Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
jnyork Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I have a 2004 Dodge Ram 3500, 4wd, Cummins engine with 6 speed manual, I have raised it from a pup, never been in the sagebrush, never been up in the rocks hunting elk, never used as a work truck. Just used it to pull my 5th wheel and haul household stuff. Really nice condition and I try to keep it that way, it has to last me until I dont need it any more.

Came out of the truckstop cafe noon Friday to find someone had keyed the side of my truck, SOB got the driver side doors and the whole truck bed panel. Will not rub out, scratches are clear down to the primer. Got to call the insurance Monday and see what they say. Rips my knickers. mad

Last edited by jnyork; 12/22/19.

[Linked Image]

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
People are [bleep].

'If you say the parent you were most afraid when you were a kid was your dad, you grew up in the city.'
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
I'm very, very slow to anger. But I'd hate to catch somebody destroying my property like that for no reason.

He'd have one very bad day and I'd have bad days for the rest of my life.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
That sucks.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
That’s a sorry thing to do.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Yuma? Winterhaven?

Originally Posted by jorgeI
...Actually Sycamore, you are sort of right....
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
hate to hear this, senseless act

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Sycamore
Yuma? Winterhaven?

Juan or Jose?

Beavis or Butthead, the Methheads?

do you have military service decals on it?
keyed by some pissed off, hates the military CA Soccer Mom, or Les Bian?

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
Trump sticker? Not that having one deserves it. Just curious.

Living in a world of G17s and 700s, wishing for P7s and 202s
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Asswholes.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I was sitting in my truck at the grocery store waiting on the better half one evening. A carload of twinkie fanatics parked next to me and prepared their mount and conquer strategy for the high fructose corn syrup isle and any others that got in their way. Once the plan was hatched a 400lb heifer threw the door open and into the rear fender of my truck. After the truck settled back down on all 4 wheels I gave em a WTF. Another 350lb heifer bellard out something about ho ho's and diet dr pepper and I decided it wasn't worth getting my blood pressure up.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Some years ago my wife had her car keyed by her daughter's ex-boyfriend.

Then there's this one:

Parents Ordered to Pay Thousands to Dealer After Child Scratches 10 Brand-New Cars
NEWS
A three-year-old child racked up quite the bill for her parents after a recent trip to an Audi dealership in China. Local news reports that the small child managed to get creative on a number of brand new vehicles while the parents shopped around the showroom floor. The child reportedly used a small stone to doodle on the fresh paint and sheet metal of brand-new Audi cars and SUVs, as the photos published by Guilin News show below.

The nightmarish scenario (for both parties), took place in Guilin, China, and while most of the models that were damaged weren't included in the news report, it does mention that some of the vehicles heavily scratched included an Audi Q3 and new 2020 Q8, which start at $34,700 and $68,200 in the U.S. Measurements taken by the dealership show that some of the scratches were as long as four inches, and in most cases, there were multiples per vehicle.

Initially, the dealership demanded $28,643 from the parents to compensate them for the damages. The dealership claimed that the cars could no longer be marketed as "new" and would need to be sold at a reduced price despite new paint jobs covering up the damages caused by the child. Management also claimed that hiding paint or touch-up work from the future buyers could pose a liability risk to them as all damage/repairs need to be disclosed at the point of sale.

Because the parents and dealership couldn't initially reach an agreement for the damages, the Lingui District People's Court of Guilin City got involved in the matter. The dispute was finally settled this month with the court ordering the parents pay the dealership $10,025, a number that albeit lower than the original sum, was reportedly tough for the parents to swallow.

The judge reminded the parents that their explanations for the child's actions such as "the child is still young" and "she is not sensible" aren't excuses to avoid legal responsibility. Instead, they were encouraged to use this as a lesson to strengthen the management of their child and teach her how to take care of belongings.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
That is a bad thing, I hope the insurance comes through.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Sorry to hear this happened. Any chance a security camera may have caught who did it?

Good luck with the insurance.

Member: Clan of the Turdlike People.

Courage is Fear that has said its Prayers

�If we ever forget that we are one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under.� Ronald Reagan.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Yep it sucks. Had a POS try to steal my truck by punching the keyhole on the passenger side. Have to slide over to unlock it every time. Still pisses me off.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Thermo-nuclear explosion theft and vandalism device inactive?

Last edited by Fireball2; 12/22/19.

LOL
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Sorry to hear, I know it sucks! I had a 72 LT-1 Corvette that got keyed out in a parking lot. Did make me wonder what I had done and if something caught up to me. I drove that thing a little aggressively!

It isn't what happens to you that defines you, it's what you DO about what happens to you that defines you!

NRA life member

Illinois State Rifle Association member
jnyork Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Seafire
Originally Posted by Sycamore
Yuma? Winterhaven?

Juan or Jose?

Beavis or Butthead, the Methheads?

do you have military service decals on it?
keyed by some pissed off, hates the military CA Soccer Mom, or Les Bian?

Happened in Yuma. Who the hell knows who might have done it, I have Wyoming plates on it and there are folks here who hate snowbirds. Yes, I have military bumper stickers and a NRA decal and they are going to stay right where they are.

[Linked Image]
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by urbaneruralite
Trump sticker? Not that having one deserves it. Just curious.

Beat me to it. I was busy reading other posts. Hopefully not, but my buddies have Trump bumper stickers on MAGNETS. All you have to do is to remember to pull 'em off after you park.

My home is the "sanctuary residence" for my firearms.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

600 members (007FJ, 10Glocks, 01Foreman400, 10gaugemag, 1lesfox, 1badf350, 62 invisible), 2,285 guests, and 1,254 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,704
Posts18,494,364
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.