Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by Clarkm
Originally Posted by smokepole

Cruise missiles would get my vote.

I worked on a request for quotation from Northrup for a power supply for a new cruise missile in 1984. I designed a prototype and left that small company. In 2005 I visited that company and those power supplies were being made on the production line. Google can find only traces that the missle exists. If that is a representative example, we are already paying for a lot of cruise missiles. We have a military budget of $698.5 billion.

PM Send Clark

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Yeah, right...

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
don't ever answer a call from the 876 area code!!!

Jamaica and the Caribbean...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
"Say ‘goodbye’ to robocalls"

Been hearing that BS for a couple decades now.

Ain't happened yet.

When Hillary is on the MSM in handcuffs, I may take another look at this story.

'Cause I know Hell just froze over!

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Maybe those three know that the legislation is just another solution for a problem that can be fixed easily by individuals who will make the simple effort. If that's the case, I appreciate them standing on the principal of fewer unnecessary laws.

All you need is a little phone discipline of your own, and you never have to answer another robocall, or any other phone junk.

Lunatic fringe....we all know you're out there.

IC B2

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
SO many MORE important things to worry about.

Its SO easy to ignore the calls.. don't ID someone we know it goes to voice mail. Been that way for years. The few seconds it takes to glance I'd just as soon worry about no more gun control, border security, fair taxes IE get rid of property tax, and so on.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by rost495

Its SO easy to ignore the calls.. don't ID someone we know it goes to voice mail. Been that way for years. The few seconds it takes to glance I'd just as soon worry about no more gun control, border security, fair taxes IE get rid of property tax, and so on.

To me it's abhorrible that we can't answer the phone when it rings.

Another example of stuff getting FUBAR.

It's not easy to "just not answer" calls from a number you don't know, if you are in business, and have advertising working for you.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Originally Posted by rost495

To me it's abhorrible that we can't answer the phone when it rings.

Another example of stuff getting FUBAR.

It's not easy to "just not answer" calls from a number you don't know, if you are in business, and have advertising working for you.

As already described by others above, there are ways around that too. The tools are out there. I often have ads to cover too, and I haven't had to answer any phone spam for years.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I'll believe it when I see it. In the last few months, I've gotten robo calls that show up from phone numbers that I actually know.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by TxHunter80
I'll believe it when I see it. In the last few months, I've gotten robo calls that show up from phone numbers that I actually know.

You screening numbers, not names? I assign names to all the numbers I know. I never answer a known name and get someone or something unknown.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I have had very few robo calls since I installed the app Hiya.

[Linked Image from ]
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The only reason we still have a land line is because my wife has to carry a beeper it is just back up incase the cell service goes down. The amount of spam marketing calls that unpublished number gets is obscene. Every once in awhile I'll answer it and say "You should get a respectable job" and then hang up.

Please don't feed the trolls!
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

It's not easy to "just not answer" calls from a number you don't know, if you are in business, .....
Well, yes and no.. I don't advertise, period.. But when the phone rings I just look at the caller ID.. IF it's a reasonably close number WITH a name associated - I answer... IF not to either of those two, I wait for the answering machine.. A valid customer will begin to leave a message - if I'm close by I intercept it and take the call. If not, I call back asap..

Eliminates 95%+ of having to deal with those robo-call basitds..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
V
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
V
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Nine calls out of ten to my house phone are robo.

That's why my home phone is unplugged. I only use it for calling my cell phone when I can't find it.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Seems like we have been down this blocking road before........and I still get calls.

A true sportsman counts his achievements in proportion to the effort involved and fairness of the sport. - S. Pope
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by centershot
Seems like we have been down this blocking road before........and I still get calls.

Oh, I get the calls - sometimes a couple times in a day, but usually fewer. I just don't answer them. I never felt a need to answer every ring in the old landline days either, once I had an answering machine. I never understood those people who couldn't stand to ignore a phone call, even for just a minute. If it's real and it's important, the caller will leave a message. If not....meh....

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by victoro
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Nine calls out of ten to my house phone are robo.

That's why my home phone is unplugged. I only use it for calling my cell phone when I can't find it.
LMAO.... OHHHhhhhh, yeah... BTDT... laugh laugh laugh

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
If you'll spend a little time fuqking with them, you'll get removed from a lot of list. A few months ago I decided to fuqk with every single one of them that calls me, the calls have dropped dramatically. You should hear some of the sheit I say to them, make a drill seargents ears turn red.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
What do you say to pizz off a RECORDED message, eh?

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by mirage243
If you'll spend a little time fuqking with them, you'll get removed from a lot of list. A few months ago I decided to fuqk with every single one of them that calls me, the calls have dropped dramatically. You should hear some of the sheit I say to them, make a drill seargents ears turn red.

Y'know, you may be on to something. I was unoccupied and feeling a little game one day a few months ago when I got one of those unknown numbers ringing. So I answered that one and dicked with him until he hung up on me. The calls dropped more off after that.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

570 members (1minute, 10gaugemag, 2500HD, 160user, 1234, 222Sako, 69 invisible), 2,303 guests, and 1,285 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,790
Posts18,496,076
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.