Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
S
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
S
I’ve got one kimber montana in .223 rem. I’d buy another if Kimber offered them.

HR IC

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by shinbone
I’ve got one kimber montana in .223 rem. I’d buy another if Kimber offered them.

Whittakers appears to be down to their last 4 from when they bought out the remaining inventory from Kimber:

https://www.whittakerguns.com/

David

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by MontanaCreekHunter
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
Maybe if enough people write Kimber asking about a .223 they will make some .

Asking and ponying up money are to very different things to companies. I don't know why they discontinued the .223, and I like a lot would like to see it back. Maybe the figures didn't workout for them? Maybe it was a bad business decision?

Who knows? Barrett didn’t come out with one either . Business decision most likely.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
I much like Kimber rifle concepts and designs, but they are shaky in execution and consistency. And if they are streamlining production, why the many niche models? I question their production decisions.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Wrapids
I much like Kimber rifle concepts and designs, but they are shaky in execution and consistency. And if they are streamlining production, why the many niche models? I question their production decisions.

I was told by a good source that they had begun streamlining prior to their move to AL. Since their move, the only rifle I’ve seen for sure that has been produced in the new factory was the Special Edition Classic 6.5 Creed. I haven’t personally seen any others with the new AL rollmarks, but that’s not saying they are not out there.

I’m sure they will increase production as time goes by, but this time of year is historically slow with production due to show season. Once they have orders, they normally ramp production to fill them and build stock as necessary. That said, you never really know what Kimber is going to do, but their wood stocked Classic Select rifles over the last few years have not been what most would call pretty, with some of the “French Walnut” stocks looking a little like pine fencepost wood. They have publicly said they wanted to discontinue the Classic Selects because of wood procurement, as a lot of what they have been putting out was definitely not anywhere near AAA grade French Walnut, with a lot of rifles not having near what most would consider AAA grade wood. Their Classic line hasnt sold well either, so who knows what they will continue production of. I would say it is a safe bet they continue with the Hunters and Montanas though.

IC B2

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Bogtrotter
Looking at the Kimber website, not showing the Montana. Is it discontinued? Looks like they cut back on some of the calibers offered also.

The .223 wasn't offered last year either. I was able to get NIB, threaded .223 Montana this past summer and it's my favorite gun and became so in a hurry!

Camp is where you make it.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by tzone
The .223 wasn't offered last year either. I was able to get NIB, threaded .223 Montana this past summer and it's my favorite gun and became so in a hurry!

Tzone, the twist on those are 1/9, right?

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Canazes9

Whittakers appears to be down to their last 4 from when they bought out the remaining inventory from Kimber:

https://www.whittakerguns.com/

David

You 3 guys that want one on here... better snap up the last 3.

If you don't, you know why Kimber isn't making them anymore.

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Originally Posted by sidepass
Originally Posted by Gtscotty
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
Kimber has been kind of stagnant on the rifle side, not as bad as Winchester, but.... I keep hoping, in vain, that they will come out with threaded Hunter options to undercut the Fieldcraft, and the fact they they don't offer any .223s is mind boggling.

Wouldn’t they be making them if they thought they’d sell and thus make a profit? I don’t think THAT many want a .223 bolt action.

I don't think it's a given that all companies are 100% successful at gauging and making what their customers want, some are obviously more successful at this than others.

.223 is the the most popular centerfire rifle chambering in the country, plenty of people want a properly set up (fast twist, longer mag, Wylde type chamber) .223 bolt guns. The faster twist options (8 twist or faster) are basically the Tikka T3x and the RAP, I think a Hunter in .223 would sell really well.

It is? They do?

Yes. Yes.

T
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
T
They have a “carbon pro” offering for 2020. Its in their latest “lands and grooves” magazine. AG Composite stock with proof barrel. However, it’s only chambered only .308 and 6.5 creed if I recall. But just seems like a higher dollar gamble to me. Worst customer service I ever experienced.

IC B3

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by skeen

Sorry I’d didnt see your post. Yes, sir. 1:9 twist.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Same. Perfect starter for my boys.

Yup.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by AKduck

https://www.whittakerguns.com/product/38115

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G

For some reason i would have sworn the Montanas were 1:8 twist.... That's disappointing.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
They all seem to be made with the bolt on the wrong side.. none for me thanks.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T

For some reason i would have sworn the Montanas were 1:8 twist.... That's disappointing.

LOL. You'll never know the difference.

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G

LOL. You'll never know the difference.

Lol, I've had my last slow twist .223, 7 or 8 twist from here on out. I'll leave the 9s to guys who don't know or won't use the difference.

Last edited by Gtscotty; 12/27/19.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard

Thanks....one is in the way to my ffl. No clue why I couldn’t find one in stock last night.

Yup.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard

Thanks....one is in the way to my ffl. No clue why I couldn’t find one in stock last night.

It’s not the website. I promise.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I don’t doubt that😀

Yup.
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

80 members (10gaugemag, 358wsm, 300_savage, 358WCF, 257_X_50, 12 invisible), 1,164 guests, and 798 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,863
Posts18,497,216
Members73,979
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.