Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger

The dumb lying bitch apparently can't see an obvious democrap scam. mad

https://www.yahoo.com/news/republican-senator-disturbed-mcconnells-white-175142143.html

Republican senator 'disturbed' by McConnell's work with White House on impeachment trial
Reuters
By Katanga Johnson
,Reuters•December 25, 2019
1:16 1:21
McConnell has 'right to do whatever he wants': Trump
Scroll back up to restore default view.
By Katanga Johnson

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Republican U.S. Senator Lisa Murkowski said she was "disturbed" by the Senate leader's approach to working with White House counsel on the impeachment trial of President Donald Trump, saying there should be distance between the two.

The comments by the Alaska lawmaker come after Mitch McConnell, majority leader of the Republican-led Senate, said during a Fox News interview earlier this month that he was working in "total coordination" with the White House on the upcoming trial.

"To me it means that we have to take that step back from being hand-in-glove with the defense," Murkowski said in comments aired late on Tuesday during an interview with Alaska-based NBC news affiliate KTUU-TV. "I heard what leader McConnell had said. I happened to think that has further confused the process."

Murkowski, who says she remains undecided in how she will vote in the upcoming impeachment proceedings, cited the need for distance between the White House and the Senate on how the trial should be conducted.

Trump was impeached last week by the Democratic-led House of Representatives on two charges over his pressuring Ukraine to announce an investigation of former Vice President Joe Biden, one of the top contenders for the Democratic presidential nomination, and Biden's son. He has been charged with abuse of power and obstructing Congress' investigation.

Trump has said he did nothing wrong.

Republicans have a 53-seat majority in the Senate, where 51 votes are needed to pass a set of rules for the Trump trial. The actual impeachment trial in the Senate would need a two-thirds majority vote for a conviction.

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi has not yet transmitted the articles of impeachment to the Senate, a bid to pressure Senate Republicans to reach an accord with the Democrats in the chamber on trial rules. McConnell said the Senate could not take any action until it receives the articles.

Whether or not to call witnesses has been one of the main sticking points between the Democrats and the Republicans in drafting rules for the impeachment proceedings. McConnell on Monday said that Republicans had not ruled out hearing witnesses in the impeachment trial the Republican president.

However, McConnell made clear he would not accede to a Democratic request for the Senate to agree ahead of time to take testimony during the trial.

There is little chance Trump will be convicted and removed from office through a trial in the Republican-led Senate, but the impeachment proceedings could resonate at the ballot box in November.

(Reporting by Katanga Johnson; Editing by Leslie Adler)

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
GB1

Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
I don't trust the bug eyed bitch to not defect.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I wrote to her office during Kavinaugh hearings, no reply back. Weeks later get a generic reply. She's hot garbage, I suspect she is not running for re-election. Supposedly her husband is done with DC and wants to go home to the Kenai.. But papa Frank might have something to say about that..

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by 79S
I wrote to her office during Kavinaugh hearings, no reply back. Weeks later get a generic reply. She's hot garbage, I suspect she is not running for re-election. Supposedly her husband is done with DC and wants to go home to the Kenai.. But papa Frank might have something to say about that..

Frank the Bank took third place between Sarah and John Binkley when he ran for Gov the second time. We were very finished with him then. Nothing has improved his image since.

To Sarah's negatives, she started cranking up the AK budget. While unsustainability did not hit for a while, she did start it while Frank looked like he was out of line with spending (a personal jet for the Gov comes to mind) but actually maintained spending as usual.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by ironbender
I don't trust the bug eyed bitch to not defect.

I despise that bitch!

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
IC B2

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Lisa for life.

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
79S yes you cant get through to Lisa via phone or E mails. Best way is post on her facebook site!

kk alaska

Alaska 7 months of winter then 5 months of tourists
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I got the usual Christmas Card from Lisa Pelosi but I don't think I'll hang it on the wall.

Lisa really pissed folks off up here with her funding of the Mile 1408 project to reward Ahtna
for their support. It sure screwed up a recreation site. Way over budget by an incompetent
contractor.

