J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J

Originally Posted by NH K9
Originally Posted by JimFromTN
Originally Posted by hunter4623

The 2nd amendment is ambiguous which I imagine was on purpose. All that our elected officials can do regardless of their political affiliation , is interpret it and base laws on that interpretation. Its then up to the supreme court to determine whether those laws are constitutional. Thats an oversimplification but I don't claim any expertise in constitutional law. I am not in favor of an assault weapons ban for the simple reason that it won't accomplish anything and it will simply cause them to go after something else but the reality is that the supreme court will not deem it unconstitutional. The last one wasn't found to be unconstitutional but it had no teeth. It was purely cosmetic. You could go to the gun show, buy a sporterized ak, go to the next table and buy an ak stock set, and then go to the next table and buy all of the 30 rd mags and 75 rd drum mags you wanted.

What’s ambiguous about this?

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Sounds pretty ambiguous to me. Does this mean I can own a nuclear weapon or at least a small dirty bomb? Doesn't say the government can't force you to purchase a very expensive license and maybe put an outrageously expensive tax on them so no one can afford them. It does not say the government can't force you to register them.

For the recod .............this idiot is a damnyankee.
Carry on. [/quote]

How dare you!!!! . I was born and raised in TN. You are from New Hampshire. How is that even a state? You should be annexed by Maine. At least they have more than 100 yds of coast line.

GB1

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Yeah only a yankee would get so butt hurt about being called a yankee.

Poor yankee Jim

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by heavywalker
You haven’t won anything it’s the internet guy!

You have proven that you have no spine, you’ll sit and watch your fellow Americans battle it out for your freedoms or lack thereof and you’ll waltz in to the victory party whoever the victor.

You and only you have to live with your decisions, just like the rest of us. I’ll sleep well, I’m sure you will too given your MO at every point in your life.

You mean watch you battle over your delusional fantasies. No thanks. I would rather watch the bachelorette. Those people are just too darned attractive.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Poor Jim's upset because he went to a teaparty rally mistakenly thinking he'd get teabagged.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
You’d watch on CNN your words not mine.

Can you even be honest about what you would do while you are being a chickenschitt?

IC B2

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J

Poor yankee Jim

You don't list where you are from. Too embarrassed to admit you are from California? I bet you have an autograph book with Diane Feinstein's and Nancy Pelosi's signature in it.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
You’d watch on CNN your words not mine.

Can you even be honest about what you would do while you are being a chickenschitt?

You are right. I would probably be watching that gay jesus thing on netflix.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

Poor yankee Jim

You don't list where you are from. Too embarrassed to admit you are from California? I bet you have an autograph book with Diane Feinstein's and Nancy Pelosi's signature in it.

I bet pelosi has an autograph book with your signature in it. Pricks like you are the heroes of the anti-gun crowd.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by natman

Unless you are a supreme court justice with a background in constitutional law, you can't actually say that you have the constitutional right to own an ar15.

Well, let's see what some Supreme Court justices DID have to say:
Before addressing the verbs “keep” and “bear,” we interpret their object: “Arms.” The 18th-century meaning is no different from the meaning today. The 1773 edition of Samuel Johnson’s dictionary defined “arms” as “weapons of offence, or armour of defence.” page 7

United States v. Miller, 307 U. S. 174, does not limit the right to keep and bear arms to militia purposes, but rather limits the type of weapon to which the right applies to those used by the militia, i.e., those in common use for lawful purposes. page 2

As the quotations earlier in this opinion demonstrate, the inherent right of self-defense has been central to the Second Amendment right. The handgun ban amounts to a prohibition of an entire class of “arms” that is overwhelmingly chosen by American society for that lawful purpose. page 56

All quotes from DC v Heller [emphasis added]

So let's see.
Is an AR 15 a "weapon of offence". Yes.
Is an AR15 "in common use for lawful purposes" Yes, it's the most popular type of rifle in the country.
Is an AR15 a member of a class of arms chosen by American society for lawful purposes? Yes.

