Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
That’s gotta sting a little.

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Yeah, the laughing turned to tears of joy (I think) from my competitors, after I shot a perfect at the last centerfire shoot:
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Good shooting Lawrence. Are those shoots open to the public?

Jason

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by 16bore
I was shooting one day and a bystander was laughing because I was shooting 223 ammo in a 30-06 gun and was ashamed.

Yeah, the laughing turned to tears of joy (I think) from my competitors, after I shot a perfect at the last centerfire shoot:
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

I was sure wishing my CTR was a short action that day....

The CTRs are absolute hammers, I shot my only honest 0.25" 5 shot group with mine. I had a .308, if it was a Creed-Bro I'd still have it. I'm sure I'll get one in the future, truth be told, I like the CTR/TRG mags better than standard AICS (Gasp!).

Last edited by Gtscotty; 12/18/19.
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I dislike short action rifles because they don’t allow you to mount a decent scope correctly in most cases.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
I get a case of the s hits when I even see the name written!! crazy eek

Even birds know not to land downwind!
IC B2

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Sharpsman

Is that from actually using one ?

It might cure you .

Jerry

jwall- *** 3100 guy***

A Flat Trajectory is Never a Handicap

Speed is Trajectory's Friend !!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It’s called the Shikkas. I read it in a medical journal. Basically what happens is people over exert themselves trying to get junk rifles to shoot, then some punk shows up with a box of Corlokts and is dialed in with 3-4 rounds. There is no known cure for the Shikkas. Therapy is basically getting oneself familiar with the cause, then easing into recovery.

Tikkaphobia is contagious. “Tik-Phobes” can be found around older gun shops, usually in a corner surrounded by antique rifles and mumbling.

There’s also been outbreaks in Alaska, according to recent studys.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Most of the shortcomings listed in this thread (and most like it) are either: a) personal preference; or, b) overblown speculation based on hearsay about a couple of occurrences. I know, I know, we will have couple of people who will say, "B.S. I've personally had five trigger guards break (or bolt shrouds explode or magazines lost, blah, blah, blah)".

I don't play the lottery; but, I should. I've never had a Remington bolt handle fall off, never had a Kimber Montana that wasn't accurate beyond my capabilities, never had a Tikka (everything in this thread) occur, never had a Glock Kaboom, never had a 1911 grip safety interfere or fail in any way, never had a problem with a Winchester model 70 irrespective of its manufacturing location, never had a problem with any of my non-JM stamped Marlins, etc., etc. I know these things and others have definitely occurred. And I won't call anybody who claims such here a liar. However, most of these issues get overblown by knuckleheads like me on internet forums like this one espousing for or against things which are or aren't our own personal preference.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by TheBigSky
Most of the shortcomings listed in this thread (and most like it) are either: a) personal preference; or, b) overblown speculation based on hearsay about a couple of occurrences. I know, I know, we will have couple of people who will say, "B.S. I've personally had five trigger guards break (or bolt shrouds explode or magazines lost, blah, blah, blah)".

I don't play the lottery; but, I should. I've never had a Remington bolt handle fall off, never had a Kimber Montana that wasn't accurate beyond my capabilities, never had a Tikka (everything in this thread) occur, never had a Glock Kaboom, never had a 1911 grip safety interfere or fail in any way, never had a problem with a Winchester model 70 irrespective of its manufacturing location, never had a problem with any of my non-JM stamped Marlins, etc., etc. I know these things and others have definitely occurred. And I won't call anybody who claims such here a liar. However, most of these issues get overblown by knuckleheads like me on internet forums like this one espousing for or against things which are or aren't our own personal preference.

Ditto.

And I haven’t been eating by a wild animal chasing me with a PF Winchester.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
Originally Posted by 10gaugemag
Originally Posted by tzone
I don't like that they don't fit me very well. The stock is a milk jug and feels like one too. I've owned 3 and only one of them was a tack driver. I also don't like the one action size for everything. In the grand scheme of things, that part probably doesn't mean anything...but I don't like it.

