Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
O
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
O
How can you vote for a democrat in any election when your party clearly hates Christians? My guess is you are way too brainwashed to know any better.

January 17, 2019

Today's Democrats: Anti-Christian, Anti-Israel, Anti-God
By Trevor Thomas

Anyone who considers himself a friend of God must have at least great pause when it comes to modern Democrats. Seldom has a major American political party so distanced itself from the notion that, as President John Adams pointed out, "righteousness exalteth a nation but sin is a reproach to any people."

This is what happens when "live your truth" is the prevailing moral position. No one should be surprised that politicians who support the "right" to kill children in the womb, who championed the legal redefinition of marriage, and who now pretend we can no longer rely on science, or common sense, or even simply our eyes to tell us who is a male and who is a female, would display open animus against people whose faith tells them such positions are immoral, and who live according to the notion that there is such a thing as absolute truth.

If something is immoral, then perhaps it should be illegal. If there is such a thing as absolute truth, then perhaps our laws should reflect that truth. Democrats just can't take the chance that such thinking will prevail. Thus, unless Christians can manage to get themselves elected, our role in our government is increasingly imperiled.

This is especially true of Christians who wish to serve in the Judiciary. Because liberals have long seen the courts as a "super-Legislature" that they can use to enact their perverse agenda, Brett Kavanaugh will be far from the last Christian conservative judge who will draw the ire of Democrats who wish to derail such nominations.

Before Justice Kavanaugh, there were Robert Bork, Clarence Thomas, and Amy Coney Barrett and her loud "dogma." Now we have "Sir" Brian C. Buescher of the Knights of Columbus. Democrat senators Kamala Harris and Mazie Hirono recently implied that Judge Buescher's membership in the two million-strong, 136-year-old Catholic service organization makes him unfit for the federal courts.

What really troubled the Senate Democrats is the position of the Knights of Columbus on abortion and marriage. Never mind that such positions are perfectly in line with centuries-old teachings of the Catholic Church and that disqualification on such grounds would bar from public service every Catholic who actually adheres to the Church's teachings. As Matthew Continetti rightly notes:

My concern is the anti-Catholic sentiment manifest in the Democratic Party. Last March, Feinstein demanded to know if Michael Scudder, now confirmed to the Seventh Circuit, worked with his parish "to establish a residential crisis pregnancy center." Last May, Senator Sheldon Whitehouse of Rhode Island asked Peter J. Phipps, now confirmed as a district court judge, about the Knights. Last October, Feinstein, Harris, and three other Democrats wanted to know about the relationship between Fourth Circuit nominee Allison Jones Rushing and the Alliance Defending Freedom, a Christian nonprofit that supports religious liberty. Last November, Feinstein asked Third Circuit nominee Paul Matey, "If confirmed, will you recuse yourself from all cases in which the Knights of Columbus have taken a position?

Right-minded Catholics should thank God that Trump was elected. As Rod Dreher reported, a "new Wikileaks dump from Clinton campaign chief John Podesta's emails reveals that Podesta created a couple of activist groups for the sake of undermining the Catholic bishops and the Church's authority." As Thomas Peters tweeted, "the head of Clinton's campaign has been organizing to fracture a major religion." Or, as Dreher rightly noted:

t the senior level of the Democratic Party's brain trust, a Clinton political operative – a Catholic! – created front groups specifically to undermine the authority of the Catholic bishops, and to separate the bishops from the people, as well as to secretly undermine Catholic teaching to make it more friendly to the Democratic Party's agenda. Podesta ought to be excommunicated.

Continetti notes that Democrats have not limited their religious bigotry to Catholics:

Baptists and Episcopalians are also under scrutiny. In June 2017, Bernie Sanders clashed with Russell Vought, now acting director of the Office of Management and Budget, over a blog post Vought had written regarding Islam that several Muslim groups considered Islamophobic. "I'm a Christian, and I believe in a Christian set of principles based on my faith," Vought said. By the end of the exchange, Sanders said, "I would simply say, Mr. Chairman, that this nominee is really not someone who is what this country is supposed to be about."

