Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
J
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
J
I understand the sympathy for anyone who might have been hurt or killed, but don’t forget we’re in a proxy war and arms race with them. Last year we killed hundreds of their mercenaries in Syria. And Russians are being killed with their war in Ukraine, who we support.

I can sympathize with their sailors, but the fewer carriers they have the better.

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Originally Posted by kolofardos
Originally Posted by 7mmbuster
Russia of today is a far cry from the USSR of Years ago, who who were our biggest potential threat. The media and liberals want everyone to think the Russians are a threat to us and world peace, but the ChiComs are the biggest threat to our security now.
7mm

Exactly right. It's worrisome that so many don't understand how big of a threat China is.

Exactly.

Russia is not the threat.

“Factio democratica delenda est"
U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
Originally Posted by Jeffrey

I can sympathize with their sailors, but the fewer carriers they have the better.
That's the only carrier they have and the last time it went to sea, it was in such bad shape that they sent an oceangoing tug with her.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
the last I heard was that the Russians were in negotiations to sell the dang thing to India.

Sam......

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
the last I heard was that the Russians were in negotiations to sell the dang thing to India.

Indians may it cheap in a "fire sale"... blush

grin

DF

IC B2

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
It’s an old skipdeck POS that should have been scrapped years ago. I also had heard the Indians were looking at buying it and updating it. It’s not much of a shadow of one of our older carriers. It does have some in common with our newest carriers of the Ford class. Neither are seaworthy.

‘TO LEARN WHO RULES OVER YOU, SIMPLY FIND OUT WHO YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO CRITICIZE’

Conspiracy theorists are the ones who see it all coming…

You are the carbon they want to eliminate !

I’m Uber Deplorable Ultra MAGA !
A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Pity, that.

/sarcasm

and what does the Lord require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God? (Micah 6:8)

d.v.

Musings on TDS
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Russia of today is a far cry from the USSR of Years ago, who who were our biggest potential threat. The media and liberals want everyone to think the Russians are a threat to us and world peace, but the ChiComs are the biggest threat to our security now.
7mm

Yes........!

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ringworm
It'll still run, probably.

I don't think Russia even has a drydock any longer, they probably won't be able to afford to put the thing back in service.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by PPosey
is it nuclear?

No

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Drunk Ivan left the toaster plugged in.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
Nyriflemen: I take GREAT pleasure in hearing this news!
I say anyone that doesn't take pleasure in hearing this news is simply to stupid to understand the horrors of russia and russkies and the dangers they pose to ALL Americans not just sailors!
Fugg'em.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy!

You appear to be a very hateful person....more than a few of your posts make that very apparent!

I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by nyrifleman
Originally Posted by kolofardos
7mm

Exactly right. It's worrisome that so many don't understand how big of a threat China is.

Exactly.

Russia is not the threat.

I firmly believe Russia will be our greatest ally in coming conflicts with China. Today, we actually have more in common with Russia than we have ideological differences.

Both nations are struggling to avoid domination by the "international swamp".

I wish the best for the families of the stricken sailors, and hope the fire fighters fare well.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Fug them and their aircraft carrier.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Jeffrey
I understand the sympathy for anyone who might have been hurt or killed, but don’t forget we’re in a proxy war and arms race with them. Last year we killed hundreds of their mercenaries in Syria. And Russians are being killed with their war in Ukraine, who we support.

That's where I'd be at. I have no problem with the Russian people but I'm no fan of their leadership and their global aspirations.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Not that any fire on board a ship isn't serious. Your talking about a space of approximately 30 feet by 36 feet. The deaths and injuries were all probably due to smoke inhalation from what ever the initial cause was.

I wouldn't take pride in wishing ill on an individual sailor facing a life and death situation in such a horrible way.

Wasn't long ago that we faced such and lost a nuclear sub under the same circumstances, and in that case it was deliberate because a painter wanted the day off to spend time with his girlfriend. But quite a few others faced life and death because of it.

Phil

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Hope no one was killed.

+1, fires on a ship that big are never a good thing. My wife's cousin died on a US Navy vessel.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
They have had hell with that ship for years. They need to scrap it!

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
We are the only nation that has mastered carrier warfare. Other nations may boast that they have one, but none of them can operate in anything but day and good weather, as far as I know. The Brits may have some limited night/bad weather ability, but that's all.

The fact that nobody else can do it says volumes about just how damn good our ships and people are.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
I can hardly believe they only have 1 aircraft carrier. How many do we have?

But the fruits of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness,faithfulness, Gentleness and self control. Against such things there is no law. Galations 5: 22&23
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

345 members (12savage, 204guy, 12344mag, 16gage, 1lessdog, 01Foreman400, 38 invisible), 2,515 guests, and 1,288 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,499
Posts18,490,472
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.