Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 13 14
E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Originally Posted by dSmith_45
If they " nationalize the National Guard" would it not be under Federal control then?

Yeah I thought the President was the only one who could put the ARNG in Federal service.

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Or better yet, Federalize the ARNG so the Gov can't do squat.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by ERK
I have never owned or cared to own an AR type rifle. No use for one what so ever. That has now changed. I will be getting one shortly and I have no idea where it might have to be used in defense of our constitutional rights. Gentlemen have a good day. Ed k

Come on down to the AR forum. Lots of helpful members down there happy to answer questions and help you make a decision.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by EIB0879
Originally Posted by dSmith_45
If they " nationalize the National Guard" would it not be under Federal control then?

Yeah I thought the President was the only one who could put the ARNG in Federal service.

You are correct.

The Governor can call them out for state purposes, but if we need these assets for federal purposes, they must be nationalize by president, but with the approval of the state governor.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
"...but the governor may have to nationalize the National Guard..."

Hmm. Nationalize at the state level. Weird.

OTOH, mobilizing the state militia against the citizens is EXACTLY what the 2nd was written to protect against. Calling for military action versus citizens usually results in a regime change.

IC B2

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by Barkoff
I wonder if the leftards took time to consider how many Guardsmen have ARs at home in the safe?

this, know a lot of pa guardsmsns and they all own ar's, you think there going to give them up, yeah right

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by AJ300MAG
Originally Posted by 12344mag
Originally Posted by jackmountain
VA. Army national guard is comprised of +/- 7500 troops
State troopers have a total of +/- 2100 troopers and agents.

9600 total. I'm betting MINIMUM 1/2 of those are on our side. Leaving 4800 tops.

We had 3500-4000 pissed off people show up to the board of supervisors meeting Wednesday night to demand we be declared 2A sanctuary and a lot more stuck out on the highway unable to get in.

They couldn't come close to taking HALF of Rockingham co. alone, much less the state. Northam better think long and hard.... He wants a war he'll get one. I'd hate to have to guess how many rounds of ammo are stored in this county alone.

I sure hope it doesn't go to bloodshed for you guys but if they do decide to go that route, Fuqk 'em up! Take no prisoners.

Good Luck.

What they fail to acknowledge, this isn't a college campus full of unarmed kids. They had better think long and hard about what they consider doing.

At least this might get the attention of the Supreme Court. Perhaps they would like to take up the banning of Constitutionally protected weapons before it comes to blood shed.

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It seems the legislatures live in a glass house.. they are surrounded by people telling them what they are doing is right. Remember the Colorado representative telling legislature in Denver that the sheriff of the County she lived in supported red flag law. She goes home for a town hall meeting and the sheriff was their and told her I never told you I supported red flag laws matter of he didn't support it at all. That still did stop her from voting for the red flag law.. Point being these libs could see the polls, see these 75 counties as 2d amendment sanctuary counties. They still don't give chit.. another case in point look at the dems in Congress and the impeachment.. no facts they were told they had no evidence still didn't stop them.

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
The commander of the VANG needs to remind that idiot that the oath he and every Guard member took was to support and defend the Constitution, not the government. And especially not a tyrannical government.

You Sure?

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/32/304

Each person enlisting in the National Guard shall sign an enlistment contract and subscribe to the following oath:

“I do hereby acknowledge to have voluntarily enlisted this __ day of ____, 19_, in the ______ National Guard of the State of ______ for a period of __ year(s) under the conditions prescribed by law, unless sooner discharged by proper authority.

“I, ________, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States and of the State of ______ against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to them; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the Governor of ______ and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to law and regulations. So help me God.”

The oath may be taken before any officer of the National Guard of the State or Territory, or of Puerto Rico, or the District of Columbia, as the case may be, or before any other person authorized by the law of the jurisdiction concerned to administer oaths of enlistment in the National Guard.

(Aug. 10, 1956, ch. 1041, 70A Stat. 602; Pub. L. 87–751, § 2, Oct. 5, 1962, 76 Stat. 748; Pub. L. 100–456, div. A, title XII, § 1234(b)(1), Sept. 29, 1988, 102 Stat. 2059.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Yeah a lot of folks here don't realize the guard swears an oath to the state as well..

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
IC B3

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
“ true faith and allegiance to THEM...”

Constitution inclusive.

Meaning the 14 amendment is in effect. Meaning no state (VA) can deprive someone of their rights as citizens of the USA (2nd amendment) without due process. These “bans” have to be voluntary else it’s unconstitutional.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
And when the two conflict (as they never should, but might) which do you think they'll follow? The deviant governor who wants them to attack their own families and neighbors, or the overriding Constitution of the US?

