Page 19 of 28 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 27 28
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by mart
Originally Posted by m_stevenson
Originally Posted by montanabadger
Yeah, when I was in grade school there was this kid I hated that hunted with a 257 bob and thought it was the best thing since Orville Redenbacher. Never could stand that cartridge after knowing him, still don't like it. When I hear people talk about how great it is, I think blah blah blah all while knowing it's a good round. Makes alot of sence don't it.

I felt the same way about Barnes X bullets for a long time. Pragmatically I knew they were a good bullet but a former friend beat everyone he knew over the head with the Barnes X bible. No matter the cartridge, if anyone suggested a cup and core bullet it seemed like he was right there to disparage the choice and laud the Barnes X. It has only been in recent years since disassociating myself from him that I have softened my stance on the Barnes X bullets. I actually load them in a rifle or two now. Baby steps.

So, you used to be friends with Art? grin

No. I don't know any Art, but this guy was truly a legend in his own mind.

He's referencing Sitka deer lol

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Originally Posted by Johnny Dollar

6.5 CM is a perfect example. When I get one (and I will)
I will never admit it to another sole.

Sounds like you might already own one.....Hmm?

Not yet. As many of them flying of the shelves into the hands of retards as there are it's inevitable. I buy most of my guns from pawn shops.

I have one, NIB, untouched by human hands I'll sell!

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by Johnny Dollar

6.5 CM is a perfect example. When I get one (and I will)
I will never admit it to another sole.

Sounds like you might already own one.....Hmm?

grin

Not yet. As many of them flying of the shelves into the hands of retards as there are it's inevitable. I buy most of my guns from pawn shops.

Good strategy! That’s how I got my 7 SAUM....remember when those were the cat’s azz? You couldn’t show your face in elk camp with anything that didn’t have “short magnum” in its title. crazy

“My horn is full and my pouch is stocked with ball and patch. There is a new, sharp flint in my lock and my rifle and I are ready. It is sighted true and my eyes can still aim.”
Kaywoodie
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
While I can sympathize with the OP's original complaint about salesmen and some owners hype about the caliber I must say that of all the gee whiz calibers that have come along the 6.5 Creedmoor enjoys pretty good support from just about everyone making ammo. I see around thirty loadings without looking very hard. It is a decent cartridge. Not the top of the heap but it does what it was designed to do and does it well enough to have quite a good following which fans the flames of hate for quite a few.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by kingston
Battery powered personal massagers...

Um...uh...ehem...

Mercy ceases to be a virtue when it enables further injustice. -Brent Weeks

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
M
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by 79S
Yeah, when I was in grade school there was this kid I hated that hunted with a 257 bob and thought it was the best thing since Orville Redenbacher. Never could stand that cartridge after knowing him, still don't like it. When I hear people talk about how great it is, I think blah blah blah all while knowing it's a good round. Makes alot of sence don't it.

I felt the same way about Barnes X bullets for a long time. Pragmatically I knew they were a good bullet but a former friend beat everyone he knew over the head with the Barnes X bible. No matter the cartridge, if anyone suggested a cup and core bullet it seemed like he was right there to disparage the choice and laud the Barnes X. It has only been in recent years since disassociating myself from him that I have softened my stance on the Barnes X bullets. I actually load them in a rifle or two now. Baby steps.

Nope. It wasn't Sitka Deer. It was a former member here. I'm afraid if I say who, he'll come back. Kind of like Beetlejuice.

Chronographs, bore scopes and pattern boards have broke a lot of hearts.
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by SockPuppet

Hey, that's unpolite.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
All Hail the rise of the PRCtards!!

May they live long, educate others fully, and actually believe what they preach because uhhhhhhhh...........facts are on their side...... Nothing else compares in the modern world sayeth the messiah from LA. laugh

Why..?? Because he bought one....

It's official. I missed the selfie deadline so I'm Maser's sock puppet because rene and the Polish half of the fubar twins have decided that I am.

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ μολὼν λαβέ
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Poconojack

Can’t recall ever holding or even seeing a Creed. Life goes on.

same here. but I do like Creedence Clearwater Revival,,, does that help?

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Last edited by SockPuppet; 12/19/19.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
I
Originally Posted by LeonHitchcox
I have yet to understand why anyone would give a rat's azz what someone else shoots.

I fear the creed will make deer extinct.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Well, I owed and loaded rifles in 34 different chamberings but I've sold off most of my collection and I'm down to just a half dozen or so Wincherster 70s, but I don't presently have a short action and decided I needed one. I really believe the 308 Win is the easy choice for a short action rifle but I'm going with the 6.5 C for two reasons, 1) I will use it for deer and 2) less recoil. The older I get, the less I like recoil and I have other chamberings if the game gets bigger than a whitetail. The 6.5C is an easy choice as it has a lot of attention from enthusiasts, solid R&D and lots of factory ammo choices which is important to me as I don't load presently. I'm not suggesting that it's uniquely special or entirely different than the several 260 Rems that I've owned but it's entirely adequate and available and that works for me. Picking up my Christensen Arms Ridgeline 24" next week, the first non-Win 70 I've bought in 20+ years!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 257Bob
Picking up my Christensen Arms Ridgeline 24" next week, the first non-Win 70 I've bought in 20+ years!
Congrats, those are very nice rifles!

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle

That’s just shameful. The duke wouldn’t use a metric cartridge!

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
He's talking about his above average wench. Geesh...

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by 79S

Nope. It wasn't Sitka Deer. It was a former member here. I'm afraid if I say who, he'll come back. Kind of like Beetlejuice.

mart, I was just making a joke here. Art (Sitka deer) is a huge proponent of Barnes. Poking fun is all.

Mark

NRA Life Member
Anytime anyone kicks cancers azz is a good day!

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Oh The Drama!
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
He's talking about his above average wench. Geesh...

Ohhhh. The tall blonde! smile

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
M
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by 79S

mart, I was just making a joke here. Art (Sitka deer) is a huge proponent of Barnes. Poking fun is all.

I kind of figured that. I just didn't know that Sitka Deer was Art.

Chronographs, bore scopes and pattern boards have broke a lot of hearts.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

That little charmer can come to my house if she wants....the term "CREEDMORE" is not spoken here.

Page 19 of 28 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 27 28

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

596 members (10Glocks, 1234, 10gaugeman, 007FJ, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 51 invisible), 2,426 guests, and 1,284 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,585
Posts18,511,036
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.