Originally Posted by mbhunt
The one with Kate Upton inside

Same

P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Sick
Campfire Outfitter
P
Mine is a taiga four seasons down bag I bought in 1974, it is really good, have slept out in the open in winter and it keep me warm and my four star pioneer bag is another good one, alll pretty old now.

"The 375HH is the greatest level of power you can get for the investment in recoil." (JJHack)
79s and losttrail, biggest waste of air.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
The one I use the most is for backpacking, Marmot Helium.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Western Mountaineering Lynx

Marmot Never Summer

Marmot CWM

Moonstone 35 degree don't remember the name it is 30 years old and still running strong!

Between these three brands and the sample sizes they are all great Down bags.

The Kifaru Slick Bag 0 is my favorite synthetic bag

Marmot Trestles 15 degree Synthetic is no slouch!

These bags cover pretty much all my needs. I would like to add a couple of quilts to the mix. One in the 40 degree range and one in the 15 to 20 range.

Eat Fish, Wear Grundens, Drink Alaskan.
C
C
Wiggy's is by far the best bag I have owned and I own a bunch. A good 15 years ago I went out to Bethel to Guide a hunt in the Killbuck mountains but my luggage did not. The booking guide was about my size so we raided his closet so I could get in the field. He handed me some nice gear but the sleeping bag blew me away when I was in camp. When I got back to Anchorage I went straight over to the wiggys store and plunked down my money. That bag served me just as well this fall as it did the first fall I owned it.

IC B2

Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
Whichever one my wife is in.....otherwise I use a Wiggy’s.

I like the Wiggy sales people.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S
I don't even own a fart sack anymore. How heavy is a bag is big enough for someone over 200 lbs?

Fight fire, save lives, laugh in the face of danger.

Stupid always finds a way.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by ironbender
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
Whichever one my wife is in.....otherwise I use a Wiggy’s.

I like the Wiggy sales people.

Of course you do.....what’s not to like?

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by 2legit2quit
For me just all around use where weight isn’t a concern

Mont bel 0* bag w stretch panels, nice to be able to move as I’m a restless sleeper

Backpacking TNF Cats meow 20* bag under 3 lbs synthetic insulation

Traveling the country via snow machine this time of year TNF Dark Star -40* bag

Had the pleasure 🤦🏼‍♂️ Of sleeping under the stars around -30 in a Cabelas bag rated for that temp. Like to froze my azz off

Used the heck out of a Kelty 0* bag when guiding and it served me well, but always was in a tent

Had s TNF. Dark Star for a short while. Very disappointed in it. The snowshoe/snowleopard bsgs were WAY better.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
DMc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Have two Canadian canvas "Woods" sleeping bags, and I do love goose down. One is the 'Fairbanks" with 3 lbs, and the other is an "Arctic" with 5 lbs of goose down.

For lighter weight or summer camping I have (3) Marmot Mountain Works goose down sleeping bags.

Can't complain about any of them.

Make Gitmo Great Again!!
Who gave the order to stop counting votes in the swing states on the night of November 3/4, 2020?
IC B3

I
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I
I have 3 of the Woods brand bags, not sure which models I've had them so many years but they were made in New York. Don't know if they are still being made or not. The one I bought for my wife back in about 1976 or 77 I paid $250 for it. It is a rectangle shaped down filled bag that has been worth every penny. My oldest son has 3-4 of them including one or two of the very heavy Arctic style bags with a blanket sewn inside, these are really heavy. My other two are mummy bags.

Dick

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by dye7barrel
Originally Posted by mbhunt
The one with Kate Upton inside

Same

Those are too expensive for the use I'd get out of it.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
Here in Florida you don’t really need a sleeping bag. I have one, but hardly ever use it.

Sam......

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
More important than the bag I'm sleeping in is the pad/mattress I'm sleeping on. With a good cushion, I can make do with a sheet and a wool blanket.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Still liking my Feathered Friends bags. Snow Bunting, Peregrine, and Snow Goose. Just looked at their website and can't believe how expensive bags are nowadays...

At 60 years old in a month, I've got to have a good pad though. No more Z rests for me.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
A GI fartsack works well enough, IF you use an air mattress under you, and keep a GI wool blanket inside with you, and use the bag cover. I've spent a lot of nights in them down to minus 8 degrees, in basic training. As long as you're not touching the ground, and have that air mattress aired up good, you can stay plenty warm in them. Lay directly on the ground, though, and you'll freeze your ass off. Layers of air, warmed by your own body, is the key.

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
F
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
F
Originally Posted by ratsmacker
A GI fartsack works well enough, IF you use an air mattress under you, and keep a GI wool blanket inside with you, and use the bag cover. I've spent a lot of nights in them down to minus 8 degrees, in basic training. As long as you're not touching the ground, and have that air mattress aired up good, you can stay plenty warm in them. Lay directly on the ground, though, and you'll freeze your ass off. Layers of air, warmed by your own body, is the key.

Yes, you are right.

DMc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Idaho1945
I have 3 of the Woods brand bags, not sure which models I've had them so many years but they were made in New York. Don't know if they are still being made or not. The one I bought for my wife back in about 1976 or 77 I paid $250 for it. It is a rectangle shaped down filled bag that has been worth every penny. My oldest son has 3-4 of them including one or two of the very heavy Arctic style bags with a blanket sewn inside, these are really heavy. My other two are mummy bags.

Dick

I've heard other people mention a sewn-in wool liner for the vintage Woods bags. Mine are snap in, so they can be removed.when it's convenient. And they are heavy! My Arctic weighs 26 lbs and is 80 x 80 unzipped.

Make Gitmo Great Again!!
Who gave the order to stop counting votes in the swing states on the night of November 3/4, 2020?
Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
My king size bed!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Wiggy made me a custom bag that is perfect for me. I don't do any real cold weather camping but do car camp at elevation in late spring and early fall.

He made me a mummy under which most square cut bags would simply disappear. It has an extra large foot box for my petite feet and a 3/4 zip.

Spent a night or two under the stars when temps were in the low or mid 20s. Luxuriously comfortable.
A bit heavier than most synth fill mummy bags, but it also covers more acreage when laid out. And it only gets carried from the truck/car to the sleeping mat.

Used a lot of bags over the years but if I ever need another Wiggy gets the call.

"Chances Will Be Taken"

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

524 members (06hunter59, 1badf350, 204guy, 1Longbow, 1OntarioJim, 12344mag, 57 invisible), 2,364 guests, and 1,207 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,307
Posts18,487,152
Members73,968
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.