Before the bumped the prices way up, they did have some appeal because it is a well build gun for the most part. But when the prices got raised up...there are other guns that appeal to me more.

With that price increase could have came a true short action and/or a hinged floorplate for those of us that want options.

Given an short action and hinged floorplate or blind mag I would be all over one.

Damn sure good shooters but those are the things that kill it for me.

I love the short action complaint.

You’re talking about less than 1/2” and four ounces. Like it matters.

P

It matters to me. It's something I said I don't like and also stated that it really doesn't amount to anything. I just don't like it. Whether it's on a Tikka, Savage, or anything else. He asked for reasons why we don't like them and I listed them.

Tikka owners seem to have some soft skin when it comes to their guns. There are plenty of guns I'd pick a Tikka over. But there are plenty I'll take over a Tikka too. It's nice to have options.

Camp is where you make it.
IC B3

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by ponderosa11
I’d be curious how many Tikka owners have found themselves inconvenienced by the lack of a true short action. And how many people who criticize the Tikka for this buy Remington 700’s in 223 when the Howa Mini Action is available?

I get it, though. It’s a cost saving measure. I held off on buying a Tikka for a while because I didn’t want to feel like I had a budget gun. When I finally got a Tikka and took it to the range, all the little things stopped bothering me pretty quick.

I haven't experienced the accuracy from them that others have. Maybe it's because the stock doesn't fit me well at all. I have outstanding accuracy from Kimbers and M70's that others don't experience, and those fit me like a glove.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Tikka owners seem to have some soft skin when it comes to their guns. There are plenty of guns I'd pick a Tikka over. But there are plenty I'll take over a Tikka too. It's nice to have options.

I haven't noticed a lot of defensiveness in this thread. But it is natural for people to get emotionally invested in things they've spend a lot of money on. Can you think of a gun whose owners don't get defensive about their guns? I'd imagine if I started a thread asking for criticisms of the Remington 700 or the Winchester 70, there would be plenty of hurt feelings.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Sharpsman

grin grin

LMAO

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Tikka's are the Keto Diet of guns.

The people that have them MUST try to convince you that there is nothing better on the planet. grin

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
You know how you can tell guy shoots a Tikka?

They'll tell you within a minute of conversation. laugh laugh laugh

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by colorado11

I haven't noticed a lot of defensiveness in this thread. But it is natural for people to get emotionally invested in things they've spend a lot of money on. Can you think of a gun whose owners don't get defensive about their guns? I'd imagine if I started a thread asking for criticisms of the Remington 700 or the Winchester 70, there would be plenty of hurt feelings.

See!!

grin grin

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by 16bore
It’s called the Shikkas. I read it in a medical journal. Basically what happens is people over exert themselves trying to get junk rifles to shoot, then some punk shows up with a box of Corlokts and is dialed in with 3-4 rounds. There is no known cure for the Shikkas. Therapy is basically getting oneself familiar with the cause, then easing into recovery.

Tikkaphobia is contagious. “Tik-Phobes” can be found around older gun shops, usually in a corner surrounded by antique rifles and mumbling.

There’s also been outbreaks in Alaska, according to recent studys.

laugh

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

The people that have them MUST try to convince you that there is nothing better on the planet. grin

And for the love of all that is holy, do not ever get a Tikka 6.5 Creedmoor owner started.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard

And for the love of all that is holy, do not ever get a Tikka 6.5 Creedmoor owner started.

Don't tell em a Ruger American is cheaper and is available in short action and may damn well outshoot the Tikkler. Probably won't rust as easily either since it didn't take the boat to get here.

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by 10gaugemag

Don't tell em a Ruger American is cheaper and is available in short action and may damn well outshoot the Tikkler. Probably won't rust as easily either since it didn't take the boat to get here.

Oh they definitely rust!

Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

427 members (1_deuce, 204guy, 1moredeer, 160user, 06hunter59, 257wthbylover, 56 invisible), 2,615 guests, and 1,250 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,238
Posts18,485,824
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.