Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by joken2

Originally Posted by JamesJr
Originally Posted by Girlhunter
Originally Posted by Barkoff
More Californians moving to Tennessee?

This thread is about Kentucky.

That said, I'm sure many are leaving in droves, hopefully because they are tired of giving their money to the enemy.

I doubt that's the case. As a matter of fact, Yankees are moving here in droves, looking to escape the chit states they live in.

Exactly! Been going on for a long time, too.

Folks that lived in liberal coastal states and big cities for decades sell their average homes for big bucks and move to middle America states were they can buy three times the house and property they had there for a third of the money theirs sold for, lower taxes, substantially cheaper cost of living, and easier going lifestyle overall.

My wife handled the purchase of a house for a woman from Michigan who had accepted a job in management at a factory a couple of counties over,...very rural county. My wife mentioned how arrogant she was.

I told my wife, "That's not going to last".

She's been there 4 months and she called my wife up wanting to list her house,.....said she being ran off.

I've worked in some of these factories around here. The vast majority of them have a very firmly established "good old boy" system.

From what I've heard,..that woman went in with the intent of showing them the "proper" way to do things. When the local management didn't see things her way, she called up the corporate office on them.

*shaking head*

Some people just don't understand.

Now,...after 4 months, she's looking for another job.

J
joken2 Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
J

Originally Posted by Bristoe

That said, I'm sure many are leaving in droves, hopefully because they are tired of giving their money to the enemy.

I doubt that's the case. As a matter of fact, Yankees are moving here in droves, looking to escape the chit states they live in.

Folks that lived in liberal coastal states and big cities for decades sell their average homes for big bucks and move to middle America states were they can buy three times the house and property they had there for a third of the money theirs sold for, lower taxes, substantially cheaper cost of living, and easier going lifestyle overall.

My wife handled the purchase of a house for a woman from Michigan who had accepted a job in management at a factory a couple of counties over,...very rural county. My wife mentioned how arrogant she was.

I told my wife, "That's not going to last".

She's been there 4 months and she called my wife up wanting to list her house,.....said she being ran off.

I've worked in some of these factories around here. The vast majority of them have a very firmly established "good old boy" system.

From what I've heard,..that woman went in with the intent of showing them the "proper" way to do things. When the local management didn't see things her way, she called up the corporate office on them.

*shaking head*

Some people just don't understand.

Now,...after 4 months, she's looking for another job.

Similar thing happened at at manufacturing plant were I worked but the migrating northerners eventually learned to subdue their arrogant manner (at least openly) and continued to work, bought homes, finished raising families, and retired from there. The sister plants where they had worked at closed mainly due to a combination of high operating costs, OSHA and EPA rules, high Workman's Comp / Disability claims and labor union pressure.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by MontanaMan
Originally Posted by Orion2000

However, frustrating that Beshear is not even in office yet, and the B.S. has already started...

Just be glad you don't live in VA.

MM

No kidding. They're burnt toast.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Yes, preparing for some upgraded persecution now. commies have Governor, and both houses. could get rough, but I am digging in.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by Orion2000
Assault weapons ban, Hi Cap magazine ban, and assault weapons buy back program... Grrr....

The Link...

As stated above, it may never get out of committee. However, frustrating that Beshear is not even in office yet, and the B.S. has already started...

Take it from someone who lives on the other side, in the commuinist tate of NJ. You CNA NOT let the get a hold. not one foot hold. YOu MUST keep them out of power. They are 100% about the long game of getting stuff banned.

I feel fro you in KY... you are gooing to need some KY soon.

Originally Posted by Archerhunter

Quit giving in inch by inch then looking back to lament the mile behind ya and wonder how to preserve those few feet left in front of ya. They'll never stop until they're stopped. That's a fact.
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Stupid... walkin.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

She was running from me when she saw I was trying to take her picture. lol. smile

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Elections have consequences. The business in VA might get inconvenient for me since the border is about two miles away and I shop there a good bit, especially for gas. If they futz around with high cap mags, the carry regs, etc, it'll be a pain. Hell, I haven't even fired my M1 carbine yet and the bastards are gonna make it illegal for me to take it to my club range.

