Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by BKinSD
Down coat, block of knives, piece of fiestaware, perfume. We bought a Roomba on Black Friday. She said she wanted one, I said I was not going to be the guy who buys his wife a vacuum for Christmas. She loves the Roomba, frankly it does a great job and I'm glad we have it. The dogs seem intrigued by it. Very.

Wife loves our Roomba

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Another option is the wireless security cameras. Allows her to feel safe when alone at home. We got 2 for 169. Two screws into the trim by the doors of choice is all you need to install. Feeds into your WiFi and an app on your phone let’s you view live any time you want and it alerts you to anyone coming into view.

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Mines hitting it big. Santa's delivering a FoxPro shockwave game caller, game camera and a Brownells railed receiver for a 10/22.

She'll be rid of me for weeks!!

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
My wife was smitten with a dome clock in a Goodwill store yesterday. I asked where would she put it. That did not go over well.

We went to town today. I guess she will have to figure where to put it.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Where did the habit of referring to Christmas as "X" mas come from?

IC B2

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
Bristoe, I'm not sure. Mostly laziness maybe. One story goes, the X was an old symbol for "Christ". I'll type it all out.

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Some stuff she asked for, a blanket for camping, an LED lamp for her sewing, some kitchen stuff because she loves to cook....and a new scope for her 10/22.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by wabigoon
Bristoe, I'm not sure. Mostly laziness maybe. One story goes, the X was an old symbol for "Christ". I'll type it all out.

I've never heard of anybody refer to Halloween as "X"ween,....or Thanksgiving as "X"giving.

It seems a bit peculiar that the only major holiday that contains the word "Christ" was commonly shortened to "X"mas.

I can't believe that it happened spontaneously. Somebody had to come up with that idea.

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
It's been going on for many years.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B

Somebody had to be first,......and they had a reason besides laziness for doing so.

It would be interesting to know who first decided to X out the name Christ from Christmas.

IC B3

D
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
D
Mine is getting a Roomba. She has no idea but several years ago, she bought herself a vacuum for Christmas and was tickled to death. I think she'll be happy since we are putting in new flooring soon.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Wife wanted a drone.
Bought her a DJI Phantom 3, 4k, last evening local.
She wanted a cheaper, used one, just in case of crashes.
She's happy !

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
75.6 cc MM4® 4‑Stroke Engine Tube Throttle Backpack Leaf Blower (Makita)

She may hate me now... but she will love me next fall when I make her rake all the leaves before making my dinner, doing my laundry and pouring my bourbon.

Just kidding... Great wife... she loves keeping a neat yard and garden.

Getting great presents is harder and harder every year...

Today is her birthday... got her 18 jars of stuffed olives (jalapeno, garlic and feta (6x each)). She is an olive junkie.

Couple months ago was our anniversary... "Steel" was the year... did her a sign for our WV property...

[Linked Image from pic20.picturetrail.com]

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/14342088

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by RatherBHuntin
Originally Posted by BKinSD
Down coat, block of knives, piece of fiestaware, perfume. We bought a Roomba on Black Friday. She said she wanted one, I said I was not going to be the guy who buys his wife a vacuum for Christmas. She loves the Roomba, frankly it does a great job and I'm glad we have it. The dogs seem intrigued by it. Very.

Wife loves our Roomba
One of the local bars - big into pool leagues - has four Diamond tables...He brings the Roomba over to a table, sets it on the felt and turns it on... Every half hour he just moves it to another table... Damn thing does a wonderful job and he sez ' after two hours he dumps out enough chalk to make 2-3 cubes...

Brilliant..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Bristoe

I've never heard of anybody refer to Halloween as "X"ween,....or Thanksgiving as "X"giving.

It seems a bit peculiar that the only major holiday that contains the word "Christ" was commonly shortened to "X"mas.

I can't believe that it happened spontaneously. Somebody had to come up with that idea.

X has been a symbol for Christ longer than the upright cross (crucifix). The X in Xmas is almost as old as the religion itself.

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

I quit doing it when my then 8 year old daughter look at me and asked "Daddy, why is everybody taking Christ out of Christmas?"

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I got my wife a $20 face mask for sanding sawdust. This is a gag gift. She will buy something nice, wrap it, and put it under the tree from me to her.

I bought a SOG SEAL knife, gave it to her to wrap to give me something nice for Christmas.....She may also have a gag gift planned for me.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Well, I am giving my wife a Brand new rear bumper for her Nissan Titan. It is the perfect ladies truck.
Now....I have got to get her to quit backing into the same tree, over and over.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

605 members (204guy, 22kHornet, 222Sako, 01Foreman400, 257 mag, 59 invisible), 2,511 guests, and 1,322 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,602
Posts18,492,280
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.