Hop To
Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by tzone
Tikka's are the Keto Diet of guns.

The people that have them MUST try to convince you that there is nothing better on the planet. grin

Hey zone, I'm not one of those. I have 2 Tikkas, T3Lite SS & T3XLite SS and I DO like them.
However I readily admit there are BETTER rifles on the market. I'm just NOT willing to pay the $$$$ difference.

I'd Love to have an older Colt Sauer in 1 of 3 diff cartridges.
I'd also love to have an older Sako and EVEN a Wby MkV in NOT a Wby caliber ( I know cartridge ).
There are others as well but they ALL cost lots more $$$$.

IMO for the $$$$ it's hard to beat a Tikka T3 Lite SS. In 16 yrs mine has not rusted.

Jerry

jwall- *** 3100 guy***

A Flat Trajectory is Never a Handicap

Speed is Trajectory's Friend !!
HR IC

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by jwall

The people that have them MUST try to convince you that there is nothing better on the planet. grin

Hey zone, I'm not one of those. I have 2 Tikkas, T3Lite SS & T3XLite SS and I DO like them.
However I readily admit there are BETTER rifles on the market. I'm just NOT willing to pay the $$$$ difference.

I'd also love to have an older Sako and EVEN a Wby MkV in NOT a Wby caliber ( I know cartridge ).

IMO for the $$$$ it's hard to beat a Tikka T3 Lite SS. In 16 yrs mine has not rusted.

Jerry

I know. I’m just makin funnies. I never had any rust on mine either.

Camp is where you make it.
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
I’ve seen a lot of Tikkas..... burst a lot of “Custom Rifle” bubbles...

You better pray to the God of Skinny Punks that this wind doesn't pick up......
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Love’em.....hate’em....I don’t think there’s another rifle that you can pull off the rack with a random box of ammo and have the first 3 shots go sub MOA.

Seen it...

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I’ve had one, a sst T3 in 300 wsm that came with a Nikon scope from a local pawn shop for $425. It shot around an inch with a box of the cheap federal Deer Thug ammo, but recoil was significant so I sold it and the remaining ammo. Things I liked were the trigger was very crisp, the action was smooth and it balanced well. In a lesser caliber I would have kept it.

CK
IC B2

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by 4th_point
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Yeah, the laughing turned to tears of joy (I think) from my competitors, after I shot a perfect at the last centerfire shoot:
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Good shooting Lawrence. Are those shoots open to the public?

Jason

Yeah Jason. Send me a PM and I'll get you some info. If I remember, you are way southwest of me. I'd love to get some more guys in on these shoots. Some of these guys are great shooters. One guy in particular loves bringing out his old steven's 200 223 rem and laying in 5/8" 10 shot groups on the x ring. You really got to be on your game to shoot against that old sob!!!! Truth be told, I really don't like taking my CTR to those shoots, it's more of a longrange hammer. I will continiously hit the 2" diameter plate at 400 yards with it and the 140 gr. ELD match handloads I run. My other CTR is not quite as accurate, but it still does pretty good:

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by ponderosa11
I’d be curious how many Tikka owners have found themselves inconvenienced by the lack of a true short action. And how many people who criticize the Tikka for this buy Remington 700’s in 223 when the Howa Mini Action is available?

I get it, though. It’s a cost saving measure. I held off on buying a Tikka for a while because I didn’t want to feel like I had a budget gun. When I finally got a Tikka and took it to the range, all the little things stopped bothering me pretty quick.

I haven't experienced the accuracy from them that others have. Maybe it's because the stock doesn't fit me well at all. I have outstanding accuracy from Kimbers and M70's that others don't experience, and those fit me like a glove.

Don't feel bad tzone. I have a buddy that can't shot a Tikka to save his life:

We've all seen guys at the range with this problem. It happens. Then there's me and my other buddy (Mark) with the same rifle:
............ so you can't blame the poor accuracy from the groups (3 shot groups) above, shot by my buddy Troy.... This would also explain why some guys really prefer shooting 3 shot groups... When a guy says, 3 shot groups are good enough, they are usually shooters like my buddy Troy.... Nuff said.. He does shoot the hell out of deer though wink..... Just sayin.. I don't think I've ever had another 5.9 pound rifle shoot this good:
Just to confirm the rifle is pretty consistent.... I'm hanging on to this one.. I have nothing at all to complain about with this T3x Superlite...

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Troy is yanking the trigger.

Load it for him, don’t let him look, empty chamber, watch his form. He’ll jump at the click.

P

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Took out my T3X lite Creed today and tried some of the factory Eld-x ammo for the first time. First 5 shot group at 100 yards came in at .57” and then the first 5 shot group at 200 yards was 1.27”. At 200 yards 4 of the 5 shots measured .82”!

I have 4 T3X’s and all are crazy accurate but this Creed is amazing! I have a Mcmillan on my 308 SL but I think I truly like the factory stock better.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Sally Struthers has a commercial out for those suffering from T.D.S. Tikka De-Range Syndrome. Not to be confused with that other “TDS”

For just $0.87 a day...you can help a Remington owner cope with the loss of accuracy and confidence. That’s one 30-06 round....One round per day could help bring joy to someone suffering.

Won’t....you....help?

Please call 1-800-NOM-OTDS.

Your donation is greatly appreciated.

Once a month we’ll send you targets showing the progress of the TDS candidate you sponsor. Please call today and we’ll also include a certificate of achievement, suitable for framing.

Won’t you call?

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by 16bore
Sally Struthers has a commercial out for those suffering from T.D.S. Tikka De-Range Syndrome. Not to be confused with that other “TDS”

For just $0.87 a day...you can help a Remington owner cope with the loss of accuracy and confidence. That’s one 30-06 round....One round per day could help bring joy to someone suffering.

Won’t....you....help?

Once a month we’ll send you targets showing the progress of the TDS candidate you sponsor. Please call today and we’ll also include a certificate of achievement, suitable for framing.

Won’t you call?

smile

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by jeeper
Originally Posted by 16bore

Won’t....you....help?

Won’t you call?

smile

16 - you ain’t got enuff to do. lol

jwall- *** 3100 guy***

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I just ordered another Tikka, a T3x Varmint in .223. Blued, but I’m okay with it. $681 from Eurooptic.

P

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Maybe I'm too late, maybe not.

Serious, no joke.

I got an email today: Locked & Loaded.com

Tikka T3X Lite SS 6.5 Creed , 24.3" bll

$ 499.99

Great Buy, Great Rifle - Not Interested in Cartridge

There It Is !!

I don't know anything about L & L .com !! Check them out first.

Jerry

jwall- *** 3100 guy***

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by jwall

Jerry

Lol

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

585 members (10gaugemag, 007FJ, 01Foreman400, 06hunter59, 10ring1, 10gaugeman, 57 invisible), 2,267 guests, and 1,250 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,261
Posts18,486,431
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.