I'd take Sarah in that job anytime.....

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
She sold her soul long ago to the Native Corps. If you think she won’t go to the highest bidder you haven’t been paying attention.

Yup.
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
LM=100%RINO

IC B3

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Just remember that we had a chance to get rid of her.

Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by VernAK
I got the usual Christmas Card from Lisa Pelosi but I don't think I'll hang it on the wall.

Lisa really pissed folks off up here with her funding of the Mile 1408 project to reward Ahtna
for their support. It sure screwed up a recreation site. Way over budget by an incompetent
contractor.

I'd take Sarah in that job anytime.....

And, the clear-cut land swap in southeast.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Calvin

But Joe bought a low-income fishing license!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
What she said sounds absolutely reasonable to me.

"Republican U.S. Senator Lisa Murkowski said she was "disturbed" by the Senate leader's approach to working with White House counsel on the impeachment trial of President Donald Trump, saying there should be distance between the two.

The comments by the Alaska lawmaker come after Mitch McConnell, majority leader of the Republican-led Senate, said during a Fox News interview earlier this month that he was working in "total coordination" with the White House on the upcoming trial.

"To me it means that we have to take that step back from being hand-in-glove with the defense," Murkowski said in comments aired late on Tuesday during an interview with Alaska-based NBC news affiliate KTUU-TV. "I heard what leader McConnell had said. I happened to think that has further confused the process."

According to the Constitution the senators must take an oath swearing to act as "impartial" jurors during the impeachment trial. But Mitch McConnell has said he will not be impartial.

"I'm not an impartial juror. This is a political process. There's nothing judicial about it. Impeachment is a political decision," said McConnell, R-Ky. "The House made a partisan political decision to impeach. I would anticipate we will have a largely partisan outcome in the Senate. I'm not impartial about this at all."

The Republican leader has made clear that he hopes the Senate will acquit the president as quickly as possible. He previously indicated that he is "in total coordination with the White House counsel's office" and is "taking my cues from the president's lawyers."

It seems like his comments are unconstitutional. How is that not concerning? Why should Murkowski not be concerned about his comments?

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Originally Posted by Goosey

According to the Constitution the senators must take an oath swearing to act as "impartial" jurors during the impeachment trial.

It seems like his comments are unconstitutional. How is that not concerning? Why should Murkowski not be concerned about his comments?

Where does COTUS say that?

Intellectual honesty is the most important character trait in human beings.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by LoadClear
Originally Posted by Goosey

According to the Constitution the senators must take an oath swearing to act as "impartial" jurors during the impeachment trial.

Where does COTUS say that?

Is that crickets? No, I guess it was nothing...

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Calvin

Well we did get rid of her initially......or so we thought. Then the local Propaganda Corps affiliates started doing hit pieces on the guy who beat her fair and square. I haven't forgotten who they are.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Lisa is about the most worthless politician I have ever dealt with. I have written others on issues, such as gun control, Kavanugh appointment, etc., and gotten replies from them, but not ole Lisa. Just last month, she was on a plane with me and my son coming home from VA. My wife was picking us up at the airport and saw Lisa in front of us, so the wife took a picture of her. She looked to be the loneliest person I have seen in a long time.

I get a good laugh every time I see a protest or something in Anchorage, it's always Dems coming to Lisa's support.

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Frank wanted that plane because Amawauk (sp?) , North Slope Borough mayor, had just bought himself a Lear with borough funds,

could not have that!

A semi- friend (English) was the Lear pilot. He smiled a lot.......😷

He and George ran into each other in Heathrow once. George blurted out “What are you doing here?”

“I’m home for a week’s visit. What are YOU doing here?”

(Borough paid junket of some sort)

Last edited by las; 01/01/20.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

589 members (10gaugemag, 16penny, 01Foreman400, 007FJ, 06hunter59, 12344mag, 57 invisible), 2,569 guests, and 1,315 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,575
Posts18,492,022
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.