Democrats also opposed Mike Pompeo's nomination as secretary of state because of how his Christian faith informs and impacts his politics. Pompeo – a Presbyterian – has served as a deacon, is open about his faith, and has also indicated that he actually believes what the Bible says about life, sex, and marriage. In November 2017, Sheldon Whitehouse critically questioned federal district court nominee Trevor McFadden – an Anglican – over his church's traditional teachings on marriage and the family.

Along with targeting Christians who believe what the Bible reveals on the significant moral issues of our time, modern Democrats have also targeted Jews and the nation of Israel.

As John Perazzo recently noted, the black left is littered with racists and anti-Semites. These Jew-haters are not mere race pimps and publicity prostitutes à la Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson, but are also elected Democrats. As Warren Henry revealed last year, "Democrats are fielding even more anti-Semitic candidates for Congress." They're not just running, but winning.

As Henry points out, Michigan representative Rashida Tlaib – who profanely promised to impeach President Trump – "is representative of the Democratic Party's gradual march beyond the embrace of candidates and officials who criticize Israeli policy or its current government to a much uglier place in politics." Like a growing number of Democrats in Congress, Tlaib supports a "one-state solution" to the Israeli-Palestinian conflict, along with the "boycott, divestment, sanctions" (BDS) movement.

Henry also notes:

The founders and leaders of the BDS movement support a "one-state solution" that destroys Israel as Jewish state. The movement is the intellectual descendant of the 1945 Arab boycott, which did not distinguish between Jews and Israel. It is based on the premise that Israel is a racist apartheid state requiring the sort of action once taken against South Africa.

Marc Greendorfer recently revealed:

While BDS has risen in the United States, so has anti-Semitism. Anti-Semitic incidents have spiked from a low point of 751 incidents in 2013 to nearly 2,000 in 2017. It is no coincidence that the spread of a movement that demonizes Jews has had the same effect in the U.S. that similar campaigns had in the last 2,000 years.

The real agenda of BDS is the destruction of Israel. Robert P. George of Princeton warns that leading Democrats will soon altogether turn on Israel. The modern left hates Israel because the existence of a nation called Israel is among the greatest evidence that the God of the Bible is real. They hate God, so they hate Israel.

This is also why the left hates Christianity. Authentic Christianity points people to the truth. As a California church recently declared, "Bruce Jenner is still a man. Homosexuality is still a sin. The culture may change, the Bible does not."

The left's deceit seems to know no bounds, thus we are left debating what was once almost universally accepted. This is what results when a major political party is so often opposed to the truth.

Link

Last edited by Oldelkhunter; 12/22/19.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Christianity and the modern day Democratic party are mutually exclusive. Their platform is directly opposed to so many things the Bible teaches and they can't be reconciled.

Mat 7:22 Many will say to me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and in your name drive out demons and perform many miracles?’
23 Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!’

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Been this way since there was two parties and Christianity.

Half the people you go to church with vote Democrat.

Last edited by Jim_Conrad; 12/22/19.

I am MAGA.
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Not sure how someone could follow Christ and support a Democrat. Christianity has become so diluted that the term is almost meaningless anymore.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M

You can’t be both! memtb

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“I’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Most Christian democrats are old, 70-80s

Old = stupid

can't argue with them about democrats killin babies, they don't believe it's real. When the most drama in your life is Murder She Wrote reruns and a leaf blower fuggin up your nap, they won't hear of anything bad being preached about democrats.

I'm in a Sunday School with about 15 people, most are old and voted democrat.
Blows me the fugk away, half of em are so blasted on prozac I doubt they even knew Obama was a negro. Just old fools.

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
How can you vote for a democrat in any election when your party clearly hates Christians? My guess is you are way too brainwashed to know any better.

January 17, 2019

By Trevor Thomas

Anyone who considers himself a friend of God must have at least great pause when it comes to modern Democrats. Seldom has a major American political party so distanced itself from the notion that, as President John Adams pointed out, "righteousness exalteth a nation but sin is a reproach to any people."

