Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Vnce Gill has a song call "The Price of Regret". Well worth a listen

Some mornings, it just does not feel worth it to chew through the straps!~

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Well said CT. Maturity has brought wisdom in your case.

I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
1979: I was over at my cousins place under my 1971 Toyota Celica working on who knows what, when I spy two gorgeous young ladies walking across the yard with three kids between them.

I said: "Wow, who are they?"

My cousin said: "They are cousins from the other side of the family. Never mind! They are married."

That is a line I absolutely never crossed. I crawled back under the car and finished whatever chore it was we were working on.

Fast forward to 1982 and my cousin's Dad introduced me to his absolutely beautiful SINGLE 25 year old niece and her five year old daughter. Six months later we were married, and now have 3 grown kids and 10 grandkids.

I will never cease to regret that I did not climb out from under that car and meet her three years earlier.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Getting married the first time. I was still young enough to think I knew better than everyone else who told me it wasn't a good idea. That marriage taught me a little humility and the value of listening to others.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I regret very few things. I've done things I'm not proud of, but there were lessons learned from those mistakes that help make me who I am today.

My one regret in life is not beating the hell out of the piece of [bleep] my sister called a boyfriend that beat her to the point she was hospitalized. I was 19 and he left town before I could get to him. It was 25 years ago, and I'm not some badass tough guy, but it's haunted me to the point that a few weeks ago I decided to find him. I started searching the Internet and found out he'd moved to New Jersey and died 5 years ago at 42 years old. I truly wish I could have gotten retribution for her but I'll never have the chance now. That's one regret that is really tough to live with.

Last edited by jackmountain; 12/23/19.

IC B2

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
we regret not having children. i will die an old lonely man unfortunately

FJB
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by rockchucker

I know a few folks that regret NOT following your path. Have a buddy now who's life would've been much better off without his son. Drugs, jail, the lawyers and emotional/financial stress caused the loss of his wife and his home also.

There are fates worse than death.
-Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Last edited by jackmountain; 12/23/19.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter

I will never cease to regret that I did not climb out from under that car and meet her three years earlier.

Seems to me you made the right call! Considering how it all worked out.

USMC 0351

We know the price of everything and the value of nothing.
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Selling my S&W 1000 12 gauge

Selling My Remington 742 woodsmaster 243

Not beggin my uncle to let me buy his half of the family farm one way or another

.....I was young and not as wise

Holding onto anger is like drinking poison and expecting the other the person to die ......

"When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, "I used everything you gave me."

W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
I regret not going to see my uncle Scotty before he died.

I also regret not taking a call from a buddy not long before he died.

These two situations really haunt me.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I have regretted making moves on some of the women I did, and not making moves on some that I didn't. Truth is, though, maybe none of it would have worked out and the first woman I did marry will be my wife until one of us departs this world.

I've regretted not staying in the Navy for at least 20, many many times. WTF was I thinking??????????

I regret buying that '99 Suburban 4x4. That was truly a POS.

I have one regret I'll always keep to myself...but I'll drop a hint: do not neglect telling your mom you love her. Ever.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N

No you won't............not so long as some of us outlive you.

On another note, which seems minor to some but not to me tonight, I regret not hugging my Dad before he and Mom left for the winter. I hugged my Mom, and told my Dad to drive safe and that I'd see them in February. We just had services today for a close friend of the family who died at 67. That made me think a bit...............the men of my family aren't 'huggers', but if I have the opportunity I'm going to correct that when I see him

Last edited by NH K9; 12/23/19.

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Not realizing, when I was younger, that just a smile or other acknowledgement could really brighten the day for a person that needed it.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I regret not railing the piss out of that hot little Virginia Beach high school teacher when she was begging me to. Had I known my slut wife was at home ffuukking a used car salesman, I would have.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
My Grandfather John has this one regret I know of. When he passed, he was old grizzled rancher and farmer that worked hard all his life to care for his family.. I respected him immensely. I loved that old man. But as a youth he was apparently quite the ladies man. Very dapper. Born in "Ought 1" (1901) in the OK territory he had some interesting times, I'm sure. The thing he regretted was this.

Seems there was a dance. Being the guy all the girls wanted to be with, he got it in his head to ask a certain girl to the dance, her having a boyfriend my Grandfather did not like. So as to poke him in the eye. Well she said yes and went to the dance with my Grandfather instead of her boyfriend.

Back in those days (around 1918 or so) folks of course slept with their doors unlocked and windows open for cool night air. Well, this jilted boy was the jealous type. He walked up to her open window in the middle of the night and blasted her with a shotgun as she slept near the window. They hung the boy within the week.

He never told me this story. It came to me from my mom and others. I don't doubt it's true. A girl died and boy was hung. All cause my Grandfather asked her to a dance. Not exactly his fault at all, but he carried it as a heavy burden his entire life and to his grave.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by NH K9

On another note, which seems minor to some but not to me tonight, I regret not hugging my Dad before he and Mom left for the winter. I hugged my Mom, and told my Dad to drive safe and that I'd see them in February. We just had services today for a close friend of the family who died at 67. That made me think a bit...............the men of my family aren't 'huggers', but if I have the opportunity I'm going to correct that when I see him

u get a package?

FJB
N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N

u get a package?

I did, buddy! Thanks to you and Gwen! It didn't last long between the boy and I!

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Business partners. If you can avoid them, do so.

Broncos are officially the worst team in the nation this year.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

My Dad and I were at odds constanly about something. He always had to give me his opinion about something in my life and I have an independent streak a mile wide that does not want to hear it. Anyway, Dad died 3-years ago. I can remember every harsh word and thought of him I ever had. I hate myself for it. If I could I'd take to both knees and kiss his feet. I loved him so much and showed it so little.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Not joining the military instead partying in college and flunking out. Skipped class to watch 9/11 on TV. That shoulda been my sign.

Buddy kept asking me to join the air national guard with him. He’s got in over 20 years now. Seen the world.

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

99 members (300_savage, 10gaugemag, 338Rules, 35, 1beaver_shooter, 1eyedmule, 15 invisible), 1,575 guests, and 951 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,082
Posts18,501,644
Members73,987
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.