Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Great Deer with a great rifle. BobNH is missed and what a way to honor the man the way you guys are with this rifle. Good luck to next man up

GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by GregW
Originally Posted by battue
Originally Posted by lone wolf
Hope to see more kills in the future, when this one get's passed around.

I knew this was coming, and I talked with Scott about it the other day. I don't want to put him in an awkward position so I mentioned that when it possibly came up I would handle it.

Scott was the one who started the ball rolling with the rifle, and after I was fortunate enough to take a Deer with it, I wanted him to have the opportunity to do the same. Not only because of his work on making it happen, but also because he and Bob were friends and shared some Deer hunts together. I also knew, there were a few others who were instrumental in the process. Individuals who donated parts and financial assistance that not only helped cover the initial cost, but also enabled us to make a donation beyond ticket sales to Bob's family. Something extra they could use to contribute to the charity of their choice in Bob's name.

Discussing this with Scott, some particular names were mentioned and this was when I thought they should also be included.

So, the "Bob" rifle will be passed around, but it will be to four individuals who I thought went above and beyond in their respect for Bob and wanted to honor his contributions to all of us. The individuals were my choices and mine alone. Their identities will be become obvious if they decide to post their success with the rifle on future hunts. Which will be their choice to do so or not. However, after each takes an animal, it will be passed onto the next. After the circle is completed it will be returned to me. When I can no longer use it, it will be given to Scott.

Those are the rules and I made them. This post is to prevent any misunderstanding, which I easily can see could be the case.

Harry

Great stuff....

INDEED !!

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Bob's death came as a surprise to me. Leading up to his death I had talked to him on the phone at least 10 times in the 6 months prior to his death. We were talking coues deer rifles, and planning on a date for him to come to southern Arizona to kill a grey ghost. He was always with his grandkids, or fishing.

RIP Bob. Miss that guy....

- Greg

Success is found at the intersection of planning, hard work, and stubbornness.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Well that sure made up for KS, lol. Great job Scott! What an awesome buck!

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
nice un bud. but, i have to say i'm super jealous of you fellas hunting the mid west and seeing deer like that in broad daylight. here in the deep south thats non existent except for maybe 1 week a year during the rut and they still don't move till almost dark. don't know whether its pressure or what but i gotta say i am jealous of that part whee y'all see mature buck on their feet during daylight hours. ok off my soapbox.
congrats on a darn nice animal to be proud of,
Big Ed

"Only accurate rifles are interesting"
Col. Townsend Whelen
IC B2

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Damn Scott! Another gagger for you-huge congrats! Late to the game seeing this but I expected nothing less. Way to go and Happy Holidays!

David

Golden............
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
If you believe that "sowing and reaping" is a real truth (I do), it should be no surprise Scott had the "Bob Special" in his hands when this buck appeared... he worked hard on that rifle as a way to honor Bob's memory, and it's only fitting he should use it to shoot such a gagger.

This is such a great thread...

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by davidlea
Damn Scott! Another gagger for you-huge congrats! Late to the game seeing this but I expected nothing less. Way to go and Happy Holidays!

David

Yeah...If SKane and Round Oak don't score on monsters, I'm disappointed. grin

Camp is where you make it.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by tzone

David

I agree, at least somebody can get them in this State !

"Jerry is dead, Phish suck time to get a job "
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R

David

True dat!

I just love the country that Roundoak lives in. IMO it's one of the most beautiful places in America.

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

IC B3

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Rooster7

David

True dat!

I just love the country that Roundoak lives in. IMO it's one of the most beautiful places in America.

It really is. I had to spend a couple weeks working there around 2003 or 2004. It was great. And we saw deer constantly, being late Oct, it sure didn't hurt to get the juices flowing!

Camp is where you make it.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Just awesome buck

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

460 members (10gaugeman, 17CalFan, 160user, 10gaugemag, 21, 01Foreman400, 40 invisible), 2,316 guests, and 1,086 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,509
Posts18,490,723
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.