Ya'll need to ask yourself a few questions:

1. Are we considering both Roman Catholics and Protestants Christians?
2. Did you know that many Protestant denominations support abortion?
3. Did you know that many Protestant leaders don't really believe all the things in the Bible are true? Roman Catholics believe the Church and tradition trumps the Bible so they don't think everything in the Bible is true either. The Protestant leaders have to say the Bible is true because their jobs depend on it. They are as much anti-God as the ones who admit they're anti-God and anti-Christian; they just hide it better.
4. Did you know there are Roman Catholics that were elected to public office as Democrats? The former governor of CA, Jerry Brown attended a Jesuit University and studied for the priesthood. Governor Christopher Newsom of CA is Roman Catholic. Governor Mike DeWine of OH is Roman Catholic. All of these are Democrats.
5. When Democrats come into office there are some things they consistently support. Those things are no capital punishment, taking from the rich to give to the poor (through taxes) and gun control. Mexico which used to be 90% Roman Catholic (probably a little lower percentage now) has had gun control and no capital punishment for decades. Funny CA wishes to let everyone in from Mexico. Ask yourself why. True, Roman Catholics oppose abortion though at times an exception is made if it's a priest that got a nun pregnant.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by memtb

You can’t be both! memtb

True

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Isn't Piglosi Catholic.? Is she a Christian?

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Either a Catholic or a Protestant is a Christian IF he believes that Jesus is God and that he rose from the dead. God will forgive any sin (with 1 exception) if the person sincerely repents. There are plenty of non-Christians in any church, Catholic or Protestant.
Some denominations support abortion and they'll be dealt with accordingly in God's good time.
Yes, there are ministers and other church leaders and officials who don't believe the Bible is true. That also applies to Catholic priests, all the way to the Vatican. The TV ministry is overloaded with them. For them, it's all about money.

Here's a repeat of the passage I quoted before. It applies in all churches and at all levels.

Mat 7:22 Many will say to me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and in your name drive out demons and perform many miracles?’
23 Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!’

― George Orwell

IC B3

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
You can’t be a Christian and be a Democrat!

Even birds know not to land downwind!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by slumlord

Old = stupid

can't argue with them about democrats killin babies, they don't believe it's real. When the most drama in your life is Murder She Wrote reruns and a leaf blower fuggin up your nap, they won't hear of anything bad being preached about democrats.

Blows me the fugk away, half of em are so blasted on prozac I doubt they even knew Obama was a negro. Just old fools.

Though slumlord likes to make fun at everything, he's pretty much right about this. I know a number of people that fall into that category, and they will all tell you that the Republicans are just making all that stuff up, stuff like abortions and the Democrats war on Christianity.

They simply refuse to believe that the Democrat Party that they knew 50 years ago, could have morphed into what it has became today......and even more importantly, they can't believe that the Republican Party, that once went to war against the South for leaving the Union and was the party of evil "big business", could today be the one party that still protects their SA rights and their religious rights.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by JamesJr

Old = stupid

Though slumlord likes to make fun at everything, he's pretty much right about this. I know a number of people that fall into that category, and they will all tell you that the Republicans are just making all that stuff up, stuff like abortions and the Democrats war on Christianity.

They simply refuse to believe that the Democrat Party that they knew 50 years ago, could have morphed into what it has became today......and even more importantly, they can't believe that the Republican Party, that once went to war against the South for leaving the Union and was the party of evil "big business", could today be the one party that still protects their SA rights and their religious rights.

Blacks in particular are totally blind to the damage the Dem party has done to their race.

― George Orwell

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter

January 17, 2019

By Trevor Thomas

This is what happens when "live your truth" is the prevailing moral position. No one should be surprised that politicians who support the "right" to kill children in the womb, who championed the legal redefinition of marriage, and who now pretend we can no longer rely on science, or common sense, or even simply our eyes to tell us who is a male and who is a female, would display open animus against people whose faith tells them such positions are immoral, and who live according to the notion that there is such a thing as absolute truth.

If something is immoral, then perhaps it should be illegal. If there is such a thing as absolute truth, then perhaps our laws should reflect that truth. Democrats just can't take the chance that such thinking will prevail. Thus, unless Christians can manage to get themselves elected, our role in our government is increasingly imperiled.

This is especially true of Christians who wish to serve in the Judiciary. Because liberals have long seen the courts as a "super-Legislature" that they can use to enact their perverse agenda, Brett Kavanaugh will be far from the last Christian conservative judge who will draw the ire of Democrats who wish to derail such nominations.

