Hop To
Page 12 of 16 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Originally Posted by Sharpsman
Seems as if there's always an EGOTISTICAL AS SHOLE that desires to impress all with how smart....they think they are!!

Boil it down,.....are you pro homo or anti?

Bristoe, I hesitate to wade into this “debate” but if that’s all it boils down to then I’m anti, but I don’t think that’s what it boils down to. I think that what 2 consenting adults do inside of the bedroom is not part of my decision making process. I don’t look at people and play “guess how freaky they are in bed”. 😁 Assuming we have 2 men equally qualified, equally experienced, equally....etc and I have to choose 1 man to hire but I knew one was gay, I’d choose the straight guy. If I didn’t know about either’s sexuality only to find out later that I chose the gay guy, I wouldn’t fire him, I wouldn’t hate him on that basis alone. If either was a flamer or tenderfoot they wouldn’t get an interview from me anyway so that lessens the odds greatly. 😁

What God thinks of homos or divorce or anything, that’s all that matters, not what I think.

I hope you have a warm fire going and are “suffering” from another case of complete contentment. Merry Christmas and may God bless you and your family in the coming year.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
GB1

A
add Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Robert_White
Anglo Saxon protestants created the greatest nation on earth...

Hot white truth.

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Hope President Trump is more careful with his Ambassador ta Poland.

They have more freedom there than we do.

Don’t try putting on a Drag Queen Story Hour in certain Polish towns — you’ll only get dragged away. In fact, more than 80 localities in the nation have explicitly declared themselves “LGBTQ-free zones,”

“nationalist groups and state-run media, has painted gay rights as a dangerous, alien ideology — imported from the decadent, liberal West"

https://www.thenewamerican.com/worl...q-free-declare-more-than-80-polish-towns

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Fubarski
Hope President Trump is more careful with his Ambassador ta Poland.

They have more freedom there than we do.

Don’t try putting on a Drag Queen Story Hour in certain Polish towns — you’ll only get dragged away. In fact, more than 80 localities in the nation have explicitly declared themselves “LGBTQ-free zones,”

“nationalist groups and state-run media, has painted gay rights as a dangerous, alien ideology — imported from the decadent, liberal West"

https://www.thenewamerican.com/worl...q-free-declare-more-than-80-polish-towns

How do you prove that you’re not gay?.....or worse...you are? 😂.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Tyrone
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Can you justify the morality of your position without appealing to the supernatural?
Actually, even *you* can't justify anything without an appeal to the supernatural.
It's actually pretty simple. The fact that you can't even imagine how it's possible demonstrates your narrow mindedness.

But it's not all that hard. You are plenty smart enough. I'll give you a hint, start with "well being".
The only difference is, your supernatural being has no will and no expectations. But, supernatural it is.

There's nothing mystical or magical about well being. Now you are just being obtuse.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
IC B2

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
What real difference does it make as long as he/she can get the job done?

And keep it to themselves?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by plainsman456

They never keep it to themselves.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Bristoe
In my opinion, heterosexual Caucasian males make the best representatives for America.

That's what I am and that's who I want representing me.

You're not alone in that feeling. They need to go back into the closet and stay there.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Gun_Geezer

Amen, brother, amen............that is the key to this discussion. Despite the fact that half of this country, and many on here as well, have accepted homosexuality, the fact remains that in many parts of the world it is still considered to be what it really is.............and abomination, not only according to God, but to man also. By putting a queer in a high government position, Trump is also putting our nation at risk.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A

Not true. Some are pretty private about it and try to keep it out of the work place.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
There's nothing mystical or magical about well being. Now you are just being obtuse.
As I said, your "moral system" falls apart without a infinite being.

Politics is War by Other Means
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J

They saw one on TV once........

I am MAGA.
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J

Whaaaaa??????

I am MAGA.
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A

Divine Command Theory as a system of morality isn't moral. If your moral system depends upon this, than you don't really have a moral system.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Not true. Some are pretty private about it and try to keep it out of the work place.

Okay......are you telling us that from personal experience?

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Stolen from one of The Fire's great philosophers on another thread:

Originally Posted by DigitalDan
FYI, I served side by side with "darkies", "messicans" and "chinks" in Nam and they were some of the best of the lot. One of my very best observers was black. Color blind and a dead ringer with an M-60 or M-16. Fella got me into so much fun....could spot a bunker complex 5 klicks away on the other side of the valley. One of our gun pilots during the first tour was Mex and saved my butt about 3 dozen times. Drop a 2.75" FFAR into your hip pocket he could. And Capt. Ho? Death from above and absolutely fearless.

The very best commander I served under was a one star "darky" and he was also the most brilliant tactical planner I ever witnessed in action. All of us Cav honkies would and did follow him into the gates of hell...sober as a priest. Combat is a crucible that quickly flushes the theory of racial superiority from either side of the fence. (emphasis not in original)

Question #1: If a black guy is color blind is he an oxymoron?

Question #2: Wanna reconsider the media BS linked above?

Service in the the military isn't about conscription or indentured servitude. It is an honor and duty as well as a short course on growing up. Volunteer military service is by definition, divisive. Barbarians on one side, snowflakes on the other. It is a seasoning that needs to be distributed widely in this country.

I don't think combat experience for POTUS is a good metric, but do think that prior military service should be required. It is difficult to effectively command something one knows nothing about.

Last edited by antelope_sniper; 12/23/19.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by JamesJr

Okay......are you telling us that from personal experience?

James, I've worked over 25 year in Finance. We have more than our fair share of gays in our industry, so yes, I can speak from experience. Some are very private about it. I've worked with some whom I know were gay, but never mentioned it in a work environment. Some only discuss it with those who ask. Occasionally you get those who are in your face about it, but they usually don't last very long in a professional environment. Can't say I have much experience with this last type, they are more the exception than the rule, probably because they don't last long.

Last edited by antelope_sniper; 12/23/19.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I've worked with a few people who I never knew were gay until someone closer to them mentioned it.

I've worked with some who were all about being gay. I prefer the former and I really don't give a sh** about a co-worker's sex life, as long as they keep it out of the workplace (as everyone should) and do their job effectively.

As far as homosexuality being a sin, I try not to put myself in the place of judging others' sins, and I come down right about here:

Originally Posted by AcesNeights

What God thinks of homos or divorce or anything, that’s all that matters, not what I think.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Divine Command Theory as a system of morality isn't moral. If your moral system depends upon this, than you don't really have a moral system.
And you do? That is laughable on it's face. In fact, you don't even know what a "moral system" is.

Politics is War by Other Means
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A

And you do? That is laughable on it's face. In fact, you don't even know what a "moral system" is.

9/11 Hijackers acted within their interpretation of Divine Command Theory. How did that work out?

Page 12 of 16 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

79 members (907brass, 44automag, 10gaugemag, 308xray, 300_savage, 10 invisible), 1,494 guests, and 872 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,387
Posts18,469,723
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.