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
just wonder how many police, state police, or guardsman are willing to give up there guns, have a friend that's a captain in the NY state police that is allow to own a ar15 but he needed a department letter to get it, the day he retires and if he still owns the said ar15 he becomes a class 4 felon in NY. all the ar15 that the guardsman, police, or state police in VA dint have to have a department letter allowing them to have them as state of VA didn't already have a band on ar15 like NY did.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by steve4102
The commander of the VANG needs to remind that idiot that the oath he and every Guard member took was to support and defend the Constitution, not the government. And especially not a tyrannical government.

You Sure?

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/32/304

Each person enlisting in the National Guard shall sign an enlistment contract and subscribe to the following oath:

“I do hereby acknowledge to have voluntarily enlisted this __ day of ____, 19_, in the ______ National Guard of the State of ______ for a period of __ year(s) under the conditions prescribed by law, unless sooner discharged by proper authority.

“I, ________, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States and of the State of ______ against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to them; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the Governor of ______ and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to law and regulations. So help me God.”

The oath may be taken before any officer of the National Guard of the State or Territory, or of Puerto Rico, or the District of Columbia, as the case may be, or before any other person authorized by the law of the jurisdiction concerned to administer oaths of enlistment in the National Guard.

(Aug. 10, 1956, ch. 1041, 70A Stat. 602; Pub. L. 87–751, § 2, Oct. 5, 1962, 76 Stat. 748; Pub. L. 100–456, div. A, title XII, § 1234(b)(1), Sept. 29, 1988, 102 Stat. 2059.

The version you posted is an old version missing a word before the word "orders".

That word is "lawful".

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by baxterb
Let’s see... when Lincoln was amassing soldiers, VMI cadets were called. The governor said no because he knew it would mean those same VMI cadets would be told to turn their guns on the very people/communities from which they came. So...If the VA national guard is told do to the same thing, do you really think those soldiers will go back into the very communities from which they came and assist confiscation? A lot of people talk about the military turning on its people, but eventually, those soldiers will likely not be in the military and will have to return to those communities as citizens once again.
In China, they activate units from other provinces of other ethnicities.

Politics is War by Other Means
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Tyrone
Originally Posted by baxterb
Let’s see... when Lincoln was amassing soldiers, VMI cadets were called. The governor said no because he knew it would mean those same VMI cadets would be told to turn their guns on the very people/communities from which they came. So...If the VA national guard is told do to the same thing, do you really think those soldiers will go back into the very communities from which they came and assist confiscation? A lot of people talk about the military turning on its people, but eventually, those soldiers will likely not be in the military and will have to return to those communities as citizens once again.
In China, they activate units from other provinces of other ethnicities.

I don't think the governor of Virginia call call up troops from New York and California. Besides, I doubt there are very many who volunteered for service in Nancy's and Nadlers districts.

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
They want to talk about enforcing gun legislation . How about the possibility of local prosecutors swearing out warrants for them for treason and violation of the constitution .
I don’t know how all this works , but for too long they have gotten away with violating our bill of rights for our so called safety .
They are concerned about our safety ?
They want to stop the blood shed ?
But yet they want to send police and troops in to enforce unconstitutional laws ?
Another thing to keep in mind , we need to let the sheriffs know if Norrham sends people after sherries or anyone of authority who has our back , they need to know we will have theirs .
Hotdam these dick heads anyway ! I was supposed to retire in 9 months and they are fugging that all up .
Kenneth

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
And when the two conflict (as they never should, but might) which do you think they'll follow? The deviant governor who wants them to attack their own families and neighbors, or the overriding Constitution of the US?

Most will do what they are told to do.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
We'll see, but I strongly doubt it.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Originally Posted by gemby58
just wonder how many police, state police, or guardsman are willing to give up there guns, have a friend that's a captain in the NY state police that is allow to own a ar15 but he needed a department letter to get it, the day he retires and if he still owns the said ar15 he becomes a class 4 felon in NY. all the ar15 that the guardsman, police, or state police in VA dint have to have a department letter allowing them to have them as state of VA didn't already have a band on ar15 like NY did.

I would assume the police and other people on the inside of the system (judges, politicians, etc) are very quietly planning to keep their personal weapons and not turn them in. Those laws won't be enforced against them, so long as they are quiet and don't flaunt it.

When was the last time you heard of a cop getting a traffic ticket? Different rules for different people.

Page 3 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 13 14

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

318 members (204guy, 280shooter, 219 Wasp, 17CalFan, 257robertsimp, 1_deuce, 38 invisible), 2,483 guests, and 1,224 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,239
Posts18,485,851
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.