Before Justice Kavanaugh, there were Robert Bork, Clarence Thomas, and Amy Coney Barrett and her loud "dogma." Now we have "Sir" Brian C. Buescher of the Knights of Columbus. Democrat senators Kamala Harris and Mazie Hirono recently implied that Judge Buescher's membership in the two million-strong, 136-year-old Catholic service organization makes him unfit for the federal courts.

What really troubled the Senate Democrats is the position of the Knights of Columbus on abortion and marriage. Never mind that such positions are perfectly in line with centuries-old teachings of the Catholic Church and that disqualification on such grounds would bar from public service every Catholic who actually adheres to the Church's teachings. As Matthew Continetti rightly notes:

My concern is the anti-Catholic sentiment manifest in the Democratic Party. Last March, Feinstein demanded to know if Michael Scudder, now confirmed to the Seventh Circuit, worked with his parish "to establish a residential crisis pregnancy center." Last May, Senator Sheldon Whitehouse of Rhode Island asked Peter J. Phipps, now confirmed as a district court judge, about the Knights. Last October, Feinstein, Harris, and three other Democrats wanted to know about the relationship between Fourth Circuit nominee Allison Jones Rushing and the Alliance Defending Freedom, a Christian nonprofit that supports religious liberty. Last November, Feinstein asked Third Circuit nominee Paul Matey, "If confirmed, will you recuse yourself from all cases in which the Knights of Columbus have taken a position?

Right-minded Catholics should thank God that Trump was elected. As Rod Dreher reported, a "new Wikileaks dump from Clinton campaign chief John Podesta's emails reveals that Podesta created a couple of activist groups for the sake of undermining the Catholic bishops and the Church's authority." As Thomas Peters tweeted, "the head of Clinton's campaign has been organizing to fracture a major religion." Or, as Dreher rightly noted:

[A]t the senior level of the Democratic Party's brain trust, a Clinton political operative – a Catholic! – created front groups specifically to undermine the authority of the Catholic bishops, and to separate the bishops from the people, as well as to secretly undermine Catholic teaching to make it more friendly to the Democratic Party's agenda. Podesta ought to be excommunicated.

Continetti notes that Democrats have not limited their religious bigotry to Catholics:

Baptists and Episcopalians are also under scrutiny. In June 2017, Bernie Sanders clashed with Russell Vought, now acting director of the Office of Management and Budget, over a blog post Vought had written regarding Islam that several Muslim groups considered Islamophobic. "I'm a Christian, and I believe in a Christian set of principles based on my faith," Vought said. By the end of the exchange, Sanders said, "I would simply say, Mr. Chairman, that this nominee is really not someone who is what this country is supposed to be about."

Democrats also opposed Mike Pompeo's nomination as secretary of state because of how his Christian faith informs and impacts his politics. Pompeo – a Presbyterian – has served as a deacon, is open about his faith, and has also indicated that he actually believes what the Bible says about life, sex, and marriage. In November 2017, Sheldon Whitehouse critically questioned federal district court nominee Trevor McFadden – an Anglican – over his church's traditional teachings on marriage and the family.

Along with targeting Christians who believe what the Bible reveals on the significant moral issues of our time, modern Democrats have also targeted Jews and the nation of Israel.

As John Perazzo recently noted, the black left is littered with racists and anti-Semites. These Jew-haters are not mere race pimps and publicity prostitutes à la Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson, but are also elected Democrats. As Warren Henry revealed last year, "Democrats are fielding even more anti-Semitic candidates for Congress." They're not just running, but winning.

As Henry points out, Michigan representative Rashida Tlaib – who profanely promised to impeach President Trump – "is representative of the Democratic Party's gradual march beyond the embrace of candidates and officials who criticize Israeli policy or its current government to a much uglier place in politics." Like a growing number of Democrats in Congress, Tlaib supports a "one-state solution" to the Israeli-Palestinian conflict, along with the "boycott, divestment, sanctions" (BDS) movement.

