Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
I'm not a fan of Ayoob but do wear my gun at all times I am not in bed or shower. If you wear it all the time you are not bothered by it. Outside I wear a G19 AIWB, at home the G19 is in a Kydex tech holster. Both holsters are worn on a Montana Sling Co. 1 1/2" leather belt. I also carry a G17 extra mag at all times.

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
Springfield XDS on my hip as I read this in my living room. 26 stories up in a very limited access Miami condo. You just never know. 😜

Sam......

V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V
I don't carry a pistol in the house because I can get to one real quick but I have a pistol with me anytime I am outside even just checking my mailbox. I live in a nice residential area in town but some rent subsidized apartments have been built within walking distance of my house and now the renters walk through the neighborhood looking for something to steal. There's a burglary on my street every month or so. It would be worse but I live close to the police station and they patrol a lot in my neighborhood especially near the end of their shifts.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I carry a Glock 19 in a Galco Combat Master holster all day long. When I go to bed the glock goes in my nightstand drawer. There is a AR 15 with a loaded mag and an empty chamber in the bedroom closet.

Last edited by kalbrecht; 12/26/19.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Some yrs ago, an Arkansas firing range owner banned muslims, that technically means they might refuse Massad Ayoob. ..

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
IC B2

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Originally Posted by Starman

Some yrs ago, an Arkansas firing range owner banned muslims, that technically means they might refuse Massad Ayoob. ..

But your starfish wouldn't refuse any Muslim.

'If you say the parent you were most afraid when you were a kid was your dad, you grew up in the city.'
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
When Trump visited Saudi Arabia, he openly said they are great people.

Im sure that sends our little miss.estrogen Girly into a spin ..

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If I have pants on, there's a gun in or on them, unless I happen to be in the Peoples Republic of Maryland, as I am on occasion, and where I'm much more likely to need one!

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Sharpsman
Don’t think I need Ayoob to tell me squat!

Ayoob also demonstrates how to wear [or not wear?] a toupee, which some on the CF may appreciate.

you can't talk about his toupee on others forums , moderators shut it down.

and they are quick to come to his defence...eg;

"If god forbid I ever found myself in a situation where I had to defend my life or my loved ones with lethal force
I would consider mr. Massad Ayoob to be a god send and expert witness on my behalf."

LOL. .. unfortunately no God sends Ayoob around like a super hero to save people.

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
When Trump visited Saudi Arabia, he openly said they are great people.

Im sure that sends our little miss.estrogen Girly into a spin ..

I knew butt [bleep] night would get you all worked up.

'If you say the parent you were most afraid when you were a kid was your dad, you grew up in the city.'
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I've been reading Ayoob for years. I like him. He was an expert witness and advisor on a murder case about forty miles from here. It would probably be safer to carry all the time, but right now I have no gun on my person, but one is within reach and a substantial rifle is in the next room, along with one in the garage and another hanging in the implement shed.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I grew up with firearms on the kitchen table, sometimes they ended up with bread crumbs

or splash of pasta sauce on them. .. grin

neighbors knew it, and strangely we never had a break-in.

when I visit someones house and don't see the same , well, it feels kinda ..empty.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Sharpsman
Don’t think I need Ayoob to tell me squat!

Ayoob also demonstrates how to wear [or not wear?] a toupee, which some on the CF may appreciate.

you can't talk about his toupee on others forums , moderators shut it down.

and they are quick to come to his defence...eg;

"If god forbid I ever found myself in a situation where I had to defend my life or my loved ones with lethal force
I would consider mr. Massad Ayoob to be a god send and expert witness on my behalf."

LOL. .. unfortunately no God sends Ayoob around like a super hero to save people.

1) 16 years ago I was warned by the owner of a small forum not to disrespect Ayoob.
2) 15 years ago I was booted off a large forum by the owner, for making fun of Ayoob. [I wrote a parody of Ayoob's writing process, ala Hunter Thompson facing a deadline].
3) 10 years ago I had an engineering technician that read Ayoob's books. He did such good work, I kept my mouth shut.

