Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 13 of 16 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 16
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
They were not listening to Christ.

So far, everything you have said is unsupported BS. Stuff you believe as fervently as any Christian does the Resurrection, but with even less proof.

Politics is War by Other Means

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Tyrone
They were not listening to Christ.

So far, everything you have said is unsupported BS. Stuff you believe as fervently as any Christian does the Resurrection, but with even less proof.

3,000 dead on 9/11 is not an unsupported assertion. Do you deny the hijackers were Muslim and following their moral system based upon their reading of their holy system?

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'm saying it's wrong, just like yours.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A

It has the same basis as your, and they claimed the same about you, your faith, and their victim, and their faith on that day.

The greatest of immoralities can be justified under Divine Command Theory. A simple example of this is how the Bible justifies the alleged genocide in Numbers 31.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
There's nothing mystical or magical about well being. Now you are just being obtuse.
As I said, your "moral system" falls apart without a infinite being.

Whaaaaa??????

If you must have an answer to every question, “infinite being” can’t only be the answer sometimes.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

This doesn’t sound very infinite being like.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
It has the same basis as your, and they claimed the same about you, your faith, and their victim, and their faith on that day.

The greatest of immoralities can be justified under Divine Command Theory. A simple example of this is how the Bible justifies the alleged genocide in Numbers 31.
No, it doesn't. My faith is attested by witnesses. Islam isn't.
The alleged "genocide" in Numbers 31 just shows your ignorance. You have no idea what happened to those people. Why are they any different than anyone else in history who passed away? You don't know. what if those people were judged righteously after death and those judged innocent are living in a paradise so wonderful that you can't even begin to imagine it? You don't know. You are a fool who supposes to be wiser than an infinite being.

Last edited by Tyrone; 12/23/19.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A

No, it doesn't. My faith is attested by witnesses. Islam isn't.
The alleged "genocide" in Numbers 31 just shows your ignorance. You have no idea what happened to those people. Why are they any different than anyone else in history who passed away? You don't know. what if those people were judged righteously after death and those judged innocent are living in a paradise so wonderful that you can't even begin to imagine it? You don't know. You are a fool who supposes to be wiser than an infinite being.

Great job displaying your ignorance. The Gospels are all anonymous. In contrast the Ḥadīths all have a trail of who allegedly heard the quote or witnessed the act of the Prophet Muhammad, along with the trail of who relayed it to who, and who first wrote it down. The Attestations of Islam far surpass those of Christianity.

As for Numbers 31, are you claiming it never happened, or that the genocide was justified?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Great job displaying your ignorance. The Gospels are all anonymous. In contrast the Ḥadīths all have a trail of who allegedly heard the quote or witnessed the act of the Prophet Muhammad, along with the trail of who relayed it to who, and who first wrote it down. The Attestations of Islam far surpass those of Christianity.

As for Numbers 31, are you claiming it never happened, or that the genocide was justified?
It doesn't matter what Mohammed said, he was even more selfish & stupid than you.

Re: Numbers 31 - I'm saying that God knows better than you. Your views come from an incomplete understanding I've why we are here and what awaits us after death.

BTW, we know who authored the Gospels, but we don't know who wrote all of them. Just like we know who the author is of your hero's book, "Dreams from My Father", we just aren't sure who wrote it.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A

It doesn't matter what Mohammed said, he was even more selfish & stupid than you.

Re: Numbers 31 - I'm saying that God knows better than you. Your views come from an incomplete understanding I've why we are here and what awaits us after death.

BTW, we know who authored the Gospels, but we don't know who wrote all of them. Just like we know who the author is of your hero's book, "Dreams from My Father", we just aren't sure who wrote it.

Come on Tyrone, you know I don't support Obama. You are better than this.

You asset "God knows better than you", but I see no good evidence for the god you use to justify your positions. Further this is an admission on your part that you are unable to properly analyze the morality of the above passage for yourself. If you were an independent moral agent, you wouldn't need to fall back on the week position of "good knows better", but be able to analyze it for yourself with out presupposing that because it appeared in a give book it's necessarily morally correct.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Again, you are presuming to know better than God. God said "Thou shalt not murder" so if He called for the deaths of some people, I'd think you'd understand that He had His reasons for doing so.

I don't think you even understand why God said "Thou shalt not murder". Maybe you could explain your understanding of it to me. Why is murder wrong, AS?

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Again, you are presuming to know better than God. God said "Thou shalt not murder" so if He called for the deaths of some people, I'd think you'd understand that He had His reasons for doing so.

I don't think you even understand why God said "Thou shalt not murder". Maybe you could explain your understanding of it to me. Why is murder wrong, AS?

Tyrone,

You have not met your burden of proof establishing your alleged god even exists. I cannot presume to know better than something for which I see no good reason to believe it even exists.

Can you justify your hatred of gays without resorting to the supernatural?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Irrespective of whether or not there is a God, how do YOU justify prohibitions against murder?

If I were to play the Devil's Advocate, I'd say your reasons are BS.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Irrespective of whether or not there is a God, how do YOU justify prohibitions against murder?

If I were to play the Devil's Advocate, I'd say your reasons are BS.

Normative ethics identifies such prohibitions as societal pacts that have obvious benefits for all members.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Kingston, murder seems to be working pretty well for some Drug lords and dictators, so therefore your assertion is false. And who decides what "benefits" are?

Perhaps there's a certain level where society benefits?

Anyway, your assertion is BS.

ETA: Here's another question - why would it be "normative"? Is the World designed like that or something? Can't we make our own reality?

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
The class “Drug Lords and Dictators” is extremely narrow. What benefits a minuscule subset of dissenters is hardly relevant. Your burden is to show how not having a prohibition against murder would benefit society at large.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Actually not. The history of the World is one of subjugation. The fact that you live in a free country is the exception in history, not the rule. In fact, I'd say it an exception even today.

https://reason.com/2014/05/15/be-antigovernment-and-proud/

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
From the Arabic...

√2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Remember, I'm just playing Devil's Advocate here.

I can easily say that you are simply jealous of people who take power. Nothing irrational about it. Do you really think that Xi is irrational? I could say that the prohibition on murder is just for the little people like you. A control mechanism that allows some to take & keep power.

There's only one argument that can make those reasons null & void. And neither you nor AS have it.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
You asked a question. I provided a contemporary answer to it.

I have no interest in a prolonged argument with someone entrenched in dogma.

Page 13 of 16 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 16

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

731 members (12344mag, 160user, 1eyedmule, 163bc, 10ring1, 007FJ, 83 invisible), 2,591 guests, and 1,264 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,728
Posts18,494,782
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.