Lets hope the folks in Kentucky raise enough of a stink to thwart this crap.

What fresh Hell is this?
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
The vast majority of politicians in Kentucky know better than to broach the gun control issue.

Kentucky politics are a bit odd. This whole state is like a small town with the exceptions of Louisville and Lexington.

Every now and then some schittbird politician from Lexington or Louisville tries to pretend that he's in with the liberal in crowd. But it doesn't get through Frankfort.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Got that right. There are some dim bulbs in Louisville and Lexington, but the rest of the state is thoroughly conservative.

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."
-Master Chief Hershel Davis

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Anybody who supported the Medicare expansion deserves to be fcked.

Those teachers y'all got are scum too. You boys best be breaking up their union.

Politics is War by Other Means
IC B3

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Virginia's problem is that a lot of the northern part of it has become the D.C. metro area. Federal schittbirds go work in D.C., then retreat to Northern Virginia where their residence is at the end of the day to get away from that jiggaboo schitthole that's the Nation's capital.

Kentucky doesn't have that problem.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Did Bloomberg dump any money into getting Beshear elected? How much money did he put into VA election? Just saying. Or maybe it was Soros.

Last edited by Lefty Lucas; 12/08/19.

You CANNOT protect the Constitution without the 2nd Amendment.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Bristoe
The vast majority of politicians in Kentucky know better than to broach the gun control issue.

Well, for all our's sake, I surely hope you are right, but this schitt is insidious.

You can't take anything for granted & just lay down assuming & hoping it's not real.

MM

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Exactly, just like they came from all over to CA.

J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
I'm betting the Second Ammendment Foundation melts that chiett away. Yep. I reckon I best send them a 100 tomorrow to help them make the commies cry with sorrow.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
J
joken2 Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
J

Originally Posted by Tyrone
Anybody who supported the Medicare expansion deserves to be fcked.

Those teachers y'all got are scum too. You boys best be breaking up their union.

It was Medicaid expansion, not Medicare.

Medicaid basically varies by state, is based on income, and only available to those with too low of a income to afford health care and private insurance, whereas Medicare is federal. for those 65 years old and over and is contributed to by recipients while still working.

Gov. Bevin wanted to implement controls on Medicaid, such as require recipients that weren't working but were physically and mentally able to, to work and offer job training to improve their overall economic situations.

Teachers and state employees were all in a uproar over prior Democrat administration's 'vote buying' commitments toward their pensions. health benefits and salary increases that there simply isn't enough money to honor as promised.

Gov. Bevin's attempts to reign in costs trying to get KY's fiscal head above water again cost him a 2nd term as Governor. .

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Just some Liberal pansy wanting attention. It's not worth the paper it's written on.

J
joken2 Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
J

Exactly, just like they came from all over to CA.

True for many, primarily to find work, especially more prevalent during and after the dust bowl/depression era and again after WW2. Same is true for the heavily industrialized big cities in northern states.

A good many of those retire, sell out, and move back to areas in middle America near family where they and/or spouse were born and grew up, too.

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
I think that it’s about time for several conservative state congressmen to initiate a state hearing protection bill. The best way to counter this lunacy is to ensure even more freedoms for honest citizens.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Gov. Bevin's attempts to reign in costs trying to get KY's fiscal head above water again cost him a 2nd term as Governor. .

Yes, and while I supported his efforts to do so, I believe he went about it the wrong way. Bevin took a typical Yankee's look at Kentucky......here's a bunch of dumbazz's and I'm going to show them how smart I am. Had he not picked fights and ridiculed certain groups, AND focused on a long term plan of reducing our debt, I believe he would have won a second term. Instead, he acted like he expected to turn the state around in one term of being governor, and it just didn't work. As much I blame the ignorant azz voters for not re-electing him, he must also share part of the blame himself.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

565 members (1badf350, 160user, 1minute, 1Longbow, 10ring1, 1936M71, 56 invisible), 2,538 guests, and 1,251 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,338
Posts18,487,696
Members73,969
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.