Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by fish280
he's still a cultist.

Oh no! The dreaded 'c' word!

I had a lot of Mormons in my lodge. Good folks all around. Their theology was different. But all in all very decent fellows. And at least in their religion non-belief in and of itself is not a cause for torture. You have to be truly evil to gain admittance to hell.

Will

Smellin' a lot of 'if' coming off this plan.
GB1

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
You have to be truly evil to gain admittance to hell

=================================================================

Define truly evil....grin

Last edited by isaac; 05/15/07.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Moi?

Once more into the breach dear friends!

Will

Smellin' a lot of 'if' coming off this plan.
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
he's still a cultist.

I don't care what he eats for dinner, if he saves us our economy from financial ruin and keeps the G.D. social engineers and entitlement stuffers outta my life and bank account, that's what we hire the guy for. Fish, you're way too uptight to be happy with any mere mortal politician. Big news flash, Jesus ain't comin' back to live in the white house. Hell, I bet he ain't even got a tie or a pin striped suit.

Mule
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
"Unfortunately voting for one of the candidates from the two major parties pretty much guarantees more of the same 'ol, same 'ol..............And I'm sick of the same 'ol..........."

Unfortunately voting for someone from other than one of the two main parties guarantees exactly the same results. Even if you don't like it the next President will be either a Democrat or a Republican. The only choice is to which candidate is the lessr A**H***.

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I have to believe in what Muleskinner said. Those of you looking for perfection in a politician will be waiting for say, ETERNITY.

I always try to choose the best of what's offered, since that is the choice. So far he is one of the best we have offered.

As far as the cultist swipe...give me a Mormon or Catholic or Methodist over the Born Again that is always gleefully telling me I'm going to hell, while he is going to heaven irregardless of his actions ever!

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Mormons got better hair than Evangelicals. I also don't like eye makeup on a preacher. I knew Swaggart was bad news from the get go. Jim Baker and Tammy Faye gave me the creeps. Oral is a likeable biggot, but a biggot none the less. Jerry was a nimrod. A real entrapaneur, if you think bilking old folks outta their social security and cat food money is legit. Nope, give me a fair haired mormon who works like a dog and produces good ol' wholesome Osmonds to sing Xmas carols with and marvel at how wonderful life in the valley really is, even during winter. Who needs political parties?

Mule
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I heard Mitt say he championed the 2nd...but!...supported an assault weapons ban.
Soooo....truth is...he's an anti.
The mayor of NY is also an anti.
Fred Thompson and ??? (mebee Newt)

When it comes to choosing friends....I'm at an age where I'd rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Actually, what the son said was that he hoped someday to make such a sacrifice. I think he was acknowledging that the sacrifice of military men and women was immense and that he was conceding that he had not yet done anything comparable.

So, how in the world is that possibly an argument against his father as president? Wow, talk about irrationality! I wish Mitt Romney had the benefit of military service. But Ronald Reagan didn't either and he turned out to be a fairly good president.

Concede the point that Romney has equivocated. But don't lose sight of the fact that he got himself elected governor of Massachussetts and in that capacity held the conservative line on many fronts, including opposing sodomite marriage, supporting english immersion, etc. If you look at Romney's family, his history and the values of his faith, you have to conclude he is very conservative. Just the fact that he can see how wrong McCain-Feingold is, to me, very satisfying evidence that he understands something important about the properly limited role of government.

Jordan

Communists: I still hate them even after they changed their name to "liberals".

My boss asked why I wasn't working. I told him I was being a democrat for Halloween.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
What did you guys think about Mike Huckabee? He is very well spoken as well. I'm surprised no one has mentioned him....good or bad.

HogWild
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
What did you guys think about Mike Huckabee? He is very well spoken as well. I'm surprised no one has mentioned him....good or bad.

I thought he did very well. He's a very strong Pro-2nd Amendment guy, too. He and Duncan Hunter have impressed me more than any of the rest. Hunter is also very strongly pro-gun.

I like some of the things that Ron Paul has to say, but he's going nowhere, fast. Would like to see Fred Thompson get in the race, even though I'm still P.O.'ed about his voting for the Campaign Finance Reform bullsh!t.