Henry also notes:

The founders and leaders of the BDS movement support a "one-state solution" that destroys Israel as Jewish state. The movement is the intellectual descendant of the 1945 Arab boycott, which did not distinguish between Jews and Israel. It is based on the premise that Israel is a racist apartheid state requiring the sort of action once taken against South Africa.

Marc Greendorfer recently revealed:

While BDS has risen in the United States, so has anti-Semitism. Anti-Semitic incidents have spiked from a low point of 751 incidents in 2013 to nearly 2,000 in 2017. It is no coincidence that the spread of a movement that demonizes Jews has had the same effect in the U.S. that similar campaigns had in the last 2,000 years.

The real agenda of BDS is the destruction of Israel. Robert P. George of Princeton warns that leading Democrats will soon altogether turn on Israel. The modern left hates Israel because the existence of a nation called Israel is among the greatest evidence that the God of the Bible is real. They hate God, so they hate Israel.

This is also why the left hates Christianity. Authentic Christianity points people to the truth. As a California church recently declared, "Bruce Jenner is still a man. Homosexuality is still a sin. The culture may change, the Bible does not."

The left's deceit seems to know no bounds, thus we are left debating what was once almost universally accepted. This is what results when a major political party is so often opposed to the truth.

Link

Christianity isn't monolithic. There's over 30,000+ sects each with their own varying beliefs. This is just an example of a member of one sect attempting to speak for all the other 29,999+ other sects.

Last edited by antelope_sniper; 12/22/19.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck

Old = stupid

Blacks in particular are totally blind to the damage the Dem party has done to their race.

Yes, but they put up a very good act, as most of their church activity is political in nature. Okay Campfire members get ready for this.........I am friends, yes really, with a local Black man who is a deacon in his church. Very good guy, hardworking, family man, devoted son and parent........gives money to the Democrat Party, and was a huge Obama and Hillary fan.

I don't get it.....and I don't think he does either. I also know that in the 1950's when I was a kid, my grandmother was a pool worker in the local election, and I went with her on election day, and remember that this man's family were registered Republicans, as were all the local Negroes.

What happened to change that............the Civil Rights Act and the ensuing welfare and affirmative action programs that the Democrats passed.

Last edited by JamesJr; 12/22/19.
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Well, we are starting from a position of people believing in some Jewish virgin giving birth to a child that is both the daddy and the son.

Obviously, critical thinking is in short supply

'If you say the parent you were most afraid when you were a kid was your dad, you grew up in the city.'
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G

Old = stupid

Then how does a 95% white state, like Minnesota, vote for HILLARY? I can keep going if it helps.

'If you say the parent you were most afraid when you were a kid was your dad, you grew up in the city.'
N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Originally Posted by Girlhunter

Old = stupid

Then how does a 95% white state, like Minnesota, vote for HILLARY? I can keep going if it helps.

NH is just as guilty...........and it can be mostly attributed to the northern migration of urban MAssholes. UNH, PSU, KSC and other academic centers across the State drive the final nail.
Dump a large percentage of young, left leaning students into an area with a typical NH population and the results are inevitable.
We’ve been able to hold the line at a State level because most local politicians know what topics spell political suicide. That’s changing as well.

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
B
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
B
YOU CANNOT BE A CHRISTIAN AND A dem!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MOLON LABE
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Yes, but they put up a very good act, as most of their church activity is political in nature. Okay Campfire members get ready for this.........I am friends, yes really, with a local Black man who is a deacon in his church. Very good guy, hardworking, family man, devoted son and parent........gives money to the Democrat Party, and was a huge Obama and Hillary fan.

I don't get it.....and I don't think he does either. I also know that in the 1950's when I was a kid, my grandmother was a pool worker in the local election, and I went with her on election day, and remember that this man's family were registered Republicans, as were all the local Negroes.

What happened to change that............the Civil Rights Act and the ensuing welfare and affirmative action programs that the Democrats passed.

Your friend is like most Negros . . . he puts "rece" (skin color) above all else, as the most important factor in his life.

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

214 members (2ndwind, 24HourCampFireGuy50, 204guy, 10gaugemag, 1_deuce, 17Fan, 30 invisible), 2,301 guests, and 1,105 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,079
Posts18,501,593
Members73,987
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.