you see the fall of a party..

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by RiverRider

Does seem like they painted themselves into a corner.

Wonder if this is a tactic by Pelosi to illustrate how adherence to the far left of the party damages the party politically overall?

-George Washington
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

616 members (10gaugemag, 1moredeer, 160user, 1OntarioJim, 10ring1, 007FJ, 76 invisible), 2,374 guests, and 1,237 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,714
Posts18,494,533
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.