Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
SAKO75 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
" I have hundreds of calls today and not one was supporting the bill, everyone has been against it!"

"Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered."
― George Orwell, 1984
GB1

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Who is she, and how was she voting? How is she voting now?

U
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
U
he says he's from DIXIE and those are probably not the votes you need to worry about......

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Don't count on it; the Senators from S.Car. are voting for the amnesty bill... and being VERY public about it.

SAKO75 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
"she" was the lady answering the phone for senator chambliss

i called bot hsenators today and yesterday and called DC and state offices

"Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered."
― George Orwell, 1984
IC B2

SAKO75 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
1 SC senator doesnt support the bill and my 2 GA senators were until now anti-illegal, they have flip-flopped

― George Orwell, 1984
U
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
U
interesting...

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by SAKO75
"she" was the lady answering the phone for senator chambliss

Chambliss is 100% onboard with selling the country down the river.

CHAMBLISS SAYS IMMIGRATION DEAL POSITIVE STEP BUT FINAL BILL MUST CONTAIN KEY PROVISIONS

May 17, 2007

WASHINGTON � U.S. Senator Saxby Chambliss, R-Ga., made the following statement regarding the bipartisan immigration deal announced today. Both Chambliss and his Georgia colleague, U.S. Senator Johnny Isakson, R-Ga., have been part of a group of senators meeting regularly to negotiate the agreement along with U.S. Secretary of Homeland Security Michael Chertoff and U.S. Secretary of Commerce Carlos Gutierrez.

�The bipartisan immigration deal announced today is a step in the right direction toward reaching a final, comprehensive immigration bill. However, certain criteria must be met in order for this legislation to receive my final support. My top priority in this debate is border security, because if we do not secure the border then we will fail to address a serious national security issue and we will fail to prevent future illegal immigration. The bill must not include a new pathway to citizenship for people who have come here illegally; rather, those who have come here illegally must go home and get in the back of the line if they want to apply for a green card.

�Finally, any temporary worker program must be just that � temporary - and American workers and American wages must not be harmed by a temporary worker program. Employers must be provided with a fool-proof verification system to ensure that prospective employees are legal, and once a system is created, employers who refuse to verify the status of their employees or who knowingly hire illegal workers should be severely punished.

�The agreement reached today is an improvement from last year�s bill. The way you make good laws is to have people from both sides of the aisle come together, and this was a highly committed group that came together to work on these issues that aren�t in the best interest of any particular political party, but rather in the best interest of the American people.�

The problem with the bill is "benchmarks" that that can be bypassed, and "hardship" exceptions to the fines and the requirement to leave the country. This is looking like a smoke enema.

Where's our g*damned fence?

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Kennedy and the Demlibs will get a big new voter base, while Bushy and the Republicrat Big and small businesses will get a cheap work force that will drive all our wages down. This is a Win-Win for Bush and Kennedy.

I'll wait for the Bush-lovers to explain this one away. mad

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
The one senator I called today had an aide that REFUSED to answer my question on callers who are voting against vs. those who are voting for..

Why does this not surprise me?

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
IC B3

R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
Find you Senator's office 'phone numbers here:
http://www.johnandkenshow.com/senators/

Call 'em. Let them know 'zactly how you feel.

Right now many mailboxes are full.

Roger

NRA Life

CRPA Life
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I called my Senator's office today, Kay Bailey Hutchison. Her girl said that the Senator was not going to support an amnesty bill and she did not believe this one would pass. I told her that if she voted for it I would not vote for her again. I bet THAT really scared her.

Just another waste of time.

SS

No words of mine can hope to convey to you the ringing joy and hope embodied in that spontaneous yell: �The Americans are coming; at last they are coming!�

I hadn�t the heart to disillusion them.

John "Pondoro" Taylor
Africa 1955
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by SAKO75
my 2 GA senators were until now anti-illegal, they have flip-flopped

good grief, that aint right mad mad mad

Nic
Lovin life as a farmer and wife!
X2 Farm
P
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
P
You definitely DID NOT waste your time ! Within about 24 hours this bill has gone to a slam dunk to pass, to now they are saying on news sources that it is looking more doubtful, especially in the House. - - Please everyone keep up the pressure. Let them know that you will vote them out. Let them know, if Republicans, that you are fed up and will no longer send them money or vote for their candidates again (it will take Republicans going along with this for it to pass.) - - - Heard Tony Snow-job being grilled by Lars Larson on the radio today. He was blowing smoke. Said that now the govt will enforce the law, unlike in 1965 or 1986 - - yeah right. Larson asked if now every American will have to carry a national ID card with fingerprints on it. Snow didn't know at first, but called back and said that yes that would be the case. But, as Larson pointed out, - - 10 states refuse to go along with a national ID as an invasion of privacy. - - - If all they did was match employees social security numbers with those on file to check for invalid numbers, numbers for dead people, repeat numbers ,etc - - you heavily fine the employer if they put them on the payroll. Also, you shut down all benefits to non-citizens. Keep up the pressure !

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Keep up the pressure !
I fully intend to do so.

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Pointshoot
You definitely DID NOT waste your time ! Within about 24 hours this bill has gone to a slam dunk to pass, to now they are saying on news sources that it is looking more doubtful, especially in the House. - -

I heard Dingy Harry Reid on the radio news saying that it doesn't look like they will get the bill passed. I assume he was talking about the Senate where it has a better chance than in the House.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
wuzz...

Las Vegas runs on cheap Mexican illegal labor. Over 50% of the workforce there are illegals. Dingy Harry is nothing but the resort industriy's whore, and you can bet that his "leadership" will keep hammering for amnesty. Since Bush is just as big a whore for business interests who want cheap labor, and for banking who want's the new business, amnesty will come.

The politicians have to beat their breasts and "hurumph-hurumph" a bit for a while to show all us feeble minded "little people" they are not rushing into amnesty; then they will pass it and tout it as "Immigration Reform". I wish they would at least put some Novocain in the Vaseline...providing they even lube us up for the BIG SHAFT. eek

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

P
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
P
Watch out for too many reports that this thing has been killed early. - - - They may wait for everyone letting down their guard to ram it through. (No more calls and emails meaning the American public has lost interest and is focusing on vacation, sports, etc instead.) - - - - My reps are useless - hardcore leftists but I'm gonna continue to call and also contact the Republican party too. A lot of us are tired of constantly being screwed over by the politician/liars. - - -

P
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
P
Capitol Operator: (202) 224-3121 call this number and they'll put you through to the office of your representatives. They Really Pay Attention when they hear from those motivated & ticked off enough to bother calling directly.

Last edited by Pointshoot; 05/19/07.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I have written, emailed, and called both of the loser Senators from Florida, about the immigration bill.
Nelson, the radical liberal is supporting it, as well as the 'conservative' Mel Martinez.
Martinez's office told me that he was going to oppose the bill, as did Nelson's office.
I see that Nelson is a sponsor, and here is what Martinez says in the paper today.
Duplicity

Contacting these guys is a waste of time, energy, and resources. Buying ammo is beginning to make more sense.

Sam......

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

88 members (35, AceBall, achlupsa, Akhutr, 6mmbrfan, 11 invisible), 1,606 guests, and 702 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,760
Posts18,514,967
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.