P
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
P
I won't vote for Romney - - in the last debate said he would ban "assault weapons" - those guns that 'look evil'. Don't we all know that without the 2nd Admendment and the ability to protect ourselves and our loved ones, all the rest of our rights mean nothing ? I'm very suspicious of anyone doing so well in hard left Mass. - - Huckabee sounds very good, a real conservative. Also am looking at Hunter. Thompson should get going if he's gonna do so and quit fooling around. - - -

Last edited by Pointshoot; 05/18/07.
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by RobJordan
...don't lose sight of the fact that he got himself elected governor of Massachussetts and in that capacity held the conservative line on many fronts, including opposing sodomite marriage, supporting english immersion, etc. If you look at Romney's family, his history and the values of his faith, you have to conclude he is very conservative.

Guess what guys, a typical member of this forum would be unelectable to office. We need guys that can build coalitions, and institutionalize real conservative values. I personally don't care that fudge packers wanna marry. Outside of shootin' them, best to stop makin' them martyrs for confused kids to look up to. What I care about ain't imposin' my personal values on the countrty. I care about keepin' what's left of our country around for another 200 years, and that's a question of economic viability, not bedroom or Sunday morning politics.

Mule
P
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
P
IMHO I've had enough 'build coalitions' for almost 8 years. Usually, that meant conservatives giving in and liberals giving nothing in return. Kennedy isn't interested in 'compromise' and when he is, be very very suspicious (such as with the current amnesty bill they put together in the middle of the night and am trying to ram through now when people are thinking of the upcoming vacation season). No, instead I want a man of conviction & passsion who will Lead rather than just follow the way the wind is shifting. He has to be a man who can Communicate and handle the hostile, biased 'news' media. A man like Ronald Reagan. I am deeply disappointed at voting for someone (twice) that I thought & hoped was a conservative, but who is actually a big govt liberal as evidences not by his words, but by his actions. Government was expanded, spending went up incredibly (not even counting defense), he signed the McCain-Feingold restriction of free speech before elections, and now the push for total amnesty for illegal aliens. Like a lot of people, I thought he had to have some hidden strategy that he was working on & that any time now conservative values and Action would come forth - but that didn't happen. I projected my desires on him and ignored evidence right before my eyes to the contrary. Fool me twice, - - shame on me !- - - - In addition, anyone who is negative or passive regarding the 2nd Admendment won't get my vote. I know they have their sights on the private ownership of firearms. - - -

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
he's still a cultist.

And you're not!!??

The "official" [and literally correct] name of the Mormons is "The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints."

Some cult.

Mitt Romney is at best a moderate. And if I have to choose between him and Hitlery, I won't be choosing Hitlery.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
It's a darn shame we so often vote to keep out an unacceptable candidate rather than voting-IN the very best person.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I'll vote for a better man in the primary. I about puked when he said he was pro 2nd but support the assault weapons ban. If he wins the nomination he'll get my very reluctant vote. I'm not sure who I vote for in the primary, not Mitt. He was my man until the assualt weapons ban comment. I'll vote for the most conservative candidate with half a chance in the primary. I'd feel a lot better with a real conservative that is truly pro second amendment. It's not about squirl guns.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Political in the local paper yesterday:

Mitt telling a guy labeled "voters", "I can't imagine anything more awful than polygamy"*

Voters says "Please tell me that 'Nuclear annihilation at the hands of terrorists' is a close second"

*Quote from 60 minutes interview

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The "official" [and literally correct] name of the Mormons is "The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints."

it's a lie, sd. they supplant the Bible with joseph smith's silly fictions and, well, read up on it yourself ... http://www.lightplanet.com/mormons/basic/index.htm
and ... http://www.catholic.com/library/Distinctive_Beliefs_of_Mormon.asp
and ... http://www.religionfacts.com/mormonism/beliefs/13_articles.htm

Last edited by fish280; 05/21/07.

abiding in Him,

><>fish30ought6<><
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
it's a lie

No, it's not. Check it out from a source that should know.

If these guys don't know the name of their own organization, who does?

Be not weary in well doing.
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

596 members (10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 10ring1, 12344mag, 160user, 17CalFan, 67 invisible), 2,430 guests, and 1,220 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,774
Posts18,515,658
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.