-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A close friend came over one night. His wife (who was my wife's BFF) was divorcing him. We had a few beers in my garage and he was asking my advice on what to do. I told him to make sure he takes care of his 2 young children foremost, stay in their life, but you need to move on from Susie. "Lot of fish in the ocean" type advice.

He went home and the next morning unloaded a 357 into her while she slept in bed. Reloaded the revolver and shot himself in the head.

His young boy frantically called me after he'd unscrewed the master bedroom doorknob that morning. Not good.

I wish I could've talked him out of this.

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Things have worked out really good except for age creeping in faster all the time. If I could go back and change any thing it would change all the rest going forward so I'll just say things worked out for the best. My 35 year old son told me that I am wealthy because I'm satisfied with what I have.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.
Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
Hebrew Roots Judaizer
E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
I can't change the past so regrets really don't enter into my life. You make your choices in life so live with them.

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Regret falling for the "American Dream" crap.
Well that and the Brady Bunch boolsheet.

Learned people are not worth second chances. Most aint worth a first chance.

But that little brunette at the battle of the bands........yeah, shoulda seen what she was about (as in keeper or not).
Wonder how her booty looks now.
Was pretty decent then.

Last edited by hookeye; 12/23/19.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
I regret not railing the piss out of that hot little Virginia Beach high school teacher when she was begging me to. Had I known my slut wife was at home ffuukking a used car salesman, I would have.

Can you give me the teacher's name, please?

IC B2

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
not calling an ambulance soon enough

Charter Member
Ancient order of the 1895 Winchester

"It's an insecure and petite man who demands all others like what he likes and dislike what he dislikes."
szihn

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Morewood
A close friend came over one night. His wife (who was my wife's BFF) was divorcing him. We had a few beers in my garage and he was asking my advice on what to do. I told him to make sure he takes care of his 2 young children foremost, stay in their life, but you need to move on from Susie. "Lot of fish in the ocean" type advice.

He went home and the next morning unloaded a 357 into her while she slept in bed. Reloaded the revolver and shot himself in the head.

His young boy frantically called me after he'd unscrewed the master bedroom doorknob that morning. Not good.

I wish I could've talked him out of this.

Tough thing to live with, I wish you didn't have to.

I had a friend call me to say goodbye, told me he has his 38 against the side of his head and was going to end it when he hung up the phone, I didn't let him hang up the phone. Took me 3 hours to talk him out of it, I'm just glad I was able to think of the right things to say.

His problem was his wife was screwing another guy and he didn't want to be divorced.

We are no longer friends (Long Story) but things did work out good that day.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I.sold a lot of stuff through the years I should have kept and bought a bunch of stuff I shouldn't have.

Maker of the Frankenstud Sling Keeper
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by NH K9
Originally Posted by rockchucker
Originally Posted by NH K9
Originally Posted by rockchucker
we regret not having children. i will die an old lonely man unfortunately

No you won't............not so long as some of us outlive you.

On another note, which seems minor to some but not to me tonight, I regret not hugging my Dad before he and Mom left for the winter. I hugged my Mom, and told my Dad to drive safe and that I'd see them in February. We just had services today for a close friend of the family who died at 67. That made me think a bit...............the men of my family aren't 'huggers', but if I have the opportunity I'm going to correct that when I see him

u get a package?

I did, buddy! Thanks to you and Gwen! It didn't last long between the boy and I!

awesome ur welcome boss our pleasure

FJB
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I thought really hard about this and I couldn't think of anything I truly regretted until now,

I regret smoking.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I doubt there is enough server space if I got started. 😏
I regret not living for God more.
I regret losing my temper over little things.
I regret not paying enough attention to my wife, or telling her how much she means to me enough.
I regret never becoming a wildlife biologist.
I regret being unkind to some folks over the years.
I regret not taking my dad on that last Canadian fishing trip befor he passed.
I regret not visiting my mom in the hospital the night before she passed.
I regret marrying my ex for all the wrong reasons.
I regret the time I wasted watching T.V. or "chilling" (which isn't much), instead of going outdoors and doing more.
I regret not doing Western hunts earlier in life.
I regret not giving more time to God...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Triggernosis
I regret not railing the piss out of that hot little Virginia Beach high school teacher when she was begging me to. Had I known my slut wife was at home ffuukking a used car salesman, I would have.

Damn if I remember. She called me Jethro Boudreaux because I was born in MS and lived in LA. She loudly proclaimed to everybody on the DC metro that she was going to take Jethro Boudreaux to her condo and ffuukk him silly. She was intoxicated.

M
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
Well...on those nights where I am alone and thinking too much I often think I would do Just about all of it differently.

I guess I would start by finishing college and making money early instead of getting married to the wrong girl for the wrong reasons.

That would take care of a lot of the regrets.

Another one is getting out of the house and making more friends and going out to do stuff more.

And staying out of debt would be possibly the most important one.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I regret doing many things I did do, and I regret NOT doing some things that I didn't do. However, life is such that we can learn from our mistakes, and move on, and try to do better the next time.

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
No regrets

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
I used to have regrets until I realized that the sum of everything I’ve done or not done has gotten me to where I am now, and it’s not a bad place.

Mathew 22: 37-39

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by Triggernosis

Damn if I remember. She called me Jethro Boudreaux because I was born in MS and lived in LA. She loudly proclaimed to everybody on the DC metro that she was going to take Jethro Boudreaux to her condo and ffuukk him silly. She was intoxicated.

Was you gonna take her car to her place our your Huffy?

I am MAGA.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by cra1948
I used to have regrets until I realized that the sum of everything I’ve done or not done has gotten me to where I am now, and it’s not a bad place.

That's really where I am with regret in my life. Of course I think we can all look back on things we wish we had done differently. That is human nature and serves as an impetus for growth. But regret has a connotation of hanging onto pain or discomfort over previous decisions, and I won't do that. Life is to short to burden ourselves that way.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
I've made a lot of mistakes through life, but don't really see the benefit of regret. I just try to learn from them and move on. So far, I've managed to Forrest Gump my way through life pretty well, and have been blessed way beyond what I deserve.

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

287 members (257_X_50, 2ndwind, 10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 29aholic, 1Longbow, 39 invisible), 3,083 guests, and 1,004 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,641
Posts18,533,612
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.