Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
I love the smell of the Christmas Tree. I don't think I could bring myself to have a fake one, it's just not the same. Every time I walk into the house, I smell that tree. Even if I get out there with a chain saw in the summer time and trim some branches off of a pine tree, the smell reminds me of Christmas.

"Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem."
Ronald Reagan
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Don't them things catch on 'far?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Anyone else "Bah-Humbug" ? I can't wait till January.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by slumlord
Here in Clarksville Tn, someone has been dropping a gold Krugerrand into one of the pots for the last several years.

Wonder if that happens in Billings...

Interesting, itt happens in Cedar Rapids, as well.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
[quote=StoneCutter]I love the smell of the Christmas Tree. I don't think I could bring myself to have a fake one, it's just not the same. Every time I walk into the house, I smell that tree. Even if I get out there with a chain saw in the summer time and trim some branches off of a pine tree, the smell reminds me of Christmas.[/quote}

A few years ago, I had occasion to open a box that had been in my folks' attic. It contained Christmas items, but had not been opened in years. There were a few needles in it from those many years ago that still gave off a scent when the box was opened. I was instantly swept back over the years to Christmases past.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
IC B2

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by slumlord
Don't them things catch on 'far?

Only if ya F^ck up and lite it.

"Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem."
Ronald Reagan
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Most pictures of Jesus show him as a handsome, blue eyed, long haired Caucasian. Most likely he looked something like this drawing: dark skin, black hair, brown eyes, short hair, and homely. We do know he was homely, the Bible says so. He was revered for who he was, not what he looked like.

[Linked Image from jesuswithoutbaggage.files.wordpress.com]

β€œIn a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Most pictures of Jesus show him as a handsome, blue eyed, long haired Caucasian. Most likely he looked something like this drawing: dark skin, black hair, brown eyes, short hair, and homely. We do know he was homely, the Bible says so. He was revered for who he was, not what he looked like.

I believe that the image that most of us have in our heads is Sallman's "Head of Christ". (It's too bad that the KJV did not include an actual photograph.)

W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
The star on top of a Christmas tree? I'm fine with it.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

IC B3

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck

Yep all good reasons not to create for ourselves images that could be said to be... well, graven?

As per the Westminster Shorter Catechism question 51:

Q: What is forbidden in the second commandment?
A: The second commandment forbiddeth the worshipping of God by images,1 or any other way not appointed in his word.2

Deuteronomy 4:15-19. Take ye therefore good heed unto yourselves; for ye saw no manner of similitude on the day that the LORD spake unto you in Horeb out of the midst of the fire: Lest ye corrupt yourselves, and make you a graven image, the similitude of any figure, the likeness of male or female, the likeness of any beast that is on the earth, the likeness of any winged fowl that flieth in the air, the likeness of any thing that creepeth on the ground, the likeness of any fish that is in the waters beneath the earth: and lest thou lift up thine eyes unto heaven, and when thou seest the sun, and the moon, and the stars, even all the host of heaven, shouldest be driven to worship them, and serve them, which the LORD thy God hath divided unto all nations under the whole heaven.
Acts 17:29. Forasmuch then as we are the offspring of God, we ought not to think that the Godhead is like unto gold, or silver, or stone, graven by art and man's device.
Deuteronomy 12:30-32. Take heed to thyself that thou be not snared by following them, after that they be destroyed from before thee; and that thou enquire not after their gods, saying, How did these nations serve their gods? even so will I do likewise. Thou shalt not do so unto the LORD thy God: for every abomination to the LORD, which he hateth, have they done unto their gods; for even their sons and their daughters they have burnt in the fire to their gods. What thing soever I command you, observe to do it: thou shalt not add thereto, nor diminish from it.

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G

[Linked Image from i.etsystatic.com]

'If you say the parent you were most afraid when you were a kid was your dad, you grew up in the city.'
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
If Jesus had the chance to grow old, he may have resembled this dude from Fiddler on the Roof..

https://images.app.goo.gl/J4xefbktKK55meW3A

Originally Posted by Leanwolf
" ... Up to this time, Christmas trees were pretty much limited to German homes. ..."

The English palace at that time would have been a "German" home. Queen Vicki and Prince Al were both of German lineage,
so their Christmas tree would have been a custom of their German culture. wink

Queen Victoria's eldest daughter Vicky married Prince William of Prussia...they had a son...Kaiser Wilhelm II, Emperor of Germany.

Queen Victoria herself had married Prince Albert of Bavaria.(her first cousin)

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
Jesus looks Mighty good to me, I've yet to see his face, I feel His love.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
[Linked Image from cdn.mytheatreland.com]

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Some folks are still outraged that the Nazis celebrated Christmas.. grin

Attached Images
hitlerXmas..jpg (26.55 KB, 69 downloads)
decor..jpg (28.8 KB, 73 downloads)

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Starman
If Jesus had the chance to grow old, he may have resembled this dude from Fiddler on the Roof..

https://images.app.goo.gl/J4xefbktKK55meW3A

Originally Posted by Leanwolf
" ... Up to this time, Christmas trees were pretty much limited to German homes. ..."

The English palace at that time would have been a "German" home. Queen Vicki and Prince Al were both of German lineage,
so their Christmas tree would have been a custom of their German culture. wink

Queen Victoria's eldest daughter Vicky married Prince William of Prussia...they had a son...Kaiser Wilhelm II, Emperor of Germany.

Queen Victoria herself had married Prince Albert of Bavaria.(her first cousin)

All that cousin marrying just propagated the hemophilia that was rampant in Europe's royalty. Victoria was a carrier. She had 9 children. 2 of her daughters were carriers like her. Her oldest son, Leopold, had it and died of it at 30 when he fell and bled to death.

β€œIn a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Hemophilia was a small price to pay for keeping all the power in the family? . smirk

Queen Eliz. II is related to her husband Phillip, and even the latest generation of royal heirs to the throne;
William and Kate, are also related.

Kate Middletons mother is of the Goldsmith family,..some say Williams mother Diana,
was the love child of tycoon James Goldsmith. ..Diana was also close friends with Jemima Goldsmith, some
suggesting Diana and Jemima have the same father. (they could pass as sisters when you see them together).

I think that means William and Kate could have the same grandfather, Sir James Goldsmith.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

545 members (22kHornet, 160user, 1234, 19rabbit52, 1lessdog, 219 Wasp, 46 invisible), 2,371 guests, and 1,192 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,858
Posts18,517,729
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.