So, yes, you do have a constitutional right to own an AR15. Period.

They took away our right to own a fully automatic firearm without having a federal license to own it. If that is ok then why not do the same with the ar15?

Because an AR15 is unquestionably in common use for lawful purposes. Full automatic is a more complicated question.

By the way, the constitution was written so that it could be changed.

Yes it was. There's a strict procedure to do it. The Democrats don't have the necessary support to do it while following the procedure, so they are trying every possible way to subvert the Second Amendment without going through the procedure. Gutting the Second Amendment would be a horrible thing, but changing the Constiturion without going through the proper procedure is even worse.

You lost this argument almost 30 years ago when they didn't throw out the first assault weapons ban. There are existing local assault weapons bans and every time someone tries t get them declared unconstitutional, it gets thrown out. It just happened in Illinois back in August.

Allow me to quote you: "Unless you are a supreme court justice with a background in constitutional law, you can't actually say that you have the constitutional right to own an ar15."

You certainly have no business arguing constitutional law if you actually believe that because the Supreme Court doesn't hear a case means they've ruled on it one way or another. For every case SCOTUS hears, they turn down 99. I quoted the Heller test for you, direct from the Supreme Court. How about actually responding to the argument instead of this evasive BS?

Last edited by natman; 12/26/19.
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by jackmountain
Poor Jim's upset because he went to a teaparty rally mistakenly thinking he'd get teabagged.

They are getting better. I am a little amazed that you teabaggers would bring that up seeing as you had to change the name freedom caucus because of the ridicule.

IC B3

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Easy yankee Jim your fantasy need not apply to my reality.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

They are getting better. I am a little amazed that you teabaggers would bring that up seeing as you had to change the name freedom caucus because of the ridicule.

Now you're showing your true colors.... Another paid troll.
Go back to Democraticunderground with rest of the sensitive liberal [bleep].

Last edited by jackmountain; 12/26/19.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J

Unless you are a supreme court justice with a background in constitutional law, you can't actually say that you have the constitutional right to own an ar15.

Well, let's see what some Supreme Court justices DID have to say:
Before addressing the verbs “keep” and “bear,” we interpret their object: “Arms.” The 18th-century meaning is no different from the meaning today. The 1773 edition of Samuel Johnson’s dictionary defined “arms” as “weapons of offence, or armour of defence.” page 7

United States v. Miller, 307 U. S. 174, does not limit the right to keep and bear arms to militia purposes, but rather limits the type of weapon to which the right applies to those used by the militia, i.e., those in common use for lawful purposes. page 2

As the quotations earlier in this opinion demonstrate, the inherent right of self-defense has been central to the Second Amendment right. The handgun ban amounts to a prohibition of an entire class of “arms” that is overwhelmingly chosen by American society for that lawful purpose. page 56

All quotes from DC v Heller [emphasis added]

So let's see.
Is an AR 15 a "weapon of offence". Yes.
Is an AR15 "in common use for lawful purposes" Yes, it's the most popular type of rifle in the country.
Is an AR15 a member of a class of arms chosen by American society for lawful purposes? Yes.

So, yes, you do have a constitutional right to own an AR15. Period.

They took away our right to own a fully automatic firearm without having a federal license to own it. If that is ok then why not do the same with the ar15?

Because an AR15 is unquestionably in common use for lawful purposes. Full automatic is a more complicated question.

By the way, the constitution was written so that it could be changed.

Yes it was. There's a strict procedure to do it. The Democrats don't have the necessary support to do it while following the procedure, so they are trying every possible way to subvert the Second Amendment without going through the procedure. Gutting the Second Amendment would be a horrible thing, but changing the Constiturion without going through the proper procedure is even worse.

You lost this argument almost 30 years ago when they didn't throw out the first assault weapons ban. There are existing local assault weapons bans and every time someone tries t get them declared unconstitutional, it gets thrown out. It just happened in Illinois back in August.