I think I have found the Ayoob policy that works for me.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
I'm 140 yards back off the road with a dog that barks at anybody that gets within 50 yards of my front door. Something is always within reach. Lately it's been my old Ruger Police Service Six,...just because I shoot revolvers better than auto loaders.

But actually, I don't worry too much about home invasions out here. No dirtbags live out here and none seem inclined to visit.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Bristoe
I'm 140 yards back off the road with a dog that barks at anybody that gets within 50 yards of my front door. Something is always within reach. Lately it's been my old Ruger Police Service Six,...just because I shoot revolvers better than auto loaders.

But actually, I don't worry too much about home invasions out here. No dirtbags live out here and none seem inclined to visit.

Bristol, I fully understand how you feel about the absence of dirtbags.....but, it can happen anywhere. We are in similar circumstances, and don’t carry at home. And, just like you, they are “very” close.

A few years ago a couple of “dopers” from Cody (Wyoming), saw a lady in town driving a Land Rover. It seems they took a liking to it! They followed her home, to a tiny, little town called Clark.....where they murdered her and her elderly parents for the Land Rover. They managed to have their Land Rover for most of the evening!

Obviously, she didn’t have anything within reach, such as yourself. Perhaps she didn’t think the “dirtbags” would follow her home! memtb

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“I’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Massad Ayboob wouldn't know if Christ was crucified or died of the schits.

If you feel the need to carry, carry.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I told this on here before .Last summer ,at 10:30 at night ,guy high on drugs tried to kick in my metal front door .It cracked the wood frame,thru the latch, he did not get in. Grabbed shotgun told him to leave and told wife to call 911 ,cops got there5 to 10 minuits later ,way to late if he got thru that, door ,for i would have had no other choice ,but to defend myself ,i was watching tv minding my own bussness ,when he started kicking in my door ,,live in a pretty good subdivision ,20 year old lived with mom down the street and decided to get high and flip out .After that i carry a gun in the house ,before that if i had a gun on in house ,wife thought i was crazy ,now she does not

NRA Life Member
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I keep a 44 in my nightstand and use to keep a 12 ga shotgun in our bedroom closet, I sold the shotgun and now keep an AR in a spot where I can easily retrieve it. Anyone stupid enough to try and break into our house will be leaving in a bag.

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
I live in a very safe neighborhood and don't feel the need to carry a loaded gun or have one around. I have very smart inquisitive grand kids, for one thing.

OTOH, I used to manage a plant in a very bad neighborhood. Bad guys would break into our parking lot, bust open cars, and steal radios. We caught several of them. Some didn't fear handguns and would just run away but point a 12 gauge at them, and they'd often do what you wanted. If they ran away, you could shout "Shoot to kill" and fire the shotgun up in the air (pellets not lethal when they come down). That would get around the hood.

You know that phrase about big city cops that goes "only minutes away when seconds count?" One time I held a kid at gunpoint for one hour and 21 minutes AFTER the cops were called. Another time a kid walked in the front door and held up the receptionist. My father came out of his office and handed the guy 1-1/4 ounce of #6 shot at 1200 fps. The cops stopped by later and gave us some 00 buckshot. Never had to actually shoot any others.

Whenever we got one, the word got around the hood and we were safe for a long time. Without the right to keep and bear arms, our plant could not have survived. All that happened years ago and we're lucky we didn't get harmed by any perps.

Eventually we moved the plant to the suburbs. I kept a S&W Model 19 in my desk in case anyone went "postal."

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
S&W M60 in my pants pocket.
Paul B.

Our forefathers did not politely protest the British.They did not vote them out of office, nor did they impeach the king,march on the capitol or ask permission for their rights. ----------------They just shot them.
MOLON LABE
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

549 members (1badf350, 1Longbow, 10gaugemag, 1936M71, 1beaver_shooter, 01Foreman400, 68 invisible), 2,636 guests, and 1,361 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,452
Posts18,471,079
Members73,934
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.