Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
M
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
I miss Scott F, BColorado, and a few others, whose names escape me, at the moment.
Sucks to get old - memory goes to pot! I'll remember in about 10 minutes, though!

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I confess to getting a bit short at times. I'm working on it. If we could burn a few trolls, it would improve the overall mood in my opinion. I do appreciate the info and comraderie often seen here. There is much more good than bad. I do miss many. BYC comes to mind.

Broncos are officially the worst team in the nation this year.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I’ve been here for 16 years. I don’t come around as much nowadays. Just when I find a thread that seems interesting to me, it gets all cluttered up.with juvenile posts, name calling posts between two members that have some sort of ongoing pissin’ match, or it gets derailed with an off topic discussion. Too much BS and not enough civility, entertainment, & information. I don’t have time for all that.

This reminds me why I stopped watching television.

Last edited by savage24; 12/06/19.

"There's no schadenfreude like Hillary Clinton schadenfreude."
- Tamara Keel
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
We dumped TV in 1995. It's painful to watch these days.

Broncos are officially the worst team in the nation this year.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Lot of good info here. Good people too!

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

I remember the early years. Folks were a little more civil, I think.

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by jorgeI
Well, I hated this place when I first joined. There was a crowd here, mostly from Alaska (no offense to MOST of our current Alaskans, operative word "most") but thankfully MOST left.

So in other words these forums have lost the foundation from which they were built.

That's never a good thing...

There have been many outdoor oriented forums that have come and gone over the years, only a few have remained as long as the Fire. There is a reason for it's success and it most likely has much to do with it's foundation.

Alaskans can be a different breed and require understanding yet demand respect.

Padded VA Hospital Rooms for $1000 Alex

Originally Posted by renegade50
My ignoree,s will never be Rock Stars on 24 hr campfire.....Like me!!!!

What are psychotic puppet hunters?
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Originally Posted by websterparish47
Feeding Having the trolls has been a downfall.

No need to even have trolls. Cut their heads off and leave em flopping.

Most sites ban trolls immediately.

I don think it is possible to get banned here.lol

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The Campfire is a slice of life - not what it was, not what it will be - change is inevitable. As in life, the best of this place is wrought by genuinely fine folks offering up their good stuff to others, and mostly keeping their faults in check. I much miss some who have gone away too soon - feel that a few simply can't go too soon - and truly enjoy and appreciate those fine guys whom I now know in person due to introduction here. That's been the most rewarding to me - for I can see their smiles and feel their handshakes. Yes, the general content pf OPs has shifted and I miss that emphasis on shooting and hunting insight - for I have learned a ton from those who posted such, and well. I don't engage here as much as in earlier days and there will be a proper time to simply fade away - but the Campfire has been a good place to pull up a log and sit a spell.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
I’d quit coming here if Big stick got banned permanently. He does need a 10-day timeout from time to time . Haha

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
IC B3

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

Change is inevitable as any community gathering grows, whether it starts out as just a small group, town or internet forum. With growth comes change, often for the worse. Some accept it, some don't and leave.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Ebb and flow...

Some good folks have left, some good folks have joined.

Two or three toxic schitbirds have either moved on or been reduced to random posting. That’s likely done more to improve the place than anything else.
The “political trolls” don’t bother me in the least.

Still lots of good folk sharing good info and some great pics from different areas.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by websterparish47
Feeding the trolls has been a downfall.
+1 on this comment

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by CCCC
The Campfire is a slice of life - not what it was, not what it will be - change is inevitable. As in life, the best of this place is wrought by genuinely fine folks offering up their good stuff to others, and mostly keeping their faults in check. I much miss some who have gone away too soon - feel that a few simply can't go too soon - and truly enjoy and appreciate those fine guys whom I now know in person due to introduction here. That's been the most rewarding to me - for I can see their smiles and feel their handshakes. Yes, the general content pf OPs has shifted and I miss that emphasis on shooting and hunting insight - for I have learned a ton from those who posted such, and well. I don't engage here as much as in earlier days and there will be a proper time to simply fade away - but the Campfire has been a good place to pull up a log and sit a spell.

Very well said.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
rte Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
ttt

Communist Goals

26. Present homosexuality and degeneracy as normal.
27. Discredit the Bible.
28. Eliminate prayer in the schools.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/1561529/posts
RAS Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Lots of good guys back then. Lots of good guys now too.

There is something for everyone here. The political season gets things heated. The last GOP primary was epic. But other than that, it is pretty civil. The Savage and Winchester Collectors forums are very good. Learned a lot.

Biggest change has been the classifieds. Used to be that there was MAYBE 100 people looking. Now you hardly ever see it below 500. Getting a good deal is strictly right place, right time and decide in 30 seconds or less.

Overall, I like it. I gave up on all other forums and don’t do FB hardly ever.

"...aspire to live quietly, and to mind your own affairs, and to work with your hands, as we instructed you, so that you may walk properly before outsiders and be dependent on no one." - Paul to the church in Thessalonica.

RAS Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Oh, one more thing.

I am glad that it isn’t that easy to get banned here. But if you do hit that mark, it leaves no doubt to everyone that it’s time to go.

This isn’t the place for thin skinned mommy boys.

"...aspire to live quietly, and to mind your own affairs, and to work with your hands, as we instructed you, so that you may walk properly before outsiders and be dependent on no one." - Paul to the church in Thessalonica.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
I joined over 16 years ago and it was great. I hardly ever post any more. I learned much and contributed a little too. I hardly ever post now and here are a few reasons why:

Too many people wanting to build up their number of posts in an inane manner as someone has already mentioned.

Too many people criticizing other folks posts in a hostile manner. I don't publicly criticize others (except for a couple of blowups with total idiots).

People criticizing poster's pricing in the classified. The OP has the right to ask what price he wants without being criticized by some know it all.

Too much b*u*l*l*s*h*i*t over stuff like the great .270 Winchester being gay. That crap is sophomoric and a waste of reader's time. Dumber than h*e*l*l.

A lack of common courtesy and respect for others.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by 280shooter
I confess to getting a bit short at times. I'm working on it.

It's that obnoxious blue field you're forced to watch. That's enough to make any sane person lose it.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Originally Posted by wabigoon
I've been on this site for too many years now. I think I've seen a lot of change, some maybe for the better some not.

What do the old time sages think?

They gone.

Oh no we're not. Most are and have been driven away (from contributing) because of worthless jibber jabber.

NRA Endowment Life Member (and proud of it)

Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.

Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something. - Plato

Deuteronomy 22:5

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

599 members (1234, 01Foreman400, 12344mag, 1Longbow, 160user, 17CalFan, 61 invisible), 2,137 guests, and 1,332 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,014
Posts18,481,586
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.