Allow me to quote you: "Unless you are a supreme court justice with a background in constitutional law, you can't actually say that you have the constitutional right to own an ar15."

You certainly have no business arguing constitutional law if you actually believe that the fact that the Supreme Court doesn't hear a case means they've ruled on it one way or another. For every case SCOTUS hears, they turn down 99. I quoted the Heller test for you, direct from the Supreme Court. How about actually responding to the argument instead of this BS?

If they never hear it then it will never be declared unconstitutional which means it will remain law. Duh.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J

Keep working at it. You obviously did not have any friends growing up. There is hope for you. All is not lost. When you throw an insult at someone, unless its the mother of all insults you need to expect a rebuttal. You are obviously new to this so it maybe advisable to have a followup rebuttal ready.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Keep working at it. You obviously did not have any friends growing up. There is hope for you. All is not lost. When you throw an insult at someone, unless its the mother of all insults you need to expect a rebuttal. You are obviously new to this so it maybe advisable to have a followup rebuttal ready.
So as a paid and long-embedded troll you are used to it? Congrats?

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Some crook in a robe will NOT make my property disappear with an opinion. Which will be a serious problem for thugs who attempt to steal same. And for those who support such action. Including “Tories”, at other times referred to as collaborators or quislings.

The constitution simply enumerates for the State(because the State is so stupid it needs that) some of the rights held by citizens. It does not confer rights, nor does the State. I say what I can possess. That is my right, and only limited by my willingness and ability to defend it. Which is considerable. Men confer privileges to weaker men who accept such. Rights are held by men strong enough to claim them and hold them against those who would argue the point. It is becoming somewhat clear who is what here.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I don't need anyone to tell me what my inalienable rights are. By definition they are "unable to be taken or given away by the possessor" I also don't need any court to define the 2nd amendment for me. "Shall not be infringed" is plainly clear.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

Love when you dipschit commie trolls get exposed.

E
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
You lost this argument almost 30 years ago when they didn't throw out the first assault weapons ban.

You lost the argument 500 years ago when the Colonists set foot on these shores, and were LEGALLY able to "BEAR ARMS" without the government having ANY means of control or say so about it.

You are TWO STOOPUD ™ to figure that out though.

Go read my article, and educate yourself, you Commie.

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt...econd-amendment-broken-down#Post12150689

"He is far from Stupid"

”person, who happens to have an above-average level of intelligence

– DocRocket (In reference to ElkSlayer91)

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A

Originally Posted by NH K9
Originally Posted by hunter4623

The 2nd amendment is ambiguous which I imagine was on purpose. All that our elected officials can do regardless of their political affiliation , is interpret it and base laws on that interpretation. Its then up to the supreme court to determine whether those laws are constitutional. Thats an oversimplification but I don't claim any expertise in constitutional law. I am not in favor of an assault weapons ban for the simple reason that it won't accomplish anything and it will simply cause them to go after something else but the reality is that the supreme court will not deem it unconstitutional. The last one wasn't found to be unconstitutional but it had no teeth. It was purely cosmetic. You could go to the gun show, buy a sporterized ak, go to the next table and buy an ak stock set, and then go to the next table and buy all of the 30 rd mags and 75 rd drum mags you wanted.

What’s ambiguous about this?

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Sounds pretty ambiguous to me. Does this mean I can own a nuclear weapon or at least a small dirty bomb? Doesn't say the government can't force you to purchase a very expensive license and maybe put an outrageously expensive tax on them so no one can afford them. It does not say the government can't force you to register them.

For the recod .............this idiot is a damnyankee.
Carry on.

How dare you!!!! . I was born and raised in TN. You are from New Hampshire. How is that even a state? You should be annexed by Maine. At least they have more than 100 yds of coast line.
[/quote]
If that isn’t a burst of estrogen......

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Page 14 of 18 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

58 members (14idaho, 3dtestify, 6mmCreedmoor, 10gaugemag, 406_SBC, 11 invisible), 1,654 guests, and 755 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,387
Posts18,469,726
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.